OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I've been to South Korea twice for a total of 3 years, all north of Seoul.
I was there 2yrs at Yongsan, got extended after shoulder surgery. Staff duty so was able to TAD (travel around drunk) for sports so played hockey in Thailand, softball in Thailand and Japan. Was a good time, always got a kick out of the looks I'd get when I'd randomly speak Korean in the non-Itaewon areas. I still do it on occasion here,

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I was there 2yrs at Yongsan, got extended after shoulder surgery. Staff duty so was able to TAD (travel around drunk) for sports so played hockey in Thailand, softball in Thailand and Japan. Was a good time, always got a kick out of the looks I'd get when I'd randomly speak Korean in the non-Itaewon areas. I still do it on occasion here,

unfortunately, being north of Seoul, it was less fun, as you know.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
From the brewpub right down the street from me:
20200619_204327.jpg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Someone started a Yakopov thread on the main and it was shut down because it doesn’t belong in NHL talk. Just like Yakopov, I’m lollin.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Being playing the Last of Us 2 and I've been enjoying it a lot. The game is gorgeous and makes me wonder what next-gen titles will look like.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
I can honestly say I've never been in this thread before, but it seems it's here for general discussion so i thought I might post this here. I'm with a 2014 travel hockey team in the WNY area and we are looking for a goaltender for this coming 2020-21 season. If any of you have or know a child that might be interested, send me a private message and I'll give you more details.

***If this isn't appropriate, please delete***

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Well this certainly didn't age well.
Yeah, now that we know the noose has been there for almost a year instead of just put up, it was so stupid for NASCAR drivers and crews to show their support for NASCAR's only black driver in the midst of a national movement about the black community and racism.

So stupid.

Reactions: yahhockey

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, now that we know the noose has been there for almost a year instead of just put up, it was so stupid for NASCAR drivers and crews to show their support for NASCAR's only black driver in the midst of a national movement about the black community and racism.

So stupid.
Dear God: It was as much a noose as those ones in Oakland that had been put up as a kid's swing (and IIRC it was by a black family). Only someone detached from reality would think that it was done as a symbol of hate and not as a functioning devise (people online were pointing out that it had been there long before that race shortly after the story broke). And the whole reason they did this whole show was the idea the guy was the victim of racist abuse by someone in the sport placing a noose in his garage when that did not happen.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The photo used is an example of one that uses perspective to mislead (like the photos going around purported to show people crowded together on beaches like a Tokyo subway train when the perception was inaccurate and people were in fact maintaining distance). Here is another photo:
IMG_20200626_101551.png

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The photo used is an example of one that uses perspective to mislead (like the photos going around purported to show people crowded together on beaches like a Tokyo subway train when the perception was inaccurate and people were in fact maintaining distance). Here is another photo:View attachment 351471
Still looks like a noose. Not sure what point you're trying to prove?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Pictures look the same to me. Not saying the media doesn't manipulate camera angles, because they certainly do, but both pictures show essentially the same thing here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->