Confirmed with Link: [ANA/EDM] Adam Henrique (75% retained), Sam Carrick (50% retained), 2024 7th for 2024 1st round pick and 2025 cond. 5th - TB also retaining

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Just catching up on the other trades. Every other forward at 50% retained got a 2nd and a 4th. Seems Carrick might have been the sweetener for the 1st. Not sure what anyone is complaining about.
Definition of irony? some oiler fans are pissed at giving up the pick. This is a win win situation for both team. Why duck fans may not like the trade is because the pick could be in the 20's or as late as 28. This year is not a deep draft and they might realize that

Reactions: Yemeth

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I'll be rooting for the Oilers now. I think McDavid deserves a cup, he's earned it. Add Perry, Henrique and Carrick to that and it's a no brainer for me to hope they win.

I guess Edm has suffered enough. Sort of a win/win. Ex-Ducks get a cup or Edm keeps suffering. Besides, there's still Toronto's suffering to keep me satisfied.

I'll be rooting for either: (i) Edm to lose in first round of playoffs thereby improving draft pick and maximizing EDM pain; or (ii) Edmonton to win SC for Henrique and Carrick (and Perry).

A low 1st and a 5th is underwhelming. Also the last bit of toughness left is a aging beat up Gudas and Johnston

Carrick is a physical player, but he's been deferring to Johnston and generally less truculent this year. And its tough icing both of them given the drag on offense. I think this means no more scratches for Johnston, so not a huge loss in the toughness department. I also think the ducks might add again before the deadline.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Slightly worse return than I would have expected, especially with retention. No retention and no 7th involved, it seems right.

1st = Henrique
5th = Carrick

I guess I expected another player or higher pick coming back since we retained so much.

Overall not bad though.

Thanks Rico! ... and Sam

Reactions: dracom

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I’ll reserve judgement on this trade till after the draft. We have 8 picks in the first 3 rounds right now. Im not convinced we keep them all and I suspect we’ll end up dealing this 1st rounder.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm happy with this and happy for Henrique and Carrick. I'm one of the few here that doesn't have a problem with Edmonton. I'd love to see McDavid and Draisaitl at least get a chance to play for the Cup, and now I get to root for Henrique and Carrick along the way. Win-win.

If Edmonton decides to crap the bed and give us a better pick, though, I'm good with that, too. But I have no desire to see the Kings or Vegas going anywhere in the playoffs.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Definition of irony? some oiler fans are pissed at giving up the pick. This is a win win situation for both team. Why duck fans may not like the trade is because the pick could be in the 20's or as late as 28. This year is not a deep draft and they might realize that
according to posters here, anything after the 15th pick are duds. Yet, the same posters said there are Defensemen available late in the round that we could get after the drysdale trade. So what is it that you guys want?

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
according to posters here, anything after the 15th pick are duds. Yet, the same posters said there are Defensemen available late in the round that we could get after the drysdale trade. So what is it that you guys want?
for me it is a win win trade. The wild card Carrick. I like him. He brings a toughness that we lack in the line up. I have not seen him in awhile. He is also good on the dot.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It was a good trade. Getting a 1st for Henrique is good and while I like Carrick, he’s a 4th line grinder. Good for a playoff run, but not going to make or break getting a cup.

We don’t even know if PV was even going to tend for Carrick. If he didn’t we would get nothing and maybe he comes back in the Summer. If he doesn’t we still get nothing. It also opens another roster spot.

Worst part is we are stuck with Gibson’s bad attitude for the foreseeable future if we have used our retention.

John

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

this is the worst recap of Ducks' drafting history. We're not great at drafting forwards beyond the top-10, but we're damned amazing when drafting defensemen and goalies.

monters-inc-mike-wazowski.gif

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Great deal! Getting a first is what matters. All of the other pieces are worth almost nothing. Carrick is a 4th liner/AHL player and a 7th is an absolute crap shoot of a pick. Getting a 5th back is fine but also a very longshot to be an NHL player.

1st round pick and get to cheer for an Oilers swift loss this year is great news!

I hope we bring back Henrique he is a great player when he is motivated.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The ducks are 3rd to last in the league. There’s no good argument to keeping either of Carrick or Henrique. Vatrano I can understand the argument for keeping around because you can always move him next year if we’re bad again

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The ducks are 3rd to last in the league. There’s no good argument to keeping either of Carrick or Henrique. Vatrano I can understand the argument for keeping around because you can always move him next year if we’re bad again
Yep, and maybe using all 3 retentions slots says that maybe PV wasn’t interested in moving Vatrano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad