Post-Game Talk (GBU): And its falling apart already

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At some point Moulson, Gionta, and Georges are going to say what were we thinking.

Just because they said the proper things publicly doesn't mean that they believe those things. If you have to suffer through one season with the payoff being a supposed generational talent to go to battle with over the next three or four years of your contract in addition to other promising prospects currently in junior and the AHL then sometimes the end justifies the means. All we'd like to see is some improvement from the younger players and that players don't stop listening to the coaches or slip up off the ice.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Ugly: guy just called the post game show talking about how the Sabres need to get with analytics, he then goes on to support his point by listing plus/minus numbers for various defenseman

Clock

May 13, 2006
I regretted having to miss this one because I love watching the Ducks, but reading these is making me feel a little better.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Well all see this you won't win in this league with 12 shots improving by 1 shot every period. 3 in the. First , 4 in the second and 5 in the third.

Lackadaisical and shellacking indeed

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
G:
We lost to a team we're suppose to lose too...good!
Myers and Jorges

B:
Girgensons - I'd muchhh rather have Grigorenko at center and him on the wing. I don't see him there long term and feel he's more effective on the wing.
Benoit
Everyone else I guess?

U:
Carolina has 0 points...tomorrow is the battle for McDavid/Eichel.

Real talk though I hope Carolina doesn't get the #1 overall pick over us, I'd hope if they do that they take the American Eichel b/c McDavid WANTS to play in Buffalo and not Carolina :)

Ps - I live in Raleigh, NC...so I'm hating on my own city here lol

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Nolan's pissseddd

"That was like a Peewee team versus an NHL team"

get the win tomorrow!!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres center Sam Reinhart lost all 11 faceoffs he took. Overall, Buffalo won 32 percent of the draws.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres center Sam Reinhart lost all 11 faceoffs he took. Overall, Buffalo won 32 percent of the draws.

Give the kid an opportunity in the next 2 games vs the Hurricanes & Panthers.
Then get him on the next plane out of town before the Bruins / Kings / Sharks /Leafs.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I went to this atrocity ...

G ...
No injuries
79 to go

B ...
Shot differential
F/O%

U ...
Energy level/effort level was among the worst games. It reminded me of a Rolston coached team
Those 3rd jersies are still heinous

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
@BuffNewsVogl: Ted Nolan on Sabres having 12 shots: "You just try to shoot the puck down the ice 15 times, you might hit the net 10 times. It was bad."

:laugh:

But Nolan is great and Rob Rolston sucks. I was at the game and it was as shameful as I've seen from Sabres. Character guys like Gionta? Floater. Georges gives it but this team has so little spirit -- three games into the season!

The magic of Nolan is a guy named Hasek.

Talk McDavid all you want but putting that on the ice makes the franchise look like a joke.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This team can't beat anyone with the penalty gap they've put themselves in so far this season, much less against teams like the Ducks and Blackhawks that could beat us if the penalties were switched.

It's early yet but they're probably the worst possession team in the league again this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad