Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] Justin Kloos for Pontus Aberg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
But I'm sure ANA management could've seen where things were going with Aberg before he was sat. Why not pull the trigger sooner? It's not strange, it's logic.
How is that logical? He was productive and competitive until he wasn't. You're saying they should have cut bait on their leading goal scorer the moment his play slipped? Then people like you would be on here saying, "wow, can't believe they traded him he only had two bad games, how dumb".

Unfortunately there is a reason this guy keeps getting passed around, which is a shame because he has what it takes to stick. At least we got something for no investment.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
TWEEK!

I'm fine with this. not shocked or over the moon or depressed or slightly pensive. Setting up another trade maybe.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
How is that logical? He was productive and competitive until he wasn't. You're saying they should have cut bait on their leading goal scorer the moment his play slipped? Then people like you would be on here saying, "wow, can't believe they traded him he only had two bad games, how dumb".

Unfortunately there is a reason this guy keeps getting passed around, which is a shame because he has what it takes to stick. At least we got something for no investment.

Well, they basically ended up trading their leading scorer as soon as his play slipped, as you say. If the coaching staff and management were on top of things, you think they would've seen where his play was heading before he ultimately had to be sat out. Perhaps trade him before it comes to that, where his trade value is demolished?

You don't know what I would've said had he been traded earlier, so it's hardly fair to put words in my mouth and call it an argument. That's completely illogical and unfair.

I said earlier in the thread that at least they got something for him, so we agree on that. They probably could've got more if they were more prudent, though.

Reactions: TML1990

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well, they basically ended up trading their leading scorer as soon as his play slipped, as you say. If the coaching staff and management were on top of things, you think they would've seen where his play was heading before he ultimately had to be sat out. Perhaps trade him before it comes to that, where his trade value is demolished?
I think by on top of things you mean predict the future, because that is beyond absurd to expect.

If aberg had kept playing like he had the first 20 games he wouldnt be traded. He played well enough in those 20 games that management wouldn't just dump him the nanosecond he had a poor game. Unfortunately it obviously became a situation where they didn't think he was willing to change his ways, or else he would still be in Anaheim.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think by on top of things you mean predict the future, because that is beyond absurd to expect.

If aberg had kept playing like he had the first 20 games he wouldnt be traded. He played well enough in those 20 games that management wouldn't just dump him the nanosecond he had a poor game. Unfortunately it obviously became a situation where they didn't think he was willing to change his ways, or else he would still be in Anaheim.

It's not so much predicting the future as it is properly getting a read on the player, his habits, style of play, etc. and using logic to determine where things are likely to go with how'll play in the future. It's not just a random guess, it's an educated one. I think all teams do this for all players. It's how they determine when to sell high or low, or even when to sell at all. Seems they thought he could keep up his strong play from earlier in the year and were wrong.

Anyway, as outsiders, it's tough to know exactly went into this decision making. At least they got something, granted.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's not so much predicting the future as it is properly getting a read on the player, his habits, style of play, etc. and using logic to determine where things are likely to go with how'll play in the future. I think all teams do this for all players. It's how they determine when to sell high or low, or even when to sell at all. Seems they thought he could keep up his strong play from earlier in the year and were wrong.

Anyway, as outsiders, it's tough to know exactly went into this decision making. At least they got something, granted.
In this hypothetical though other teams aren't also doing the same thing. You don't think another GM is going to be suspicious as hell if Bob Murray is peddling his leading goal scorer for a team that needs goals? They aren't stupid.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well ,when you're searching for Kloos, you know you won't find any!

Sorry, that was horrible.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
In this hypothetical though other teams aren't also doing the same thing. You don't think another GM is going to be suspicious as hell if Bob Murray is peddling his leading goal scorer for a team that needs goals? They aren't stupid.

Well there are dumb GMs out there, like Chia. Anyway, whatever man. Maybe Kloos turns out to be something useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad