Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TB] Alexander Volkov for Antoine Morand and a conditional 2023 7th round pick

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I see this as just speeding up our re-tool. Morand was possibly going to be a bottom 6 NHL forward and we traded him for someone that is already a bottom 6 NHL forward.

Also, Murray does have a decent history of hitting on "nothing" trades that most didn't like at the time. Grant, Rowney and Deslauriers are recent examples that look just like this trade.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I see this as just speeding up our re-tool. Morand was possibly going to be a bottom 6 NHL forward and we traded him for someone that is already a bottom 6 NHL forward.

Also, Murray does have a decent history of hitting on "nothing" trades that most didn't like at the time. Grant, Rowney and Deslauriers are recent examples that look just like this trade.

Found Murray's burner account.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-3-26_16-40-26.png

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Only problem with that theory is Volkov may be heading home to the KHL after this season.
They should hire Bryzgalov to be the Ducks player ambassador for Russian players or something.
There is actually a surprising amount of Russians in southern Orange County and being in range of LA where is big russian community would also help.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
They should hire Bryzgalov to be the Ducks player ambassador for Russian players or something.
There is actually a surprising amount of Russians in southern Orange County and being in range of LA where is big russian community would also help.
I would say there is a very small amount in South Orange County and definitely not the sporting fan type that Russian players would like to live around

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not saying I prefer Heinen to Ritchie, but believe it or not, both of them have exactly 1 point over the last month.
Ritchie has a lot of points on power play.... I still take that trade. Ritchie would have very little points on Anaheim

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not saying I prefer Heinen to Ritchie, but believe it or not, both of them have exactly 1 point over the last month.

You spoke too soon. He just tripled that output.

Right when my opponent just picked him up in the fantasy hockey league I’m in I might add. FFS.

Reactions: duxfan1101

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

2 goals in todays game against Sharks so he now has 3 goals 0 assists 3 points in 6 games with the Ducks.

What are your thoughts on him?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He definitely has some ability. He is an NHL calibre player IMO, we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes, but I've overall liked what i've seen.

Reactions: Masch78

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

2 goals in todays game against Sharks so he now has 3 goals 0 assists 3 points in 6 games with the Ducks.

What are your thoughts on him?

His compete level comes and goes and he doesn't look like he really knows what's going on in the DZone, but he does get to the dirty areas to score goals and he's got some skill in tight, which the team needs. See how the rest of the year and the offseason finishes out, but I think he's earned an extended cameo as one of the 12 forwards to open next season if it ended today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad