Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] Justin Kloos for Pontus Aberg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wasn't Aberg actually doing pretty well for Anaheim?
Why move him?
His play slipped and he had been pointless over his last 10 games or so. He might have had some issues behind the scenes as well, Bob is somewhat changing things in the locker room.

It's a weird deal that we will probably never really know.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Top 3 goal scorers for Anaheim who are near dead last in goal scoring

Jakob Silfverberg 13
Pontus Aberg 11
Ondrej Kase 11

Jakob Silfverberg was placed on IR today.

JhYT.gif

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I dont get why Aberg is being sent around as much. He isnt great but when you look at all the 4th liners in the NHL who are awful it makes no sense why a team cant keep him around. He can play up and down the lineup, be a complimentary winger to a skilled C-W duo who needs a cheap body playing with them etc.

As a NYR fan who is tired of McLeod skating every game i have no clue why Aberg couldnt fill that spot instead... He can at least produce some chances and McLeod gets outplayed every night and does nothing offensively.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Yeah let's trade one of our leading scorers for a 25 year old who has played 1 NHL game. Great move, Bob.

I wonder if Aberg is just not a player coaches like or his work ethic is questionable.

Predators, team that's always looking for scoring help, lets him go for a 4th round pick.

Edmonton that desperately needs wingers don't hold on to him for even a calendar year, he oversleeps and misses practice.

Gets a wakeup call in Anaheim and despite being fairly productive is traded for a guy who likely doesn't make it in the NHL.

Sometimes writing is on the wall i guess.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Paul Fenton’s first swindle job. Anaheim was going to send him down to the minors. I’m not sure why he has been placed in the doghouse by Anaheim. He’s outproducing Zucker, Nino and Coyle so I’ll take it.

It's because his performance earlier this season was fluke. He sucked massively everywhere else he has been and I'm guessing hes starting to show that suckage at Anaheim.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's because his performance earlier this season was fluke. He sucked massively everywhere else he has been and I'm guessing hes starting to show that suckage at Anaheim.

He's shown since before he was drafted that he had offensive skills.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not really. He had 8 points in Edmonton’s final 16 games last year. There’s obviously something about the Aberg guy, just can’t put my finger on it yet. I don’t think it has to do with production.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if Aberg is just not a player coaches like or his work ethic is questionable.

Predators, team that's always looking for scoring help, lets him go for a 4th round pick.

Edmonton that desperately needs wingers don't hold on to him for even a calendar year, he oversleeps and misses practice.

Gets a wakeup call in Anaheim and despite being fairly productive is traded for a guy who likely doesn't make it in the NHL.

>Finn
>Player in question being Swedish

images

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

I kinda get that feeling. Skill means nothing if you can't learn and fit in for systems play.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
His play slipped and he had been pointless over his last 10 games or so. He might have had some issues behind the scenes as well, Bob is somewhat changing things in the locker room.

It's a weird deal that we will probably never really know.
Ah didn't know he'd slipped again

Thanks!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Fenton drafted him, right? So familiarity factor and really low risk from MIN perspective and a potential goad for our underperforming wings.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Social differences is the driving force behind this move for Anaheim. Without a doubt. Aberg is a partier, and a chronic rocket hunter and while I don't think it's a bad thing a player can do whatever they want, management is probably trying to not poison some of its younger, more impressionable up and coming players like say Terry or Jones who they brought up.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
25 year old NHL player with 19 points ( 11 goals ) in 37 games this year for a 25 year old AHL player that has played 1 NHL game.

What is this ?
No waiver player and we probably have Eaves and Perry back soon.
Of course, Eaves will last 8-9 shifts before something happens.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Anaheim, the 30th ranked goal scoring team in the league, just traded away their second best goal scorer. A day after their leading goal scorer left a game with an injury.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like Aberg has the same problem Pirri does: no matter how much he produces in small bunches, GMs and coaches won't look past the issues in his game. He has such flaws in his game that even if he's producing, he'll still have minimal value and will be a journeyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad