Anaheim bringing back the Mighty Ducks logo for third jerseys

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Meh. They just tried combining the throwbacks and currents and resulted in too many colors going on. The current logo on the shoulders doesn't fit at all.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
EWWWW
Love the old Mighty Ducks logo but these are absolutely hideous. The bright orange sticks look awful, the shoulders look bad, the Duck foot logo on the shoulders doesn't fit at all. Way to much going on.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
How did they manage to f*** up one of the better looking jerseys. They literally just needed to put these into regular rotation, the work was already done for them. :surrender
1014-ana-faceoff.png

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
What a joke....laughing stock of the League.... these were a joke when it was taken over by Disney.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
What a joke....laughing stock of the League.... these were a joke when it was taken over by Disney.

Oh man this is a funny way of putting it considering it was pretty much the exact consensus when they were the Mighty Ducks.

Biggest thing to keep in mind is that it's a one off for the 25th anniversary. They didn't market the older looks that well for the 20th anniversary, I dont think they mass sold old jerseys even, but now they're dipping their toes in the water a bit. If these sell well, and I suspect they will, that won't go unnoticed.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Biggest thing to keep in mind is that it's a one off for the 25th anniversary.

If the jersey is a success then I wouldn't be shocked if it's more than a one off and becomes a permanent third. The Rangers heritage jerseys were for the 85th anniversary in 2010 and stuck all the way to last season before Adidas took over.

Same with the Senators black O jerseys. And the Oilers oranges now are their homes. Same with the black and yellow Penguins jerseys that were originally alternates and now replaced the Vegas gold as their main scheme.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Oh man this is a funny way of putting it considering it was pretty much the exact consensus when they were the Mighty Ducks.

Biggest thing to keep in mind is that it's a one off for the 25th anniversary. They didn't market the older looks that well for the 20th anniversary, I dont think they mass sold old jerseys even, but now they're dipping their toes in the water a bit. If these sell well, and I suspect they will, that won't go unnoticed.
I like the Ducks and I don't think it's a bad nickname. I think they can do so much with that name/logo, I always thought they should do something with mallard duck colours - green, black (just because brown probably doesn't look too great on a hockey jersey) and orange (obviously). I think the hockey mask on the duck is okay and I get they are going with the history, but, Disney made a fool out of the franchise. Imho... At least, it's just a third jersey

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I don't like the shoulders. They look knockoff. The modern logo patch looks out of place. The black is a bit much. All that said, I'm surprised and grateful because I never thought I'd see the eggplant and teal jade again. I also suspect these might look excellent on an actual hockey player in action and I suspect they'll grow on me. I'll definitely buy one regardless.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If the jersey is a success then I wouldn't be shocked if it's more than a one off and becomes a permanent third. The Rangers heritage jerseys were for the 85th anniversary in 2010 and stuck all the way to last season before Adidas took over.

Same with the Senators black O jerseys. And the Oilers oranges now are their homes. Same with the black and yellow Penguins jerseys that were originally alternates and now replaced the Vegas gold as their main scheme.

Either that or just something closer to the original. This one with seven colors is more about celebrating their 25 years, it'd make more sense to transition to something less busy(although this thing pulled off seven colors about as well as possible).

Between this one and the orange third being a moderate success, the clearest sign will be that theres a major opportunity with the Mighty Ducks logo and they cant keep ignoring it.

Reactions: JT Kreider

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
not a big fan of the jersey but that logo... I don't understand how you get away from a logo like that.
My biggest issue with the jersey is the shoulders, granted its grown on me a bit the more ive seen it... obviously the originals were basically perfect... and honestly I wish wed go back to those but im growing on these 1s.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Better than what the Ducks have been wearing as main jerseys for more than a decade now but not even close to as stylish as the original Mighty Ducks jerseys...

It's a good jersey just not an amazing one but as a life long Mighty Ducks fan i'm still going to get one just like i did with get that orange mighty duck jersey.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
So, uh, I already have one! They actually made something pretty close to identical to this as a fan jersey back in the 90s. I've been wearing one I found thrifting a few years ago to pickup regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad