OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Pictures look the same to me. Not saying the media doesn't manipulate camera angles, because they certainly do, but both pictures show essentially the same thing here.

That was the picture that NASCAR provided to the media and not that the media doctored or even took.

But, narrators gonna narrate...

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
That was the picture that NASCAR provided to the media and not that the media doctored or even took.

But, narrators gonna narrate...
Yeah. I mean... holy shit.

What's the point of going out of your way to try to prove it isn't or doesn't look like a noose?

Even if it really only fits an arm/hand through, it's still a damn noose.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I don't see a HHoF thread.

i

Let Alexander Mogilny in the Hockey Hall of Fame! Snubs that deserve to be inducted

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
https://buffalonews.com/news/police...8121c6a.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
In the past week, at least 16 people have been shot and wounded citywide.
Police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge told The News Sunday there have been 37 people struck by gunfire in June.

This goes on all the time in Buffalo. There won't be any protests because there's no covenient target to blame. Occasionally a handful of people hold a rally to stop the violence.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Are you going to break out the Ingmar Bergman film library?
I traded the whole collection to Japan for a copy of Dodeskaden after watching the scene in Fanny and Alexander where a guy puts out a candle with his farts.

How can you not know what really happens when farting in front of a flame?

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I traded the whole collection to Japan for a copy of Dodeskaden after watching the scene in Fanny and Alexander where a guy puts out a candle with his farts.

Fun fact: I watched that film in college while taking a course on Japanese Cinema (Got an A- IIRC).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Fun fact: I watched that film in college while taking a course on Japanese Cinema (Got an A- IIRC).
Did you like it? It has my favourite opening of all time.

Did you watch Yume/Demons? That movie gave me so many nightmares as a kid.

Pro tip: don't let your kid watch swedish state television at night or at any point really. They might get Svankmajered or even worse.

Reactions: sabremike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Fun fact: On the bus ride home after a winter meet, I watched a college teammate in the bus seat in front of me successfully light a fart, and proceed to suffer the effects of the burn-back.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Man the day has taken a turn for the worse, was shocked seeing the gf out of bed before noon and now inundated with filipinas. They're busy clipping the nails off chicken feet and have kilos of mussels soaking. Can't stand chicken feet, and allergic to shellfish / mollusks to the point where touching now gives me a rash so banished to bedroom and my android box.

Worse part is if she would of said something, I wouldn't have marinated chicken for shwarma, made the garlic sauce, pickled the vegetables and had my pita dough resting. Fortunately everything except the dough can wait until tomorrow, I'll just make the pitas while they swim so they can eat them

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I love hearing him speak, he had a great interview with Mark Levin a few weeks ago
His research, writing, and interviews are enriching, provoking, and balancing in an era of frequently intolerant "discourse".

He reminds me of my own 92yo uncle Tom, who wrote a mini-family-history about growing up in the depression. Sowell wrote about growing up without hot running water, and declared it to be "perfectly normal for the majority of families of that era". My dad's family lacked that too in rural/mountainous western PA. If hot water was needed for baths or cooking, it was heated in a pot on the stove. Later, stoves were equipped with a side-burner tank for hot water, before (un-insulated) hot water tanks integrated with the household plumbing system became common.

Sowell wrote about moving to Brooklyn, where in summers, hundreds of people would congregate in parks to sleep a few hours while the cooler evening air displaced the heat-filled apartments, or they pulled mattresses out onto fire escapes in summers to sleep. In Buffalo in Parkside and other North Buffalo neighborhoods, many of the single family homes, and upper halves of upper/lower flats had sleeping porches with rails / runners to push a bed outside through french doors. Many still exist today. It was commonplace to use them. Sowell has said if he describes everyday life like that to young people today, "they look at me like I'm a man from Mars".

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I loved Carl Reiner, I grew up with the Dick Van Dyke show, it ran on one of the local stations for many years in syndication, late morning if I remember. He created and wrote that show based on his own life but the network didn't want him to be the star, probably because he was bald. He was always funny when he would be on 70s,80s,90s talk shows, exuding niceness which everybody says was how he truly was in private life too. There's a thread on Twitter by a comic book writer telling a story about his own dad who became a writer inspired by Reiner about an experience with Reiner that is the best eulogy and tribute Carl Reiner or anybody could hope for.

Channel 7, pretty sure, it had all the old shows, I Love Lucy, Superman, Dick Van Dyke, 3 Stooges and a ton of vintage cartoons.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I have been overly optimistic the past few days and got some goalie gear for my son that needed upgrading/upsizing. And I do like that he's the same size as me. I'm not too proud to take hand me down gear.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Today I lost my best dog friend in the entire world for the last 15 1/2 years. To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement. She was absolutely the love of my life for all those years, and I don’t know what I’m going to do without her. I love you so much, Chloe, and I’ll miss you! :cry:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
'Black Bart,' team say they have what it takes to revive Fantasy Island
Efforts underway to make Fantasy Island 'beautiful and fun again'
In addition to Bill "Black Bart" Baldwin, the leadership team includes George Marenna Jr., president of Connecticut company Marenna Amusements. Marenna's family-owned and operated company provides carnival rides for festivals, fairs and community events.
Flying Bison Brewing Co. is in talks with Empire to operate a biergarten at the park, said Tim Herzog, the brewery's founder.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Today I lost my best dog friend in the entire world for the last 15 1/2 years. To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement. She was absolutely the love of my life for all those years, and I don’t know what I’m going to do without her. I love you so much, Chloe, and I’ll miss you! :cry:
So sorry for your loss. No comfort to offer, it's just immense pain and emptiness.

Dread the day when I lose my buddy. Even looked up some info on cloning, was pretty cheap but ethics and all that...

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Hiked the lower Niagara’s Gorge trail today. I love doing it but it was a stark reminder of how out of shape I am. The stairs in and out of the Gorge and no joke. Something I’m going to need to work on.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Hiked the lower Niagara’s Gorge trail today. I love doing it but it was a stark reminder of how out of shape I am. The stairs in and out of the Gorge and no joke. Something I’m going to need to work on.
Nice. I try to hike a couple times a week on the Finger Lakes Trail, maybe 7-8 miles total. Thankfully the simple solution to poor cardio is just more cardio.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Back in the office for the first time since April. I'm longing for 90 degrees and truck solitude again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad