OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I spent the last couple of days packing and moving into a bigger apartment. My kids can each have their own bathroom and I’m no longer partitioning one bedroom into two for my son and I. I was really thrilled to get this place at the outset knowing that it wasn’t perfect. And considering this last year, I’m actually glad to be moving on from it.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So, today is one of those days where FB memories can just say "don't look".

And we may have to put our older dog down.

September 14th will never be a great day for me, it would appear...

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So, today is one of those days where FB memories can just say "don't look".

And we may have to put our older dog down.

September 14th will never be a great day for me, it would appear...
Sorry to hear this.
As for Facebook memories, when you’re in them, there is a setting button (top right corner in iOS app) where you can put it where memories for certain days or with certain people tagged won’t show up. Very useful imho.

Reactions: Chainshot

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I spent the last couple of days packing and moving into a bigger apartment. My kids can each have their own bathroom and I’m no longer partitioning one bedroom into two for my son and I. I was really thrilled to get this place at the outset knowing that it wasn’t perfect. And considering this last year, I’m actually glad to be moving on from it.
If you're cramped for space these are great:
https://www.amazon.com/24-Pockets-S...01D58DRVC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
I ended up buying 3. One for shoes and 2 for the office so I wouldn't have to get shelves and bins.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Thanks.

We did have to put him down.

I'm as big a dog lover as there is. My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. Dogs love people unequivocally and I have found that the love and companionship they provide has helped me work my way through divorces, other personal problems, and this current COVID crisis. It took me a couple of years between the death of my previous dog and the one I have now - but I hope that if your life allows room for another dog - that you do so. Best wishes and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
The 10% Covid related pay cut that I was asked to take in early April ends with tomorrow's pay check. I work in a hospital and our system's bottom line has been dramatically affected by the pandemic. I'm actually surprised by this and realize that there are so many that have been affected so much more significantly. I'm not sure how to feel.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm as big a dog lover as there is. My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. Dogs love people unequivocally and I have found that the love and companionship they provide has helped me work my way through divorces, other personal problems, and this current COVID crisis. It took me a couple of years between the death of my previous dog and the one I have now - but I hope that if your life allows room for another dog - that you do so. Best wishes and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Thanks

We still have his nephew/brother.

Personally, I am quick to get a new dog when the home becomes dog-less. Given that Frankie is another miniature dachshund with back issues, we aren't going to add another dog until he is gone. We will want a little bigger dog next and we don't want Frankie to have any back issues from playing with a new dog.

And I'll want to adopt our next dog. We have friends that foster and my guess is that we will wait until they have a dog we love.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The 10% Covid related pay cut that I was asked to take in early April ends with tomorrow's pay check. I work in a hospital and our system's bottom line has been dramatically affected by the pandemic. I'm actually surprised by this and realize that there are so many that have been affected so much more significantly. I'm not sure how to feel.
as far as i would be concerned, that's the hospital's problem, not yours. a hospital can just declare bankruptcy. a pay cut is money out of your pocket that you're never gonna get back by going under and restructuring. no sense feeling any way about it, covid wasn't anyone's fault. just take the money and be happy you still have a job.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
One more free day before I reenter the working world. Going back to a 5 day work week after being spoiled by 3 day weekends the past couple years will be rough.

I put in 3 weeks' notice without anything to fall back on, resigned 9/4, and got a job offer on 9/5 from a company I had dealt with at work. I was expecting the search to be a long, drawn out headache, but this works for now. Still might send out some grad school feelers, though.

The gig is remote, so I've been spending some time building a corner of the workshop into a dust-free, child-and-dog-noise-free office area. Fun work, but I won't ever be a contractor--I'm already over budget and behind schedule.

Reactions: vcv

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, my wife, a Trauma Surgeon, was exposed to COVID by a coworker. She found out tonight DURING her overnight shift.

And, despite there being TESTS IN THE HOSPITAL, they won't give her a test and send her home. And she's been showing symptoms (Nausea is a very early symptom), but expect her to WORK HER SHIFT AND BE AROUND PEOPLE AND GET TESTED TOMORROW. AND THIS IS AT A DAMN HOSPITAL.

If my kids weren't sleeping in the next room, I'd be driving down there to raise holy hell with someone. If they won't test a TRAUMA SURGEON who is ON HER SHIFT and ACTIVELY WORKING with coworkers and PATIENTS get tested...I'm beyond dumbfounded.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
So, my wife, a Trauma Surgeon, was exposed to COVID by a coworker. She found out tonight DURING her overnight shift.

And, despite there being TESTS IN THE HOSPITAL, they won't give her a test and send her home. And she's been showing symptoms (Nausea is a very early symptom), but expect her to WORK HER SHIFT AND BE AROUND PEOPLE AND GET TESTED TOMORROW. AND THIS IS AT A DAMN HOSPITAL.

If my kids weren't sleeping in the next room, I'd be driving down there to raise holy hell with someone. If they won't test a TRAUMA SURGEON who is ON HER SHIFT and ACTIVELY WORKING with coworkers and PATIENTS get tested...I'm beyond dumbfounded.
what reasons were she given? Is that consistent with other close contact scenarios?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Yeah, that's crazy. I would have expected that the hospital would have been really proactive.

We had a co-worker scare last week with a close friend and co-worker of my wife having quick onset COVID symptoms shortly after her and my wife met at a local farmers market. Thankfully her test came back negative. She is a transplant recipient and we would be so worried for her if she had it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad