Confirmed with Link: [ANA/EDM] Adam Henrique (75% retained), Sam Carrick (50% retained), 2024 7th for 2024 1st round pick and 2025 cond. 5th - TB also retaining

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So you are upset over just a roster player or a low end prospect? Seems minimal to be this vocal about. Oilers are gearing up for a run, they weren’t going to send back any player that can replace Henrique, and we have enough of our own low end prospects.
Am i not allowed to not care for the return?

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So a “low end prospect” or a roster player would have made this a win in your book?
It would have made the trade more even to me.
It's either that or we get nothing. It's not like Henrique as a rental is a good enough asset to get a blue chipper anyway.
Never suggested a blue chip prospect nor have I suggested just letting him go for nothing.
Objecting to retention on Henrique is not reasonable. With his contract, any trade was going to be at 50% retention to the ducks. Full stop.
yeah im aware he was going to be retained, never suggested otherwise. Just thought he should have returned more.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Am i not allowed to not care for the return?
You are. You were the original one coming in and criticizing others for being happy with the return though no? And your justification of that was us not receiving a low end prospect. If you want to be mad, by all means, but don’t ruin your day over a low end prospect.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
You are. You were the original one coming in and criticizing others for being happy with the return though no? And your justification of that was us not receiving a low end prospect. If you want to be mad, by all means, but don’t ruin your day over a low end prospect.
All I originally said was i wasn’t happy with the return. Others came at me for not loving it.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The ducks are 3rd to last in the league. There’s no good argument to keeping either of Carrick or Henrique. Vatrano I can understand the argument for keeping around because you can always move him next year if we’re bad again
if?

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
So you are upset over just a roster player or a low end prospect? Seems minimal to be this vocal about. Oilers are gearing up for a run, they weren’t going to send back any player that can replace Henrique, and we have enough of our own low end prospects.
Agree 100%. We have more than enough low end prospects and bottom six players in our organization. Edmonton was looking to add, not subtract a productive roster player. Unless EDM had a skilled prospect that needed a change of scenery or was injured and not playing, I think PV did fine with the return. At least a 5th round pick might become some draft capital over the summer.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I'll be rooting for the Oilers now. I think McDavid deserves a cup, he's earned it. Add Perry, Henrique and Carrick to that and it's a no brainer for me to hope they win.

I guess Edm has suffered enough. Sort of a win/win. Ex-Ducks get a cup or Edm keeps suffering. Besides, there's still Toronto's suffering to keep me satisfied.

There's no other team and fanbase, except for the Kings, that I despise more.

They haven't suffered. They were gifted four 1OA draft picks and have been insufferable since they drafted McDavid. That organization and their fans can kick rocks.

I'll be happy for Rico if he wins the cup, but I won't be rooting for the OIlers.

Last edited:

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
It hasn't happened since Johnson was claimed but definitely the softer the team gets more likely.
Saying there hasn't been a Terry incident since Johnston was claimed kind of overlooks that there also hasn't been a Terry incident since the Terry incident, including all last season where we had no Johnston and only played Carrick in 52 games.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Yep, and maybe using all 3 retentions slots says that maybe PV wasn’t interested in moving Vatrano

The ducks were very unlikely to retain on Vatrano given the extra year on his deal and how reasonable his contract is. No reason they'd have to. But as others have pointed out, it does strongly suggest Gibson is staying.

Saying there hasn't been a Terry incident since Johnston was claimed kind of overlooks that there also hasn't been a Terry incident since the Terry incident, including all last season where we had no Johnston and only played Carrick in 52 games.

It is weird to me so many people insist Johnston doesn't offer protection to other players. Johnston doesn't bring much else. Cronin plays him so it sure seems he disagrees. But I'm sure you know better.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The ducks were very unlikely to retain on Vatrano given the extra year on his deal and how reasonable his contract is. No reason they'd have to. But as others have pointed out, it does strongly suggest Gibson is staying.

It is weird to me so many people insist Johnston doesn't offer protection to other players. Johnston doesn't bring much else. Cronin plays him so it sure seems he disagrees. But I'm sure you know better.

Kills any chance of Silf being dealt as well.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't think Silf was getting any more than a 5th, maybe a 4th at best, even with 50% retention. I'm happy to let him finish out his contract (and maybe his NHL career) in Anaheim.

I don't disagree, just saying it's for certain not happening now that we have no retention slots.

Would have been a decent depth pickup for someone, but not at his cap hit.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I think a lot of people complaining about Carrick forget the human aspect of the trade. PV is giving Carrick an opportunity to play in the playoffs. If PV has decided that the retention spot won't be used in another way, then who cares. What an opportunity for Carrick to be on a big stage for his next contract and playing on the playoffs. The Ducks can always try to re-sign him in the summer if needed. If not, the Ducks do have other options.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00