Post-Game Talk (GBU): And its falling apart already

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
G: 2016 draft, only 79 more to go, no shutouts yet, come on the Hurricanes cant be this bad, right. right? right! unlike some other Buffalo teams we still have a 1st draft pick

B: yes

U: 4 goals for 14 against in 3 games, given up 40 shots in every game
that guys knee after Gorges got him in the neutral zone

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Good:
Our PP no longer uses the "5 men standing still" strategy! The players actually move around the zone! Now we just gotta fill those units with talent.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Clint Eastwood - there will not be a jersey number conflict for either McDavid or Eichel.

Lee Van Cleef - poor kids seeing a dumpster fire on their off day.

Eli Wallach - Ben-Mez on the ice at the same time.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
G: Neuvirth in the first and second. Girgensons and Gorges throwing the body around.

B: Reinhart's 3rd period giveaway. No penalty shot for Moulson.

U: Benoit (balls) and his freaking penalties... (edit: Just remembered he got PP time as well:shakehead)

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, and I don't know about that 19-28-80 line.. Yeah, in the end they got some chances, but looked pretty awful first 55 minutes.

Looking forward for tomorrows games, its our time to dominate. :sarcasm: :naughty:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Yeah, and I don't know about that 19-28-80 line.. Yeah, in the end they got some chances, but looked pretty awful first 55 minutes.

Looking forward for tomorrows games, its our time to dominate. :sarcasm: :naughty:

I'm guessing it was Girg having an off game, cuz I sure didn't catch any power forward bull moves from him. Stewart seemed equally off. Hodgson, I dunno, because he had a few snazzy moves and was digging on the backcheck too, but I'm biased there so maybe just noticed him more than Girg and Stewart?

I'd give the trio a good 5-10 game run. As duets, they've all seemed to click quickly, but getting something moving together needs a chance to develop too.

Also, individually, Stewart hasn't played more than a handful of games the last whole year, Girgs is new to his role, and Hodgson has been stuck with a revolving door of anything available after Moulson was moved to the Ennis/Stafford duet.

Constant line juggling isn't going to help any of these guys.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
At some point Moulson, Gionta, and Georges are going to say what were we thinking.

What happens when the players start believing in the tank as well? I mean could they win less than 10 games?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm guessing it was Girg having an off game, cuz I sure didn't catch any power forward bull moves from him. Stewart seemed equally off. Hodgson, I dunno, because he had a few snazzy moves and was digging on the backcheck too, but I'm biased there so maybe just noticed him more than Girg and Stewart?

I'd give the trio a good 5-10 game run. As duets, they've all seemed to click quickly, but getting something moving together needs a chance to develop too.

Also, individually, Stewart hasn't played more than a handful of games the last whole year, Girgs is new to his role, and Hodgson has been stuck with a revolving door of anything available after Moulson was moved to the Ennis/Stafford duet.

Constant line juggling isn't going to help any of these guys.

The problem with that line is it puts WAY too much on Girgs defensively. Neither Stewart nor Hodgson are known for their defensive play and Girgs has to basically be perfect in our end.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Nah, they'll just say at least we're getting paid.

And here I thought the Bills were bad! Relatively speaking, they deserve a parade.

And yet the Sabres will probably be back in the playoffs before the Bills. The Sabres finally eschewed mediocrity; the Bills seemingly embrace it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@pham1717: In his two starts with Buff last season he faced 44 shots in Flor and 54 in Carolina. In his home debut he's seen 29 in 2 periods.

@pham1717: That's an average of 47.6 shots per game

Neuvirth has been a busy boy

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Ted Nolan on Sabres having 12 shots: "You just try to shoot the puck down the ice 15 times, you might hit the net 10 times. It was bad."

:laugh:

azisnomarsa

Oct 13, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hi guys, first post here.

G: We have time to slowly develop our prospects in farm systems.

B: That hip check into boards looked brutal

U: Defense, Offense?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Has there been any clarification why Strachan and Zadorov are still here? Unless London has told Buffalo they are trying to trade him I can't think of any reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad