Proposal: Ana-Buf

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ducks shouldn’t move Kase. Wrap him in bubble wrap if needed. 2 assists last night and they were excellent passes.

Sabres used to have this kid named Tim Connolly. World-class talent with amazing hands whose career was completely derailed by injuries. That kind of fragility scares me. I guess you never know how it'll work out, though. Skinner had a few concussions early in his career, and people thought he would be ruined, but he's missed only 8 games over the last 5 seasons (not counting this year, since it's barely started).

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
If the Sabres are even half as good as they have looked in the first 2 games of the season. Then they're are firmly in the driver seat of any Risto trade that might happen. Risto has his faults but he has been good in the first 2 games.

Reports have said the price is high for Ristolainen. With the current events they're not going down, that's for sure

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Risto will make stupid plays but he is also the most physical guy on our team and he has periods when he plays like a 1#D rather than 4#. We are going to need that through the season. I also trust Krueger to bring out the best in players. With a lot of our players improving they might go from untradeable to good rentals.
I'd rather thin the herd through trading other D and adress the 2C spot with futures. It could be a huge mistake to trade Risto now, not ROR level but still something that could hurt us for years to come.

Johansson looking great as 2C so far though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How on earth did he play on 4th line with Anaheim? Also how is Ritchie doing?Always liked him in junior

Ritchie last year was a high end third liner/low end second liner. For most of the year he was very productive and his fitness improved loads from the season prior but the last 10-15 games of the season he was disappointing - didn’t work as hard and started taking dumb penalties again.

This season he doesn’t look as quick as he did coming into last year and he sucked in the first game, earning a scratch for game two. Can’t write him off based on that but doesn’t look like he did much training over the offseason - given he’s entering his 4th full year that’s normally when you start to see guys of his size and skill sets start to make massive strides.

Maybe he needs a change of scenery but he definitely has the size, shot and vision to be a physical 20 goal, 45-50 point guy - it’s just a matter of him working hard enough to get there. And he needs to shoot more, he has a sick wrist shot but rarely uses it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Sabres used to have this kid named Tim Connolly. World-class talent with amazing hands whose career was completely derailed by injuries. That kind of fragility scares me. I guess you never know how it'll work out, though. Skinner had a few concussions early in his career, and people thought he would be ruined, but he's missed only 8 games over the last 5 seasons (not counting this year, since it's barely started).

Bergeron and Crosby also had issues early on and seemed to get over them. I’m hoping Kase follows the Skinner/Bergeron/Crosby route and not the Connolly route.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ducks shouldn’t move Kase. Wrap him in bubble wrap if needed. 2 assists last night and they were excellent passes.

Yeah I was in the minority who didn’t want to move him for Faulk. There’s a lot of risk keeping Kase but the upside is too high to trade him for Faulk who is a number 4 Dman. Kase if he stays healthy has 65-75 point potential. When he’s on the ice he’s arguably our best winger.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah I was in the minority who didn’t want to move him for Faulk. There’s a lot of risk keeping Kase but the upside is too high to trade him for Faulk who is a number 4 Dman. Kase if he stays healthy has 65-75 point potential. When he’s on the ice he’s arguably our best winger.

We need offense also. Shouldn’t be moving a winger with that potential. He can be one of the keys for Getzlaf bouncing back who I thought looked very good last night.

As per Faulk, looking at that contract he signed may have been too steep. No wonder the trade didn’t happen.

There will be options and hoping Bob is looking to add sooner rather than later.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
With how good Risto has looked through 2 games + how good Johansson has looked at #2C, and the injuries to Buffalo’s RHD depth, I don’t think Buffalo will be in any rush at all to trade Ristolainen unless some team decides to meet their reportedly very high trade ask.

This Sabres team looks like they might finally be turning the corner and trending up. They’ve looked unbelievable through 6 full periods so far. I know, small sample size. But it’s been YEARS since buffalo looked this good for 2 full games in a row. It’s honestly like night and day how much better coached they look. It is Really noticeable so far.

They are playing excellent team defense, including Risto. And he has a competent D partner that he seems to be meshing with. If this continues, his value is only going to rise (and I am hopeful it will, as Krueger was kind of known for his defensive structure).

Plus, the only reason Risto wanted out is due to all the losing in Buffalo. I don’t think the Sabres were ever that keen on trading him. If that is fixed, Buffalo may not want to trade him at all. Bogosian and Scandella off the books after this year. A RHD of Ristolainen, Montour and Jokiharju next year and beyond could actually be pretty good.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ristolainen's price is still high, same as it was in the summer, AND he seems to be playing well Krueger.

Again, this won't be an O'Reilly grab. Get ready to part with something you like, or we'll happily keep him to keep smashing Miles Wood.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ristolainen's price is still high, same as it was in the summer, AND he seems to be playing well Krueger.

Again, this won't be an O'Reilly grab. Get ready to part with something you like, or we'll happily keep him to keep smashing Miles Wood.

I think the offer was around kase which is someone everyone in anaheim likes(and most everyone league wide)… and I think most Anaheim fans are pretty iffy on if they would or not.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think the offer was around kase which is someone everyone in anaheim likes(and most everyone league wide)… and I think most Anaheim fans are pretty iffy on if they would or not.

So, I like Kase. He was sold to me well.

My one question....is injuries. (I wouldn't know the details as well as you)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So, I like Kase. He was sold to me well.

My one question....is injuries. (I wouldn't know the details as well as you)
Yeah injuries are the big ? for everyone about kase ... mostly concussion related which is always a slippery slope. I think if he can stay healthy this year people are going to be really surprised at what he does offensively.

Either way were just talkin value(I think the trade is pretty close value wise)…. I don't see either team making that kind of move right now as both have started out solid out of the gate(and like others have said buffalo has some injuries on the back end)… I think Anaheim will look at the cheaper options like a potential Honka/Deangelo type player... as kase seems like our biggest igniter of offense.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Well that was easy. ^^^^

Not bad for both clubs. Lindholm would be about the best partner you could put with Risto

If you have to hide a guy, he’s not worth sending quality players like Kase away for him. Risto is horribly overrated and is no better in his own end today than he was 5 years ago. There’s a reason he’s yet to be traded.

Unless someone gets horribly desperate for offense from the blueline Buffalo just isn’t going to get what they want.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
If you have to hide a guy, he’s not worth sending quality players like Kase away for him. Risto is horribly overrated and is no better in his own end today than he was 5 years ago. There’s a reason he’s yet to be traded.

Unless someone gets horribly desperate for offense from the blueline Buffalo just isn’t going to get what they want.
You have no clue what your talking about

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ritchie + 1st for Risto ( we have zegris and Tracey coming up) and lots of youngsters already, this would be the year to absorb not having a 1st round pick

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ritchie + 1st for Risto ( we have zegris and Tracey coming up) and lots of youngsters already, this would be the year to absorb not having a 1st round pick
and risk getting Colorado-ed by Buffalo if that 1st turns into a top 5 pick ?
Speaking of a team getting Colorado-ed, if the Sharks be like the Ducks from last year because of bad coaching they could end up being Colorado-ed by Ottawa, then Ottawa will have 2 top 10 picks in 2020.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Speaking of a team getting Colorado-ed, if the Sharks be like the Ducks from last year because of bad coaching they could end up being Colorado-ed by Ottawa, then Ottawa will have 2 top 10 picks in 2020.
Id consider that trade tbh .... a roster with risto on our defense is likely a playoff team

Reactions: robbieboy3686

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
And if the Ducks make the playoffs the Sabres are left with a return of a late 1st and a 3rd liner. It'd be yet another underwhelming return for a good young player.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Kase would immediately be one of our 4 best forwards...
[MOD]

He's not ahead of Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Johansson, Mittelstadt...he's in a tier with Sheary and Olofsson.

Unless we're getting a Nik Ehlers back or someone like him, our best bet is to keep Ristolainen. (Or a package of draft picks and prospects we can't refuse.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
[MOD]
Can I ask you what's wrong with Mitts? He is 20 with huge upside and healthy.I would be reluctant to trade for a guy who didn't play last year for a valuable asset but that's just me.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
[MOD]
Kase is prob the most under the radar player in the league right now

Kase had a higher PPG average than Ehlers last year, and a higher Goals per game average also. While playing on an anemic offense in Anaheim(Anaheim scored 73 less goals than Winnipeg as a team last year).

Kases biggest problem is he hasn't played a full season yet due to injuries... but when he does hell be right there next to a guy like ehlers.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
4 years difference is huge..like said he is 20 lots of potential still
No one is saying he doesn't have potential... but right now it would be hard to rate him ahead of someone like kase who has shown he can dominate at the NHL level if healthy

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kase is prob the most under the radar player in the league right now

Kase had a higher PPG average than Ehlers last year, and a higher Goals per game average also. While playing on an anemic offense in Anaheim(Anaheim scored 73 less goals than Winnipeg as a team last year).

Kases biggest problem is he hasn't played a full season yet due to injuries... but when he does hell be right there next to a guy like ehlers.

Looking at Kase’s stats through the first 2 games has 2 points, a +3, and 11 SOG. Goals and points will come if he keeps this up.

Cannot give that up and just have to hope and pray he stays healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad