Post-Game Talk (GBU): And its falling apart already

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
G: it's over

B: Defense / Offense

U: those jerseys...

You have to wonder what they are going to do to stop the bleeding. All tanking aside, hard to imagine they want to keep this pace of ugly for the rest of the season.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
G: it's over

B: Defense / Offense

U: those jerseys...

You have to wonder what they are going to do to stop the bleeding. All tanking aside, hard to imagine they want to keep this pace of ugly for the rest of the season.

Shoring up the defense one way or another seems like the most obvious way. You have to think between the 10 or so dmen in the system potentially capable of playing in the nhl they can find 6 that don't blow monkey chunks.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I'd really like to hear the reasoning behind why strachan and zadorov aren't in the mix. Benoit (balls) is showing that he's a seventh d man at best. If Pysyk isn't back soon we're in for a few more losses. Carolina should be our easiest matchup. I hope Nolan can light a fire under this team cause this game was disappointing to put it nicely. On the plus side, it looked like neuvirth stepped his game up from the preseason. For all the talk of this team being 'harder to play against' this season, it didn't translate this game. Twelve shots on goal is bad and they should feel bad.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
G: Game at a resonable time for me to watch it without losing sleep.

B: Had other plans so I couldn't watch it anyway. No wait, that's another good, right? Because:

U: The result.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Another thing to add to the "good" column - I just checked out the Islanders next 15 games or so, looks very very tough. The easy team on there is Winnipeg, but I'm hoping the Isles seriously tank hard now...we need them to.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
G: Reinhart and Girgs occasionally woke up
Neuvirth until the start of third

B: Hodg-Girgs-Stewart showed pretty much nothing together

U: Faceoffs (especially in defensive zone)
Defense (and the 4 minor penalties among them)
SOG

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Doesn't seem fair to do a GBU for this game (or the last game), Sabres were just outmatched in every single way.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
- So many people are totally invisible. It's alarming and shocking to me.

- To think that you could've told me that Hodgson, Stafford, Moulson, Gionta and Stewart were all dressed and I would have had to double check to confirm is sickening.

- Meszaros is a pylon. I can't believe my eyes. It's pathetic to know that we have him signed at the same price yearly that we had Ehrhoff at. It's already a waste of money and a contract that is untradeable. I'm not sure what the solution is there, other than to waive him.

- I've been fine with the performances of both goalies thus far. They're not the issue.

- Myers doesn't look bad

- I'm now in the camp of wanting to keep Reinhart here for the full season. It's not as though he will be a hindrance or taking an undeserved roster spot.

- the Gorges hit bothered me. If it happened to a Sabre, I would be leading the parade that called for the beheading of the culprit. To be skating forwards and crouch down to hit someone low at the knees is bush league. There is zero chance of anyone spinning that into anything other than what it is: dirty.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

- To think that you could've told me that Hodgson, Stafford, Moulson, Gionta and Stewart were all dressed and I would have had to double check to confirm is sickening.

- Meszaros is a pylon. I can't believe my eyes. It's pathetic to know that we have him signed at the same price yearly that we had Ehrhoff at. It's already a waste of money and a contract that is untradeable. I'm not sure what the solution is there, other than to waive him.

- I've been fine with the performances of both goalies thus far. They're not the issue.

- Myers doesn't look bad

- I'm now in the camp of wanting to keep Reinhart here for the full season. It's not as though he will be a hindrance or taking an undeserved roster spot.

- the Gorges hit bothered me. If it happened to a Sabre, I would be leading the parade that called for the beheading of the culprit. To be skating forwards and crouch down to hit someone low at the knees is bush league. There is zero chance of anyone spinning that into anything other than what it is: dirty.

I'm in the opposite camp. Get him away from this tire fire. Hell, keep Grigerenko in Rochester too.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm in the opposite camp. Get him away from this tire fire. Hell, keep Grigerenko in Rochester too.

I knew someone would say this.

He's not going to get worse by being a part of a losing team. That's nonsense. Every top pick that has played with their team after being drafted has played for a crappy team - hence said team being in a position to draft said player. It's part of how you eventually turn it around. Hell, it might motivate him to get better so he doesn't have to ensure such a thing again

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm also leaning keeping him here. His biggest needs, based on what I've seen on the ice thus far, are skating work and, especially, strength.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

- Myers doesn't look bad

The Meszaros signing is a win-win. Except for the money itself, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for mr Pegula. Mesz keeps us above the cap floor, that's the main thing. And if he plays good, he helps the team, makes himself a good trade chip for the deadline or even a re-sign. If he plays bad, he's the tank commander that gets us closer to McEichel. It's a good signing of a, so far, terrible player.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
G: Girgensens. That kid works hard. The rest of his line was coasting, but he kept at it. One shift in the third where he seemed to always be where the puck was. Any sort of pressure we put on them, he was behind it on that shift.

Myers with a couple of great plays, decent hits, and smart passes.

B: this team. This team is just bad. They are almost worse than last years team, but at least they are okay (grain of salt) positionally.

U: Possession. This Sabres team has no ability to control and maintain possession of the puck. It looks like they are playing hot potato out there

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I know this team is bad but I've seen AHL teams play against NHL teams and look more compettiive.

I don't think Nolan is a good hockey coach. This team looks disorganized, and confused.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I know this team is bad but I've seen AHL teams play against NHL teams and look more compettiive.

I don't think Nolan is a good hockey coach. This team looks disorganized, and confused.

Honestly, Where have you seen an Actual AHL team play against an NHL team? I've never heard of that.

Or is that an exaggeration?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Meal I had about the time of puck drop. Ceviche, arroz con pollo, cafe con leche.
- Having internet at the restaurant. Hurray!
- Being able to watch the "highlights" if I want via Gamecenter.

The Bad -

- No internet at home strong enough to watch the game. Ummm... hurray?!?

The Ugly -

- Trying to get my running shoes dry after going for a run in torrential rain yesterday. Ok, it wasn't a planned run, just getting caught in it when walking from the bus.
- Feeling two earthquakes last night.
- Rod Brind'Amour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad