Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB] Alexander Volkov for Antoine Morand and a conditional 2023 7th round pick

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think it's dumb that he has to "quarantine" just for being traded. He's obviously hasn't tested positive, got tested everyday being with Tampa

Is it because he takes a commercial flight to California? They could send Samueli’s plane to pick him up?

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Much I've read in this thread and on the main board makes me think that if he can play, Volkov is a potential replacement for Rowney going forward. The swiss army knife comments seems to match the role Rowney has played.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I usually negative Nellie, but for some odd reason I feel like this is going to work out ok for us.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
why the f*** is Bob wasting time on trades like this given the state of the roster? Is this another one of his "hockey deals"?

In the Athletic Bob is quoted that it is very quiet. Due to Covid and the financial situation GMs are passive. So what do you expect.

And btw, even if it is a minor trade, we go a player, that IS actually an NHL player.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'll tamper my expectations a bit - even though Volkov is actually an NHL'r over Morand (who I felt had limited potential like Max Friberg - smallish forwards).

Reminds of when we traded for Artyukhin back in the day. I was hoping he would've worked out for us more than he did.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'll tamper my expectations a bit - even though Volkov is actually an NHL'r over Morand (who I felt had limited potential like Max Friberg - smallish forwards).

Reminds of when we traded for Artyukhin back in the day. I was hoping he would've worked out for us more than he did.
Let's face it – with Tampa track record, I think Morand has a better chance of succeeding in there than with Anaheim.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
why the f*** is Bob wasting time on trades like this given the state of the roster?
Come on, shit on Murray all you want for real reasons, but not made up stuff like „wasting time on minor trades“. No team is making trades right now. He isn’t putting teams on hold that are desperately looking to put in big offers for Rakell because he’s busy on the Volkov/Morand-swap. It’s either doing that or doing nothing while simply waiting for the market to get moving. The only way to force something right now is to sell low, and that isn’t preferable.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Bob is in Damage control and hope for the best mode.. I Honestly think he is in the hot seat...

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Let's face it – with Tampa track record, I think Morand has a better chance of succeeding in there than with Anaheim.
Doesn't matter what team he goes to, Morand doesn't have the ability to be an NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad