Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
terrellowenskey.jpeg

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Victory!

My nine year old son has been driving my whole house crazy for three months now. He finally decided to take my advice and watched Captain America. He's now binge watching the entire Marvel series. My house has peace..... at least until End Game.
If you add in Agent Carter, Agents of Shield and the Netflix series you'll buy yourself some more time.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Do any other Buffalo residents think the Byron Brown has done a horrible job the past 15 years? He's obviously already received criticism for the way he's chosen to handle the protests, but in general I also happen to think he's failed in bigger ways. Our schools suck, our already poor communities are getting even poorer, unemployment is well above the national average, etc. Not looking for an argument here I just wanted to hear some other opinions on his tenure.
The trash and recycling bins were his crowning achievement. He's a nice guy but it seems like he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and is just along for the ride. He doesn't want to do the hard work that's needed to turn the city around. He's Jason Botterill with a shiny head.

Reactions: valet

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
The trash and recycling bins were his crowning achievement. He's a nice guy but it seems like he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers and is just along for the ride. He doesn't want to do the hard work that's needed to turn the city around. He's Jason Botterill with a shiny head.
Yep, that's exactly how I feel. The do nothing politician just playing the PR routine and collecting a paycheck until people realize that he won't get anything done.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Reactions: Der Jaeger

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Had a fun twitter exchange with a guy who didn’t take CHAZ seriously because they weren’t energy independent- lol it’s a bunch of hippies and protesters making a symbolic point, just funny seeing infrastructure and logistics held against them. Historically the US hasn’t been energy independent either, just a weird point to make there- the argument against CHAZ being autonomous is “look at it, do you seriously think that’ll work long term?” and not “well it’s been 3 days and they haven’t even submitted for UN recognition nor have they developed any industries, fail!”

15yo GE side by side fridge from previous homeowner won’t cool fully (was their kitchen unit, we moved to garage after 2013 home purchase and kitchen remodel). Will troubleshoot tomorrow. May need to give up ice cream and beer.

Just go chinese style, room temperature beer. It’s a thing, and it’s kinda too politically sensitive to explain to my students that it’s not a cultural thing so much as not having fridges until very recently. Then I get some slightly cooled 3.2% wheat beer crap.. ah man I miss that place.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Just go chinese style, room temperature beer. It’s a thing, and it’s kinda too politically sensitive to explain to my students that it’s not a cultural thing so much as not having fridges until very recently. Then I get some slightly cooled 3.2% wheat beer crap.. ah man I miss that place.
That's my version of hell.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Victory!

My nine year old son has been driving my whole house crazy for three months now. He finally decided to take my advice and watched Captain America. He's now binge watching the entire Marvel series. My house has peace..... at least until End Game.
You're in the eye of the storm.

My 9 year old has been binge playing NHL 20. Mostly peaceful, though he gets pretty into it and gets loud sometimes.

Do any other Buffalo residents think the Byron Brown has done a horrible job the past 15 years?
He s u c k s.

Reactions: valet

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
You're in the eye of the storm.

My 9 year old has been binge playing NHL 20. Mostly peaceful, though he gets pretty into it and gets loud sometimes.

Mine is taking a break from NHL 20. It was the daily activity for quarantine. He got to 2035 and was asking me who to draft. Sure, draft Connor Mogilny.

Reactions: Chainshot and vcv

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Some say Guinness should be consumed at room temperature.
I'm not fond of Guinness, although I do appreciate its inherent low-calorie content, and do agree it is palatable drunk warmer than most beers can be. Right now, my fridge is holding at 50F / 26F freezer. I've yet to troubleshoot. It's cold enough in the fridge for pop & beer, water and gatorade. I just "turbo" it a little by putting a typical variety of each for few hours of yardwork consumption in the freezer a couple hours before I head outside. Also helps it's been unseasonably cool here the past week - like a Buffalo summer, actually. Current temp is 76F, I'm knocking off work to prune the garden after a week straight of rain, then work in my shop.

I know PHX is heading back up to 110F next week for a week straight. Face-timed my Chandler in-laws Tuesday at my son's COVID-special HS graduation, which was also youtubed by the school live, so they could actually see it (original travel plans scrubbed for them due to COVID uncertainties).

Reactions: Chainshot

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I'm not fond of Guinness, although I do appreciate its inherent low-calorie content, and do agree it is palatable drunk warmer than most beers can be. Right now, my fridge is holding at 50F / 26F freezer. I've yet to troubleshoot. It's cold enough in the fridge for pop & beer, water and gatorade. I just "turbo" it a little by putting a typical variety of each for few hours of yardwork consumption in the freezer a couple hours before I head outside. Also helps it's been unseasonably cool here the past week - like a Buffalo summer, actually. Current temp is 76F, I'm knocking off work to prune the garden after a week straight of rain, then work in my shop.

I know PHX is heading back up to 110F next week for a week straight. Face-timed my Chandler in-laws Tuesday at my son's COVID-special HS graduation, which was also youtubed by the school live, so they could actually see it (original travel plans scrubbed for them due to COVID uncertainties).
I'm just waiting for the monsoons to start up so I can enjoy some beverages on the patio and watch the lightning show.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We have a variety of excellent local breweries and brew pubs. It seems it started from a group of guys who used to go out looking for good beer and many of them started their own with support of one another as "a thing". Having the university here helps too -- lots of of-age people looking to sop their graduate school or grading troubles in a few pints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad