Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
So by my count we have 4 dman that are locks to play with Larsson/Curran/Mahura/Hakanpaa fighting for the rest

If we did sign Barrie I think you could play him with Lindholm and Fowler with Manson.

Based on our apparent desire for offense on D I would guess Curran will get every opportunity to succeed

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
So by my count we have 4 dman that are locks to play with Larsson/Curran/Mahura/Hakanpaa fighting for the rest

If we did sign Barrie I think you could play him with Lindholm and Fowler with Manson.

Based on our apparent desire for offense on D I would guess Curran will get every opportunity to succeed

Who is the 4th?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

you mean 3? Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson are the only locks. Though we’re clearly getting ready to sign another top 4.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Djoos will be in the lineup most likely.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Lindholm - Manson
Larsson - Fowler
Djoos - Barrie/Shattenkirk
Curran

Fowler spent some time on his off side last year but him and Larsson can be flipped. The third pairing would see heavy offensive usage/sheltering. If we add another D trade Guhle.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Myself I'd prefer we get Shattenkirk. He's not nearly as bad as Barrie defensively (his 2 worst years were in NY), he's not quite over the hill at 31 and he's won a Cup - he knows what it takes to win. I'm also pretty sure he can be had for less money and term than Barrie will want, and I don't want to be stuck with Barrie for any length of time. Shattenkirk will fill the hole until Drysdale is ready.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I hope we can get a winger too. I’d like Hinostroza, Verhaeghe, or Kahun.
Me too. But I think we can do better than those guys. If TOR lands Pietrangelo which you KNOW they want to do, Nylander has to go, LeBrun has said they were actively trying to move him. If we were to send Rakell back with other pieces, we could fit BOTH Nylander and Shattenkirk in the cap using Kesler's LTIR. Nylander is locked up for a few years and has some time to get to know the system before Zegras and Comtois come up (though MC may be up this year). Shatty fills the gap until Drysdale. It fits.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wouldn't mind wennberg at all to take some defensive responsibilities down the middle. Think he would be a nice fit because we don't have a defensive center on the roster.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If we signed Barrie I would go:

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Barrie
Djoos-Curran

On one note, this would be by far the softest dman group we have ever iced. Could move the puck at least.

Last edited:

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
I don't want to cross over into "weird" territory, but Broadcom's stock (and Samueli's net worth) is at an all-time high. And that's an industry that's probably better able to weather a pandemic than a lot of the industries other owners are in.

So I wonder if the internal budget restrictions have quietly been removed. A few of their moves over the last couple years (taking on Backes, taking on Gudbranson without sending any money back) suggest this might have already been the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbieboy3686

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I don't want to cross over into "weird" territory, but Broadcom's stock (and Samueli's net worth) is at an all-time high. And that's an industry that's probably better able to weather a pandemic than a lot of the industries other owners are in.

So I wonder if the internal budget restrictions have quietly been removed. A few of their moves over the last couple years (taking on Backes, taking on Gudbranson without sending any money back, suggest this might have already been the case).
I kind of suspect they run the team as a completely separate entity, with acceptable losses and revenue goals built in. I'd be shocked if we actually spent real cash to the cap, but I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Duck Off

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I kind of suspect they run the team as a completely separate entity, with acceptable losses and revenue goals built in. I'd be shocked if we actually spent real cash to the cap, but I hope I'm wrong.
I'd say you are fundamentally correct about the Ducks being separate from the rest; but the Samueli's are astute business people. If they are sold that a package Bob wants to spend money on will truly help us remain competitive and get better, they will spend the money. They're not tightwads by any stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad