Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR] Holland & Staubitz for Blacker, conditional 3rd/2nd & 7th

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
I don't see Holland as a career AHL guy. I see him going overseas at some point though, if he doesn't flourish. He needs a lot of outside help to be successful, and that's just not handed to too many NHL players who aren't superstars. Good luck to Peter. Hope he plays 24 more in blue and white.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I watched the first game that Holland played for Toronto. I was not particularly impressed. He had some good moments and some bad moments, much like when he was up with the Ducks. Given that it was his first game with Toronto and that he hadn't practiced with the team, I guess that his first game was fine. I think that he will get about ten games with the team before Toronto gets all of its other centers back. However, unless he picks up his game I don't see him lasting 25 games with the team.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I watched the first game that Holland played for Toronto. I was not particularly impressed. He had some good moments and some bad moments, much like when he was up with the Ducks. Given that it was his first game with Toronto and that he hadn't practiced with the team, I guess that his first game was fine. I think that he will get about ten games with the team before Toronto gets all of its other centers back. However, unless he picks up his game I don't see him lasting 25 games with the team.
He's never going to get a better chance than with Kessel on his wing. Just distribute and go to the net, Pete.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
He's never going to get a better chance than with Kessel on his wing. Just distribute and go to the net, Pete.

holland has a lot better skillset than just that. he can certainly hold and make plays with the puck as well or just shoot it. hes got a good wrister

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
holland has a lot better skillset than just that. he can certainly hold and make plays with the puck as well or just shoot it. hes got a good wrister
Yeah I agree. But if you're him, a kid who hasn't popped yet and already needed a change of scenery, given a golden opportunity with a sniper on your wing...you either get the puck to the sniper or make damn sure you score if you take the shot yourself.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I think this was a very fair trade. If Holland plays 25 games with them, 2nd round pick is perfect. If he doesn't then he is only good for a 3rd anyway and clearly not worth a 2nd.

Plus getting rid of staubitz gets rid of toughness, and ducks are too tough.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I think this was a very fair trade. If Holland plays 25 games with them, 2nd round pick is perfect. If he doesn't then he is only good for a 3rd anyway and clearly not worth a 2nd.

Plus getting rid of staubitz gets rid of toughness, and ducks are too tough.
noudi-int.jpg

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Put it into perspective though..he played barely 11 minutes. Add in that it was his first game with a new team without any practices..a lot to ask anyone let alone a young player to do anything productive. Hopefully he gets a lot more ice time tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad