Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MIN] Justin Kloos for Pontus Aberg

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I remember Kloos having a 6 point game where he looked crazy dangerous the entire game against Stockton. Other than that, eh.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I mean, they got nothing. Weird timing for a flex.

At the same time, the Ducks probably should've traded Aberg a bit earlier, before they decided to sit him out for the past 5 games or so. That's not a good look on the player who actually has pretty decent stats. Probably could've gotten more in an earlier trade. Possibly not, but that's my hot take and I'm stickin' to it, darn it!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At the same time, the Ducks probably should've traded Aberg a bit earlier, before they decided to sit him out for the past 5 games or so. That's not a good look on the player who actually has pretty decent stats. Probably could've gotten more in an earlier trade. Possibly not, but that's my hot take and I'm stickin' to it, darn it!

Why has he been sat?

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Aberg wasnt cutting it on the defensive side, doesnt really compete physically and wasnt going into the corners. Coach didnt trust him, especially with top line minutes. Not sure about Kloos but I'm sure the Ducks just wanted Aberg off the roster.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If he continued being productive and playing the way they wanted him to they wouldn't have traded him at all. Also a strange comment.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yes Bob, let’s trade a player on pace for 38 points in 74 games for an AHLer

Honestly I don’t care if Aberg parties or whatever because at least he can produce at the NHL level
He's got 30 points in 34 games...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If he continued being productive and playing the way they wanted him to they wouldn't have traded him at all. Also a strange comment.

But I'm sure ANA management could've seen where things were going with Aberg before he was sat. Why not pull the trigger sooner? It's not strange, it's logic. Maybe a trade wasn't there; that's possible.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Trading one of your most productive players for nothing is a move that Tim Murray and Don Maloney would be proud of.

Reactions: Fragmuffin

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Why has he been sat?

You'd have to ask a Ducks fan willing to be honest, or Ducks coaching staff. I'm really not sure. But from his time with the Oilers, he can be a very lazy player at times, so my guess is that it has something to do with that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm really confused by this. Aberg has 11 goals and 19 points in 37 games.

This has tank move written all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad