Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR] Holland & Staubitz for Blacker, conditional 3rd/2nd & 7th

DannoManno*

I guess I'm just glad we got rid of staubitz and now have one less one way contract.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
In your opinion guys, who was better, Joe Colborne or Peter Holland? Cause we gave away Colborne for a lot less and he wasn't really a bust like i'm hearing about holland :(

Holland has higher upside than Colborne but Colborne is probably better suited to bottom 6 duty. Holland is quite comparable in that he's soft for his size and has consistency problems. He does however have better offensive tools including an awesome shot, good hands and is a good skater.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
After reading the trade boards and some posts, I'm not sure if we gave up NHL #1 center Ryan Getzlaf or AHL #1 center/fringe NHL'er Peter Holland.

Also to the Leafs poster, Holland isn't a bust just yet, but he has to put it together pretty soon to be a NHL player IMO, 2nd/3rd line tweener is his ceiling I would say.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Peter Holland ‏@PeterHolland13 14m
Wow. Start by thanking the @AnaheimDucks for everything over the past couple years. Lot of firsts there and a very professional and underrated west coast team at times. Also Thanks to all the fan support. Didn't go unnoticed! That being said I am still in shock about being a @MapleLeafs and I am beyond excited to wear the blue and white! #Toronto

Classy words by Holland, and hope he does well, just wasn't to be in Anaheim

I like it. All the best to him in Toronto

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Know nothing about Blacker. What is his potential and is there a chance he can play regularly with the Ducks at some point?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
A won't be traded for a never was.

If he was traded, I would have preferred a pick. Although since I would just have expected a 2nd anyways there isn't a lot of lost value.

Skippy was right. We might as well just let Holland produce in the AHL for that return. The better AHL environment is worth more than these scraps.

Pretty much. A pretty good value return on the asset, but so what?

I guess we'll see if the pieces we got are bullets in Murray's gun to solve an NHL need.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Know nothing about Blacker. What is his potential and is there a chance he can play regularly with the Ducks at some point?

Leafs fans said he's a dman with the tools but no tool box, people seem to be on the fence if he could become an NHL player or not. I heard his middle name is Luca .... :sarcasm:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Leafs fans said he's a dman with the tools but no tool box, people seem to be on the fence if he could become an NHL player or not. I heard his middle name is Luca .... :sarcasm:

Well, that's good. Because if we trade Sbisa and Hiler walks we will be fresh out of scapegoats. Good to see Bob staying on top of all our needs. :nod:

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Well, that's good. Because if we trade Sbisa and Hiler walks we will be fresh out of scapegoats. Good to see Bob staying on top of all our needs. :nod:
:laugh:

It's nice of him to look out for our little HFBoards community along with the Ducks organization :nod:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I disagree with that. The Ducks would not have gone out to get a guy like Perreault had Holland made a convincing case in preseason that he could be a factor for us. You can't just hand everyone roster spots and see whether they'll be alright. They felt Vatanen had earned that chance over his play last year and then this preseason. They went into this season leaving another opening for Holland to grab, and they only addressed that when they felt Holland had not done enough to earn it.

Saying he didn't have fair opportunities just isn't realistic.

Holland was injured in pre-season. Ducks went out and got MP22 and he's been awesome. Unfortunate for Holland.

He didn't, as rollingdux stated, but MP22 did make the most of his opportunity to shun that window for Holland.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
This trade absolutely needed to happen. I don't know anything about this Blacker kid I feel like he was just a throw in. That draft pick is where the value is. Contrary to popular belief Holland had every opportunity to earn a permanent spot on this team. Remember he played almost half the season last year. And it wash't the acquisition of Perreault that made him redundant, it was the emergence of Rakell. Holland had to prove he could be a fourth line center before he could be a second and he never did that. I'm happy Murph pulled the trigger on this move and actually got a decent return for a former first round pick.

But maybe the best part is Murph was able to dump Staubitz too. Now he can waive Fistric and get Sami back on. I'm he's not crazy about dumping another one-way player in the minors but it's better than having two. I honestly thought he'd never be able to move Staubitz. Excellent work.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
In your opinion guys, who was better, Joe Colborne or Peter Holland? Cause we gave away Colborne for a lot less and he wasn't really a bust like i'm hearing about holland :(

Colborne has more sandpaper, Holland more skill.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Top four, two-way. The likelihood to reach it is less than Holland's though. So, basically a better depth option down the road if the change of scenery does nothing for him.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Jesse Blacker has struggled to develop the last two years but he has very good tools.

He could still turn into a #4/5 defenceman.

Has a lot of tools but his smarts are questionable.

Heard a guy compare his style to a poor man's modern-day Dion Phaneuf. Not the one from Calgary.

Sounds about right.

Two years ago I had him as one of our top 8 prospects. He's fallen out of my top 20.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
You guys got a good player. If you can develop him, you'll be happy.

I just think Blacker needed a change of scenery.

He's very close friends with Tyler Seguin.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
We've got a couple blacks in our team, but Jesse is Blacker. :sarcasm:

I don't see why being friends with anyone matters because that's rarely an actual, but sure, why not.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Look to Palmieri. You can already see the usual suspects circling there.

we also still have winnik.

murph is keeping us well armed on the scapegoat front.

also, with hiller gone, fasthe will be a target because he will be keeping gibson or anderson in the ahl...

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Good point. But Winnik is going to have to work a little harder and prove he can earn the scapegoat position on the team. Nobody just gets handed a job. They have to earn it. Sounds like he and Palmieri may have a tough battle.
With Smith-Pelley graduating from scapegoat to contributor and Holland in Toronto, who is our new scapegoat among the prospects? The acid test is what fills in the (blank), Sbisa, and a 1st for Ryan Suter.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Disappointed in what we got for Holland. He's got such great upside if he ever puts it together. Similar to sbisa.
Definite top6 upside.
On another note, ANOTHER trade with Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->