Analyzing Habs forward over past 25 years, and time to trade Gallagher?

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Trade Price even if you have to retain. If you don't trade him now it will be too late,
even with an upgraded defence he isn't going to win the Habs anything.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It would be the time to trade him to maximize his value. But you can't just trade every player to maximize value to get more future. Sometimes you need to keep the right pieces to help build a contender with the younger players.

I surely would keep Gallagher and Weber until they retire. Price?? not so much. But unless Seattle are going hard after him at the expansion draft, i can't see us being able to trade him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It would be the time to trade him to maximize his value. But you can't just trade every player to maximize value to get more future. Sometimes you need to keep the right pieces to help build a contender with the younger players.

I surely would keep Gallagher and Weber until they retire. Price?? not so much. But unless Seattle are going hard after him at the expansion draft, i can't see us being able to trade him.
I would trade Gallagher for over trade return value. Which he should fetch due to his contract.

He will be 29 when his contract is up and due for massive increase. Guys who play the game hard like him fall off early. Didn't you use to be PK Subban? Lucic, Simmonds to name a few. At 30 they are basically done, or near done.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Not interested in any trade for Gallagher, unless it guarantees the Habs the SCC. With the current team and prospects the Habs have a playoff team, one capable of beating any other team in a seven game series!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: phillytennis

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I’m fine with getting rid of Gallagher but then again I think I’ve been the one person in this city who’s never been a big fan of him

Reactions: the

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Not interested in any trade for Gallagher, unless it guarantees the Habs the SCC. With the current team and prospects the Habs have a playoff team, one capable of beating any other team in a seven game series!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

I wish I lived in Bizarro world like you do..

D7DC9FC6-E778-4C23-B3FE-2A627CD56B86.jpeg

You’re a very nice and positive person.. but you are in serious denial my friend..

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
So who are Montreal getting in return for Gallagher ? Realistically if the did decide to trade him .

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Near impossible to do with a NMC.
Price and his agent will be picking the team he gets traded to if Montreal feel its time for him to move on . Montreal won't retain more than 20 % Is there a team needing a goalie enough to pay him 8 + million per x 6 years who will be 33 when next season begins ?

Its highly doubtful he's ever traded.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Gallagher will get you between 20 and 30 goals wherever he plays in the lineup. A veteran line of Tatar - Danult - Gallagher in a few years could well be an elite 3rd line in the NHL, providing top-6 production in a 3rd line role and shutting down opponents in key moments during a game. Now, you just need to assemble enough talent to bump them down to a 3rd line role...

Sadly they will be too expensive for that. They'll want to get paid like 1st liners are and this is 100% going to be a problem.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
If we trade him at next year's deadline when he's about to become UFA probably the same as Patch. 2nd round pick and a prospect.
Montreal Ownership will sign him to an extension even overpay him before making a trade like that . Difference being they likely want Gallagher to remain with the organization and the no longer wanted Pacioretty.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Montreal Ownership will sign him to an extension even overpay him before making a trade like that . Difference being they likely want Gallagher to remain with the organization and the no longer wanted Pacioretty.

Oh Patch was definitely on the trade block no matter what. I would not mind too much overpaying Gallagher but not for 7 years. But we can't overpay them all. I mean we got to resign Petry, Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Tatar and Armia in the next 2 years. Choice will have to be made and i sure do hope given our current situation that we wont lose any of them for nothing like Radulov (outside of Domi they are all ufa).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I’m fine with getting rid of Gallagher but then again I think I’ve been the one person in this city who’s never been a big fan of him

Not a fan? Not a fan of a 30+ goal scorer, who works his arse off and is a leader? Really?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we trade him at next year's deadline when he's about to become UFA probably the same as Patch. 2nd round pick and a prospect.
Get a lot more for Gallagher now. Got to have vision for the future. He should bring two core young pieces. Maybe more if we retain.

We are only .500 with Gallagher. Not like we can't survive without him. Like some are trying to suggest.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

No they don’t

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Not a fan? Not a fan of a 30+ goal scorer, who works his arse off and is a leader? Really?

Yes. Never been a Gallagher guy, great player and I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never been a fan. I'm aware it's an unpopular opinion but it's my own.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Yes. Never been a Gallagher guy, great player and I'm sure he's a good guy but I've never been a fan. I'm aware it's an unpopular opinion but it's my own.

Gallagher provides a bit of sand paper in an otherwise non physical team...plus, he scores critical goals....a 30 goal scorer....as well, he goes to the dirty areas....plays big for a small guy...he is proud to be a Hab....a natural leader on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad