Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR] Holland & Staubitz for Blacker, conditional 3rd/2nd & 7th

Ducksgo*

Disappointed in what we got for Holland. He's got such great upside if he ever puts it together. Similar to sbisa.
Definite top6 upside.
On another note, ANOTHER trade with Toronto

We are best friends with them :sarcasm:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
With Smith-Pelley graduating from scapegoat to contributor and Holland in Toronto, who is our new scapegoat among the prospects? The acid test is what fills in the (blank), Sbisa, and a 1st for Ryan Suter.
Good question. None of the ones remaining are 1st round picks who are disappointing. Maybe Noesen? Palmieri if you still call him a prospect.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Leafs fans said he's a dman with the tools but no tool box, people seem to be on the fence if he could become an NHL player or not. I heard his middle name is Luca .... :sarcasm:

Top four, two-way. The likelihood to reach it is less than Holland's though. So, basically a better depth option down the road if the change of scenery does nothing for him.

Thanks

Oct 18, 2011
My only regret with Holland is we never tried him on the wing when his game seems like it'd be well suited there, he was never gonna get much of a chance here since Rakell has clearly passed him, and Steckel probably would get called him to play a bottom 6 role b4 him as well......blacker is a pretty decent prospect, perhaps depth for if we trade someone else.

clearly moving staubitz contract slot and salary were a motivating factor here, my guess is we're looking at other things 4 down the road

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Good question. None of the ones remaining are 1st round picks who are disappointing. Maybe Noesen? Palmieri if you still call him a prospect.
Palmieri shouldn't count, he's waiting for Sbisa's trade to take his spot.

Good catch on Noesen. I forgot about that. With his injury it's just heartless enough to work.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
With Smith-Pelley graduating from scapegoat to contributor and Holland in Toronto, who is our new scapegoat among the prospects? The acid test is what fills in the (blank), Sbisa, and a 1st for Ryan Suter.

Whoa, don't count Devante out of the competition just because he's had a run of good games. This could just be a setup on his part so we can really dump on him if he can't keep it up and become a 60 point top 6 guy.

mightyducx

Oct 12, 2010
Nice gig if you can get it

Holland is skating with Kessel and JVR and already has an assist!

mightyducx

Oct 12, 2010
The assist was up there when I looked. It has been taken away. That doesn't change the fact that his line is scoring. He didn't play on the power play goal.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Whoa, don't count Devante out of the competition just because he's had a run of good games. This could just be a setup on his part so we can really dump on him if he can't keep it up and become a 60 point top 6 guy.
Right, he may just end up a valuable bottom six role-player, i.e. huge bust.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
We really should hope that Holland does well. It's good news if the guys that couldn't stick with us still end up being good players.

Ducksgo*

So Holland already has a low number in TOR? I smell a 2nd round pick coming. :laugh:

Two firsts and two seconds my goodness is youthmovement going to explode especially with our latest drafts and scouts :)

Edit: All I ask for A very belated Christmas present BM is bring another SoCal to our team :(

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Two firsts and two seconds my goodness is youthmovement going to explode especially with our latest drafts and scouts :)

Edit: All I ask for A very belated Christmas present BM is bring another SoCal to our team :(

How is that tattoo coming along? Maybe we could trade Perry for Bennett?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
My only regret with Holland is we never tried him on the wing when his game seems like it'd be well suited there, he was never gonna get much of a chance here since Rakell has clearly passed him, and Steckel probably would get called him to play a bottom 6 role b4 him as well......blacker is a pretty decent prospect, perhaps depth for if we trade someone else.

clearly moving staubitz contract slot and salary were a motivating factor here, my guess is we're looking at other things 4 down the road

this. why the fudge didn't we try holland on the wing. ever. he has the skills to be a great player in this league.

well i hope he puts it together in toronto for this season at least, just so we can get a second. but i do think we're gonna end up losing this trade hard cause i see him as a legit top-6 player

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I was looking at one of Pronman's tweets where he had a list of where he ranked the Ducks prospects at the beginning of the regular season he had Holland ranked as Anaheim's #9 prospect. He had Gibson ranked 7th calling him to have the potential of becoming "an above-average goaltender".

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I was looking at one of Pronman's tweets where he had a list of where he ranked the Ducks prospects at the beginning of the regular season he had Holland ranked as Anaheim's #9 prospect. He had Gibson ranked 7th calling him to have the potential of becoming "an above-average goaltender".

Pronman hates goalie prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->