Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] Justin Kloos for Pontus Aberg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
yes
the ducks got 11 goals and a low level prospect out of Aberg

if the oilers got less than this, it is the only conclusion that, at the very least, the Ducks are better at managing assets than the Oilers

i'm sure if this would be a question on a school test, the only answer would be yes Edmonton is terrible at asset management

Love how you guys over look the stats of the player we kept over this player. Oh look. His stats are better. Heaven forbid you guys actually have a clue about what you guys are talking about. Think about you are actually bashing the oilers for a guy that was a healthy scratch in a team in a 12 game losing streak.

Here is the we kept over the healthy scratch on a worse team

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/32978/alex-chiasson

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Love how you guys over look the stats of the player we kept over this player. Oh look. His stats are better. Heaven forbid you guys actually have a clue about what you guys are talking about. Think about you are actually bashing the oilers for a guy that was a healthy scratch in a team in a 12 game losing streak.

Here is the we kept over the healthy scratch on a worse team

Alex Chiasson at eliteprospects.com

hey judging by the history, i'm pretty sure that some of us know more of what we're talking about than Edmonton's scouts

jussss sayinnn

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Can Minnesota fans please tell me about Kloos, and if I shouldn't hate this trade as much as I do?
Has been having a really good year on the AHL club. Skilled point scorer, but size and quickness has limited his chances on the big club. A lot of us were hoping to see him get a chance with the Wild, given our offensive ineptitude, but he is probably a NHL/AHL tweener at best.
Who knows, he might be a late bloomer.

So, is this Aberg guy a drunk?

Don't think he'll go far with MN if he doesn't play a smart, two way game, but I should keep an open mind. If he turns out like Spurgeon or Dubnyk, both of whom we got for nothing or next to nothing, then he can party all he wants.

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
so anaheim gave him up for nothing

i mean they got him for nothing, but he was working for them so why give up like that for a guy who doesnt look to be an nhler ever. at least make it a 6th rounder or something and hope for the best

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Has been having a really good year on the AHL club. Skilled point scorer, but size and quickness has limited his chances on the big club. A lot of us were hoping to see him get a chance with the Wild, given our offensive ineptitude, but he is probably a NHL/AHL tweener at best.
Who knows, he might be a late bloomer.

So, is this Aberg guy a drunk?

Don't think he'll go far with MN if he doesn't play a smart, two way game, but I should keep an open mind. If he turns out like Spurgeon or Dubnyk, both of whom we got for nothing or next to nothing, then he can party all he wants.

Unless Eberg is playing top three and not asked to play in his own zone or check anyone. Wild fans will love him

Last edited:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
so anaheim gave him up for nothing

i mean they got him for nothing, but he was working for them so why give up like that for a guy who doesnt look to be an nhler ever. at least make it a 6th rounder or something and hope for the best
He really wasn't at the end of his time here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild have a pretty mature team, so maybe they figure that chilling out in the twin cities with a bunch stoic dudes like Suter, Staal, Koivu, and Brodin will calm him down. If he starts taking Greenway out for drinks at 3pm, though, there will be a come to jesus meeting, pronto.

This does seem to be a pretty risk free trade by the Wild, though.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kloos - 25-year-old career AHLer. Essentially 0 value. Åberg has been a 0.5 PPG NHLer this season who during Ducks' terrible stretch with awful shot differential was just about the only player putting in the effort and producing. Contracts are minimal.

Clear win for Minnesota IMO.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
yes
the ducks got 11 goals and a low level prospect out of Aberg

if the oilers got less than this, it is the only conclusion that, at the very least, the Ducks are better at managing assets than the Oilers

i'm sure if this would be a question on a school test, the only answer would be yes Edmonton is terrible at asset management
In what world is a 25 year old with 1 game a prospect? And maybe read the rest of the thread as I said countless times it was a joke. Plus I’d rather have an open contract spot for any potential waiver wire pickup than what Anaheim got

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Not sure why this thread has devolved into another Oilers thread. I think we have enough on the trade boards. Oilers let him go, Anaheim picked him up and that's the end of the tale.

This trade is between Anaheim and Minnesota.

Reactions: 57special

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Weren't character issues part of the reason Aberg has been bounced around?
This.

There has to be a serious attitude issue with this guy. He was in the press box for the Oilers for being late to a team meeting early in his tenure here and traded by the Ducks for scraps...

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
This.

There has to be a serious attitude issue with this guy. He was in the press box for the Oilers for being late to a team meeting early in his tenure here and traded by the Ducks for scraps...
I don't know if it was in Nash or Edm but I heard he missed practices and blew off coaches.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Not really. They had Aberg. They downgraded from that asset. If I find a ten dollar bill then trade it for a $5 bill it doesn't mean I made $5. It means I lost $5.
Oilers lost the $10 bill first.
Maybe the Wild should give it back to them and receive a reward...called Puljujärvi.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
Hate losing Kloos as a Minnesota fan. Guys been great in the AHL and deserves a shot I the big league. Something like 24 pts in his last 17 games I believe? Our ahl team has been the only positive. May as well dismantle that for more of what we have. Middle 6 forwards.
No, the Wild don’t have right handed shot.... with speed... with a scoring touch. They have guys playing on their off wing and a PP w all lefties. This is a good, no risk, no cost move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad