Confirmed with Link: [ANA/EDM] Adam Henrique (75% retained), Sam Carrick (50% retained), 2024 7th for 2024 1st round pick and 2025 cond. 5th - TB also retaining

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Mantha is .6 ppg this year, Henrique .7 ppg, Rico was also waived in 2021. Not exactly a world beater. So yea, I’d say they are very similar.
Henrique is a center who wins 52.6% of his draws and plays on the PK, Mantha does neither of those things.

Mantha, a career 12.6% shooter, is also shooting at a 22.2% clip this season. Henrique at 16.2% is in line with his career 15.4%.

Henrique is significantly more valuable, and likelier to maintain his play at a new team.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Why?

I’m confused when people want to keep ‘running it back’ with more or less the same group of guys who have had little success over these past few years

Thanks to Henrique for all that he’s done, now he can actually play for a successful team
Because we need NHL guys who don’t go on IR from getting breathed on. Plus it’s not like the oilers are going to give him a contract. He’s a pure rental.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why?

I’m confused when people want to keep ‘running it back’ with more or less the same group of guys who have had little success over these past few years

Thanks to Henrique for all that he’s done, now he can actually play for a successful team
Have you looked at the faceoff percentages for the remaining centers? Or the +/- on the team?

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
It is weird to me so many people insist Johnston doesn't offer protection to other players. Johnston doesn't bring much else. Cronin plays him so it sure seems he disagrees. But I'm sure you know better.
Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to put an "I'm in favor of toughness, but..." disclaimer when objecting to a blatant misrepresentation. Do you object to anything I actually said, or just the argument you assumed I was making?
Big difference between "evidence says a face-puncher isn't the sole thing standing between this team and another Beagling" and "Johnston provides nothing of value."

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Saying there hasn't been a Terry incident since Johnston was claimed kind of overlooks that there also hasn't been a Terry incident since the Terry incident, including all last season where we had no Johnston and only played Carrick in 52 games.
Last year the team was abused what seems like nightly. Maybe not to the extent of the Terry incident but bullied. Did you not watch or is this just some type of anti enforcer post?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think a lot of people complaining about Carrick forget the human aspect of the trade. PV is giving Carrick an opportunity to play in the playoffs. If PV has decided that the retention spot won't be used in another way, then who cares. What an opportunity for Carrick to be on a big stage for his next contract and playing on the playoffs. The Ducks can always try to re-sign him in the summer if needed. If not, the Ducks do have other options.
It's also playoff experience PV could potentially bring back in the summer

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I’ll reserve judgement on this trade till after the draft. We have 8 picks in the first 3 rounds right now. Im not convinced we keep them all and I suspect we’ll end up dealing this 1st rounder.
I really hope we use them as trade chips. Except our first selection I don’t think we can expect anyone to contribute for several years. I hope we make a shift and move from acquiring futures to getting nhl ready players.

We need something special on the defense. A 2 way defensive anchor that can play against other top lines.

if you look back at what we got for the lindholm trade and his extension, can anyone reasonably argue that’s still one of the stupidest moves in ducks history?

Firequacker

Jun 3, 2022
Last year the team was abused what seems like nightly. Maybe not to the extent of the Terry incident but bullied. Did you not watch or is this just some type of anti enforcer post?
Nah, I'm not anti enforcer. I don't think Johnston is a particularly good one, but he's better than nothing. My point was exactly what I said, the notion that Johnston is the only thing standing between this team and more Terry incidents (something that was on another level entirely than just being bullied), despite evidence to the contrary, is ridiculous. Doesn't mean he's not useful.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to put an "I'm in favor of toughness, but..." disclaimer when objecting to a blatant misrepresentation. Do you object to anything I actually said, or just the argument you assumed I was making?
Big difference between "evidence says a face-puncher isn't the sole thing standing between this team and another Beagling" and "Johnston provides nothing of value."

What was the point of saying there hasn't "been a Terry incident since the Terry incident"?

Either your original comment was making a larger point about Johnston or you're just nit picking by pointing to an irrelevancy. If you weren't making an argument against Johnston's impact/value, then your original post is just blather.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I hope we bring back carrick hard worker great leader and dropped the mitts when he needed to… perfect fourth line center

Firequacker

Jun 3, 2022
What was the point of saying there hasn't "been a Terry incident since the Terry incident"?

Either your original comment was making a larger point about Johnston or you're just nit picking by pointing to an irrelevancy. If you weren't making an argument against Johnston's impact/value, then your original post is just blather.
I mean in retrospect you're not wrong, I was nitpicking an irrelevancy, since the entire post I was replying to was an irrelevancy and I ought not to have bothered. But eh. I should've known it would be taken as "tough guys bad" if I didn't spell it out better.

The point was that it's tiresome seeing the Terry incident still trotted out as fearmongering about the team's lack of toughness. That was a perfect storm, not just some natural thing that happens all the time to soft teams. Plenty of soft teams in the league. Very few Beaglings.
What exactly was an enforcer going to do to prevent that situation? The best face puncher in the league couldn't have made him answer after the fact, he was in the box for the rest of the game and there weren't any more games. So anyone who was going to prevent it would've had to be on the ice at the time. Johnston and Terry have spent a total of eleven minutes on the ice together this season.

So, to echo your question, what's the point? Why keep going back to that specific incident? It's shock value. Doomsaying. Blather, even. The distinction between the Terry incident and run of the mill bullying on the ice clearly matters, or the incident wouldn't be remarkable enough to keep being brought up. And when it veers into outright misrepresentation (the insinuation that claiming Johnston was a/the main factor in stopping further Terry incidents, as if we didn't just have an entire season with no Johnston but also no Terry incidents), I think it's worth pointing out the reality.

None of this is meant to discount the importance of having toughness on the team to limit the more standard-issue bullying. It wasn't about Johnston’s broader role, nor about Carrick’s (to bring it slightly back to the actual thread topic). It was just about being fed up with a particular dead horse that doesn't need beaten anymore.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'll be rooting for the Oilers now. I think McDavid deserves a cup, he's earned it. Add Perry, Henrique and Carrick to that and it's a no brainer for me to hope they win.

I guess Edm has suffered enough. Sort of a win/win. Ex-Ducks get a cup or Edm keeps suffering. Besides, there's still Toronto's suffering to keep me satisfied.
I love it
I think the same as you on Toronto

I'll be rooting for the Oilers now. I think McDavid deserves a cup, he's earned it. Add Perry, Henrique and Carrick to that and it's a no brainer for me to hope they win.

I guess Edm has suffered enough. Sort of a win/win. Ex-Ducks get a cup or Edm keeps suffering. Besides, there's still Toronto's suffering to keep me satisfied.
I love it
I think the same as you on Toronto

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1709831057030.png

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
After all that talk of him being the best center option on the market, and the team that acquires him ends up starting him on the wing. In the end, a lot of his value comes from the versatility to play either.
I want him to be their 3rd line center with Perry! Move Mcleod and his speed to wing on the 2nd line.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
After all that talk of him being the best center option on the market, and the team that acquires him ends up starting him on the wing. In the end, a lot of his value comes from the versatility to play either.
That’s what I like about this deal. Now we have 2 centers on both top 6 lines to take faceoofs. That’s valuable

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I feel like they have to at least try any new guys with drai/ mcdavid because with a little bit of chemistry they could explode like hyman did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad