Anaheim bringing back the Mighty Ducks logo for third jerseys

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
As I posted on the Ducks board, I don't mind these at all but they just weren't what I was hoping for.

I think that for a mashup of new and old, eggplant with orange accents could have looked really cool with the retro logo- in the very least it gives you a colour scheme that isn't active elsewhere in the league.

thumb.aspx

Reactions: grentthealien

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
They really should go back to these. The good old days of Kariya, Selanne, JSG. Something about those guys with that jersey...that will always be the Ducks to me.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Logo is beautiful, but the black isn't needed. Why can't the Ducks get a jersey right?

they did

the originals. they were beautiful yet they constantly got crapped on by everyone until the ducks introduced their extremely boring new look in 06

then after some time passed and nostalgia kicked in, people longed for the old mighty ducks sweaters

i wish they'd just bring back the original look but i get that ownership doesn't also want to go back completely to the "disney" look

Reactions: Plural

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This would be nice if it was white instead of black. I appreciate the effort but it was poorly executed.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Didn't they have to drop "Mighty Ducks" and the associated logos when Disney sold the team?

Have to? No. They've always held the trademarks. But the new ownership definitely wanted to distance themselves and rebrand themselves as a 'serious' hockey team.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I get the stuff people are saying about the shoulders but I can easily look past it because that logo is beautiful!!!

p.s. I think the Ducks have by far the ugliest uniforms in the league, I wish those would be their new ones.

Reactions: jetsforever

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
As I posted on the Ducks board, I don't mind these at all but they just weren't what I was hoping for.

I think that for a mashup of new and old, eggplant with orange accents could have looked really cool with the retro logo- in the very least it gives you a colour scheme that isn't active elsewhere in the league.

thumb.aspx

Agreed, that colour scheme could really tie the old ducks with orange county orange + It would be instantly unique in the league. Personally I like it.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Question and a commen t:

Comment - the Ducks are on the verge of becoming like the Canucks - suffering from an identity crisis. One minute they're purple and turquoise, the next they're Gold and Orange, the next they're pure orange, the next they're black, silver and turquoise

Question - how are the Ducks "bringing back the Mighty Ducks logo" when they were already using that exact same logo last year on their orange sweaters?

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Question and a commen t:

Comment - the Ducks are on the verge of becoming like the Canucks - suffering from an identity crisis. One minute they're purple and turquoise, the next they're Gold and Orange, the next they're pure orange, the next they're black, silver and turquoise

Question - how are the Ducks "bringing back the Mighty Ducks logo" when they were already using that exact same logo last year on their orange sweaters?

Comment - While I agree, I don't think it's a bad thing considering how ugly their jerseys have all been since dropping the Mighty. I'd rather them keep trying to find a good look rather than stick with their current hideous black home sweaters for the next decade and on. Also, I am addicting to buying jerseys so I look forward to each new one, ugly or otherwise.

Answer - They are bringing it back because they actually did not use that orange jersey you mention even one time last year. That was two years ago so technically the logo went and is coming back.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The combination at the top of teal, silver, and black looks fantastic IMO
I'm not a huge fan of the Ducks' current or old jerseys, but these are a nice modern homage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad