Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR] Holland & Staubitz for Blacker, conditional 3rd/2nd & 7th

Oct 18, 2011
this. why the fudge didn't we try holland on the wing. ever. he has the skills to be a great player in this league.

well i hope he puts it together in toronto for this season at least, just so we can get a second. but i do think we're gonna end up losing this trade hard cause i see him as a legit top-6 player
yeah with the type of release he has on his shot i think he could be a good winger who plays off the puck with a playmaking center

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't know that Holland has the offensive anticipation without the puck to play wing. He didn't seem to have that uncanny ability to always be open like many offensive threats have.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't know that Holland has the offensive anticipation without the puck to play wing. He didn't seem to have that uncanny ability to always be open like many offensive threats have.

Yeah he seemed to have extremes tunnel vision. Still though, wish he would have been tried on the wing before we moved him.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
The assist was up there when I looked. It has been taken away. That doesn't change the fact that his line is scoring. He didn't play on the power play goal.
Wow, should we jump off the bridge now, or after the next game? :sarcasm:

Oct 18, 2011
I hope Holland does well he seems like a good kid, and plus if he does well the higher the pick could be become

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
yeah with the type of release he has on his shot i think he could be a good winger who plays off the puck with a playmaking center
I dunno. He seemed to like having the puck. I guess that can still work on wing (see Bobby or Kessel).

Toronto fans on the main board actually seem relatively restrained. I've seen worse. Maybe his stock really has fallen.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
I dunno. He seemed to like having the puck. I guess that can still work on wing (see Bobby or Kessel).

Toronto fans on the main board actually seem relatively restrained. I've seen worse. Maybe his stock really has fallen.

Holland who was your #6C? Looks like he probably has the tools to be better than our #1C.

If Holland plays well watch the fireworks on the leaf boards when Bozak comes back. Bozak's legions of histrionic followers will spend weeks on the fainting couch.

Should be good for a laugh for Ducks fans.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think the ducks mod know this but i have a man crush on the ducks because of a lot of the players and prospects in the team. Damn Gibson....and Etem. Anyways I proposed to see if holland was available since I'm pretty sure Rakell, Silfverburg and Noesen wouldnt be.....lo and behold we have holland at our side. I`m happy as I saw what he could do in the OHL with the storms, not sure what he is capable now but he looked good to me so far...I hope he keeps it up. Saw very little of it in the AHL.

As for Blacker, he is a good skilled defensemen, problem is he`s been injured quite a bit at times. Due to that he's been hampered and haven't been able to play to his full speed, not many people realize it but our then coach Dallas Eakins was saying how the media doesnt know how blacker was impressing him and knew how he could be more if it weren't little bites that were just putting him down. I hope with a change of scene and with added responsibility in his new team will give him new life. The other issue was how he was falling down our depth with our veteran prospect who took the NCAA route and were basically pros with 4 years experience playing with men, joining the AHL stole spots from him. And as many know with the game of hockey, if you can play you can stay. So don't be too upset with him or expect he doesn't have skill, he can turn it around and I recall at one point in the OHL, blacker was known as the 4th forward who would be a HUGE threat when he was on the ice, he traded himself out of the spitfires and took on his own responsibility in the new team and flourished.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
No he isn't. He will get his much needed chance on Toronto. He never would have succeeded here like he should. I hope he becomes a great player for them.

Yes he is. Do you even watch or go to the games? Holland sucks. He had so many opportunities, but he didn't do ****. Heck, Getzlaf and Koivu were both out and he didn't even dress because Bruce and Murray don't think he's any good.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Holland has the upside to be a top six player, but at this point it looks like he's either top six or nothing. He's not versatile enough to make the NHL in another role, unless he changes his game drastically.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yes he is. Do you even watch or go to the games? Holland sucks. He had so many opportunities, but he didn't do ****. Heck, Getzlaf and Koivu were both out and he didn't even dress because Bruce and Murray don't think he's any good.
You do realize that most NHL trades don't materialize overnight and that they likely have been working on this for weeks, right?

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Meh trade. Hope Holland does well. 2nd round pick!

Im stunned by the Holland hate. I mean, did Holland make some inflamatory comments I missed? The dude struggled a bit to transition, but only got limited chances.

If he scores 30 goals for toronto, it doesnt effect the Ducks.

If anything, blame the signing of Penner, or the resigning Selanne or Maroons adequate play, or Perraults good play... for keeping Holland without more chances this year.

We are going to need to acceot draft picks, maybe even a 2nd for Hiller, because we dont need roster players, we dont need salary, and no team wants to deal away sure fire prospects.

We are going to get 2nd and 3rd round picks and project AHL players in every deal unless we are doing a 2 for 1 upgrade. And if we are doing a 2 for 1, Holland + Sbisa is just goina give us a better pick or a sidegrade to Sbisa. Every major trade starts with a 1st rounder, and if a team deals it away for Holland, that hurts their trade flexibility for a project player.

And... with this pretty impressive drafting group on the Ducks, I would love to throw as many top 100 picks their way as I could.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
You do realize that most NHL trades don't materialize overnight and that they likely have been working on this for weeks, right?

Obviously. And your point? I'll answer for you. You think he didn't dress because a trade was in the works. Fat chance. He just doesn't bring anything to the table

He is 22. Just stop it.

He's not good enough to be a top 9 player, and he's certainly not a checker.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Obviously. And your point? I'll answer for you. You think he didn't dress because a trade was in the works. Fat chance. He just doesn't bring anything to the table

He's not good enough to be a top 9 player, and he's certainly not a checker.

And he's still 22. It's easy to name top 6 (or even top 3 players) who'd done just as little as Holland at the same age. Parenteau. Moulson. You sound like you're on a witch hunt and you're not providing any evidence that he can't put his skill set together with better defensive play in the next few years. You're also dead wrong with your assessment of him according to actual Ducks management - they repeatedly said he brought top end offensive skill to the table, it was his play away from the puck they were disappointed in.

Last edited:

paine

Jun 4, 2007
And he's still 22. It's easy to name top 6 (or even top 3 players) who'd done just as little as Holland at the same age. Parenteau. Moulson. You sound like you're on a witch hunt and you're not providing any evidence that he can't put his skillet together with better defensive play in the next few years. You're also dead wrong with your assessment of him according to actual Ducks management - they repeatedly said he brought top end offensive skill to the table, it was his play away from the puck they were disappointed in.

I'm not saying he sucks because of his lack of production. I'm saying he sucks because of what I've seen from him.

Murray's most recent comment was along the lines of "we were hoping Holland would be our 2nd line center, but it didn't work."

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I wish BM had targeted one of the Leafs many defensive blueliners, specifically Petter Granberg. A shutdown righty with size and #4 potential would have rounded out our prospect pool nicely. I think Granberg+4th for Holland would have been fair.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I don't think Holland is a career AHLer but projecting him as a top-6 forward based on everything we've seen of him is a stretch. I hope he flourishes in Toronto but I'm not holding my breath. A lot of people keep coming back the fact that he's 22 (for another two months) but top-6 forwards with his pedigree, size and skill-set are well on their way to being a top-6 forward by this point. It's not like he was hampered by injuries or a lack of exposure or physical maturity to overcome like so many late-bloomers.

I see a Brian Sutherby/Kyle Chipchura-type career for him. Again, I hope he succeeds and god knows he has the tools to but we didn't let some great talent go that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad