Post-Game Talk (GBU): And its falling apart already

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Ugly:

Sabres - 12 shots yesterday

Stamkos - 12 shots yesterday

We better hope that its true when they say that a generational talent can elevate everyone around him, because if not we're going to need a hell of a lot more than a McEichel to turn this sunken ship around. And here I thought last year was rock bottom.

Still waiting for the nolan effect to kick in. :sarcasm: That sure didn't look like a team giving it their all and then some last night. :shakehead Also, someone refresh my memory on how exactly the sabres roster is improved over last year?

Today's game should be very telling on exactly how the rest of the season is going to go. If we don't look like we belong in the same building as this carolina team, we may be breaking some of our own "worst ever" records this year. :help:

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Things are proceeding pretty well as we had hoped.

My main thoughts at this point are:

-Stay the course.

-Get Reinhart and Zads out of here now.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I really wonder if the following are NHL records:

-Surrendering 40+ shots in each of your first three games (40, 47, 44)
-Being outshot by 18+ shots in each of your first three games (18, 24, 32)
-Being outshot by a total of 74 shots after three games (average: 24.66/game)

I tweeted it to Ian Ott, so we'll see if he gets back to me. This is just unreal. They're being outshot, on average, 43.66-19.00. That's astounding.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Honestly, Where have you seen an Actual AHL team play against an NHL team? I've never heard of that.

Or is that an exaggeration?

I think a few years back the Philly Phantoms played the Flyers (i don't think it should completely count because farm team/parent team blah blah blah) but i think The Phantoms won? Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
- Meszaros is a pylon. I can't believe my eyes. It's pathetic to know that we have him signed at the same price yearly that we had Ehrhoff at. It's already a waste of money and a contract that is untradeable. I'm not sure what the solution is there, other than to waive him.
John Scott on D?

Clock

May 13, 2006
Things are proceeding pretty well as we had hoped.

My main thoughts at this point are:

-Stay the course.

-Get Reinhart and Zads out of here now.

I'm with you on the first point, but not the second. I don't think the rookies need to be moved out just because the team is doing so poorly, at least yet. I'm all for waiting it out a bit and seeing if the team can get its feet under itself and letting the kids be part of that process.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm with you on the first point, but not the second. I don't think the rookies need to be moved out just because the team is doing so poorly, at least yet. I'm all for waiting it out a bit and seeing if the team can get its feet under itself and letting the kids be part of that process.

I think Zadorov needs to get shipped out.

If Nolan needed 3 games to see that Zadorov should play over AM and/or AB, well.....

Get him on a team with a coach that believes in him.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I think Zadorov needs to get shipped out.

If Nolan needed 3 games to see that Zadorov should play over AM and/or AB, well.....

Get him on a team with a coach that believes in him.

Well that's the question. Is Nolan really not confident in Zad's abilities? Or did he think he had a lot to learn from observing the first few games from the press box and then getting his feet wet? I am just saying, if he is observing, i really hope he focused on Gorges and Myers and not Benoit or Mesz....:shakehead

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Well that's the question. Is Nolan really not confident in Zad's abilities? Or did he think he had a lot to learn from observing the first few games from the press box and then getting his feet wet? I am just saying, if he is observing, i really hope he focused on Gorges and Myers and not Benoit or Mesz....:shakehead

That's not the way Nolan sounded going into the Anaheim game when he talked about AB & AM.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
This team can't beat anyone with the penalty gap they've put themselves in so far this season, much less against teams like the Ducks and Blackhawks that could beat us if the penalties were switched.

It's early yet but they're probably the worst possession team in the league again this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-sabres-are-getting-crushed-1.106523

Sabres D Andrej Meszaros continues to get buried. He was on for 20% (5 for, 20 against). Through three games, he’s been on for 21 shot attempts for and 69 against (23.3%).

How bad are the Sabres? Through three games, they are sitting at a league-worst 34.0% Corsi (31.7% in close game situations). Last season, when the Sabres were clearly the worst team in the league, they had possession numbers in the 41.0% range during 5-on-5 close situations.

I'm no analytics guru...but thats baaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad