Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] Justin Kloos for Pontus Aberg

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Kind of the same reason why Edmonton trading Caggiula was dumb. Aberg may be disposable depth in a vacuum, but he was one of the better scorers on an offensively starved team so why make matters worse?

Dumb deal.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I wonder if Aberg is just not a player coaches like or his work ethic is questionable.

Predators, team that's always looking for scoring help, lets him go for a 4th round pick.

Edmonton that desperately needs wingers don't hold on to him for even a calendar year, he oversleeps and misses practice.

Gets a wakeup call in Anaheim and despite being fairly productive is traded for a guy who likely doesn't make it in the NHL.

Sometimes writing is on the wall i guess.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oooo so it's a "fit" thing. He'll fit right in with the rest of the sandbaggers on the Wild. :)

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Probably seen as redundant with Sprong getting his minutes and Kase returning. His game is similar to those guys.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Hate losing Kloos as a Minnesota fan. Guys been great in the AHL and deserves a shot I the big league. Something like 24 pts in his last 17 games I believe? Our ahl team has been the only positive. May as well dismantle that for more of what we have. Middle 6 forwards.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hate losing Kloos as a Minnesota fan. Guys been great in the AHL and deserves a shot I the big league. Something like 24 pts in his last 17 games I believe? Our ahl team has been the only positive. May as well dismantle that for more of what we have. Middle 6 forwards.

I agree that he probably deserved a shot but are you really complaining about our AHL team being worse if it means our NHL team might be better?

P10p

May 15, 2012
I agree that he probably deserved a shot but are you really complaining about our AHL team being worse if it means our NHL team might be better?

I just believe Kloos could do what Aberg will for us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I would rather take that gamble.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
is he really second on the ducks in goals? lazy or not...that just seems like a weird thing to trade for an AHL defenseman. gotta be something weird with him.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

i get things are not going great but we're still in a playoff spot as of now. I still can't figure out how but here we sit.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Wasn’t Edmonton stupid and terrible at asset management for letting him go?

yes
the ducks got 11 goals and a low level prospect out of Aberg

if the oilers got less than this, it is the only conclusion that, at the very least, the Ducks are better at managing assets than the Oilers

i'm sure if this would be a question on a school test, the only answer would be yes Edmonton is terrible at asset management

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad