Proposal: Ana-Buf

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'm not gung-ho about trading Ristolainen for a winger in general, he's probably our best trade chip to get a guy who could become a 2C. Unlike most of the proposals involving Ristolainen it's at least worth considering. Kase is a good young player on a reasonable contract. It would hopefully force the Sabres to plant Sobotka's ass firmly in the pressbox. I'd re-visit this when Montour is ready to return.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
One thing to remember about Kase's durability is the training staff/ luck in Anaheim the last 2 or 3 years has been absolutely horrible. No player has been able to stay healthy. He may be able stay healthy with a different staff. But it is a risk.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
With Kase you're gambling on one of the most efficient players in the NHL who has produced extremely well given his usage and driven play at a level that few in the league have. The only question is his durability.

It's an interesting situation.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I'm not the one who started the ifs, just stating that the only reason a player like Kase would even be available currently is due to durability concerns.

and risto is only available because he has been temporarily ruined because of terribad coaching staffs.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
and risto is only available because he has been temporarily ruined because of terribad coaching staffs.
Which of the 5 coaching staffs Ristolainen has played under in Buffalo are you referring to exactly?

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Kase would immediately be one of our 4 best forwards...
I actually have never seen him play since I work so only watch sabres and team's in my area which is Detroit and Toronto.However I see he is a 40 point player if you average it over 80 games in his career.Also is his injuries serous or fluky? What type of upside does he have?

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I think it all comes down to coaching with players like Risto.
I think if Kruger is the real deal I believe Risto will be as well.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
I actually have never seen him play since I work so only watch sabres and team's in my area which is Detroit and Toronto.However I see he is a 40 point player if you average it over 80 games in his career.Also is his injuries serous or fluky? What type of upside does he have?
It's 40 point player but while playing basically 4th line minutes. One of the most efficient scorers in the NHL and a dominant possession player as well. Watch out for him this year if he gets top minutes this season.

Reactions: Getz2noone

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Lol if I were the Sabres id pay a team a 2nd to take Ristolainen away the guy is a pylon defensively, the Sabres should be ecstatic to get a 2nd for him let alone Kase as well.

Thanks. I think we saw what he would do first two games of this year. He’s not #1 stud but he’s tough as hell with offence and good cap it. Yeah, a 2nd. Inhale some more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Good enough upside that we have a hard time saying yes to moving him for risto. Duck fans arnt lyin when they say he is arguably our best offensive weapon. Easily 30 goal 60 point playet when healthy... with room to be better ... biggest question is can he stay healthy. He also drives his own line... he didnt have to play with getz and rakell to put up #s, he can basically play with anyone.

Id say a lot of duck fans would prefer to move rakell over kase.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Good enough upside that we have a hard time saying yes to moving him for risto. Duck fans arnt lyin when they say he is arguably our best offensive weapon. Easily 30 goal 60 point playet when healthy... with room to be better ... biggest question is can he stay healthy. He also drives his own line... he didnt have to play with getz and rakell to put up #s, he can basically play with anyone.

No a lot of ducks fans would not rather move rakell... What... The return would have to be twice or 3x as good for rakell...

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
At this stage, I don’t think Kruger would want to trade him. However any deal needs to include a skilled forward, center would be preferable, and getting back less salary than what’s going out. Sabres are really tight against the cap and we could a little more skill.

Love to get back a forward with some sandpaper.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Should trade Dahlin then no sense having Dahlin playing 15 min a night on the bottom pairing. Should be playing 25+ minutes a night. Someone’s gonna have to go to give him more minutes.

Trade Dahlin? Good thing you're unbiased...

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

How on earth did he play on 4th line with Anaheim? Also how is Ritchie doing?Always liked him in junior

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How on earth did he play on 4th line with Anaheim? Also how is Ritchie doing?Always liked him in junior
/shrug... if you watch a ducks game youll remember kase hes always all over the place.

Ritchie has been fairly disappointing... usually plays with kase tho so hopefully hes just adapting to new system/ coaches. I think hell be moved at some point tho

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I think a healthy Kase is worth a risto, and I think highly of both players. I don’t think it’s a trade Buffalo should do though based on the team (not value)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad