Proposal: Ana-Buf

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Buf is not drafting 6th. They look really strong right now. Add a 2c and your drafting 21st. Is Risto and the 21st pick worth Terry and Comtois? I'd think a 2c is worth more than 21st pick.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Buf is not drafting 6th. They look really strong right now. Add a 2c and your drafting 21st. Is Risto and the 21st pick worth Terry and Comtois? I'd think a 2c is worth more than 21st pick.
Not necessarily 2C, we just need a player in the top 6 who will score points, because Sobotka does not score them.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t see Terry as a winger prospect. I see him as a centre prospect, and this upcoming draft is supposed to be centre heavy. I just don’t want to wait another 2-3 years for Buffalo to finally find their 2C (we’re ignoring the oreilly trade here cause we can both admit he’d be perfect). I’m tired of “the future” and Anaheim is just entering that stage. One of Terry or Steel is gonna be your 2C in the future but I see Steel as a future 1C and that draft pick will provide your 2C.
Not sure terry has played much center, in ahl and nhl hes been strictly a right winger.... and im guessing he looks/feelsmore comfortable at wing.

Zegras steel lundy groulx is our future center depth.

We hope terry and comtois can become top6 wingers alongside rakell kase and silf.

Personally i dont see us moving both wingers, but i think value of trade is fair.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don’t see Terry as a winger prospect. I see him as a centre prospect, and this upcoming draft is supposed to be centre heavy. I just don’t want to wait another 2-3 years for Buffalo to finally find their 2C (we’re ignoring the oreilly trade here cause we can both admit he’d be perfect). I’m tired of “the future” and Anaheim is just entering that stage. One of Terry or Steel is gonna be your 2C in the future but I see Steel as a future 1C and that draft pick will provide your 2C.

Terry played the wing in college, in the AHL and continues to play there now, so not sure why you or anyone would still consider him a center.

You've also omitted Zegras who definitely projects to be one of the Ducks top 2 centers.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Terry played the wing in college, in the AHL and continues to play there now, so not sure why you or anyone would still consider him a center.

You've also omitted Zegras who definitely projects to be one of the Ducks top 2 centers.
I think he was sayin terry or steel will be our 2c.... implyin zegras is our 1c... and the other will be odd man out.

Granted i dont think the team has ever seen terry as a center option

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Watching what a plus from Buffalo. In principle, I am not against such a deal.
I think as a base it works out for both teams... not sure how your lhd depth is in your system. But larsson or mahura could be a good cheap solution to potential cap issues down the line

As for + i was think 2nd or 3rd, anahiem potentially adding a pick if ita the 2nd.

Also i see a lot of buf fans talking future 2c... whats the deal with middlestat and cozens dont they potentially fill that next year.

Comtois seems like a perfect fit on eichels wing. Risto could look really good with fowler or lindholm, and allows fowler to go back to lhd and guhle to move down to 3rd pairing.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbieboy3686

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think as a base it works out for both teams... not sure how your lhd depth is in your system. But larsson or mahura could be a good cheap solution to potential cap issues down the line

As for + i was think 2nd or 3rd, anahiem potentially adding a pick if ita the 2nd.

Also i see a lot of buf fans talking future 2c... whats the deal with middlestat and cozens dont they potentially fill that next year
I would probably do this deal.

As for 2C, it all depends on the progress of Mittelstadt and Cozens. So far, Johansson has played this role and is playing pretty well, but who knows what will happen in a year, we still have an interesting center in the person of Asplund in the AHL.

Reactions: Getz2noone

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Also i see a lot of buf fans talking future 2c... whats the deal with middlestat and cozens dont they potentially fill that next year.

Comtois seems like a perfect fit on eichels wing. Risto could look really good with fowler or lindholm, and allows fowler to go back to lhd and guhle to move down to 3rd pairing.

Buffalo has enough potential future 2Cs (Cozens, Mittelstadt, maybe even Asplund). What you've seen fans carping about is the lack of current 2C. Johansson has stepped pretty seamlessly into that role, though, so I think the more pressing concern for fans is that Vladimir Sobotka is playing on a scoring line. He cannot score.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
The problem with moving Risto is we have nobody physical but McCabe.However I think we need to get tougher.The Ducks aren't giving us their top prospects not should they.They are in same position as us only has surplus of F and we have a surplus of D.Risto for Jones and Ritchie straight up.We have a surplus of D and the way Joker has played d don't want to send him to minors once Montour comes back but that's what will happen.Will miss Risto physicality but we add dept to our F core and toughness as well.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Buffalo has enough potential future 2Cs (Cozens, Mittelstadt, maybe even Asplund). What you've seen fans carping about is the lack of current 2C. Johansson has stepped pretty seamlessly into that role, though, so I think the more pressing concern for fans is that Vladimir Sobotka is playing on a scoring line. He cannot score.
This. We still need scoring depth. We need a stud to play with Mittelstadt and help drive that line and we need vlad not in the line up. And no, ERod is not a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This. We still need scoring depth. We need a stud to play with Mittelstadt and help drive that line and we need vlad not in the line up. And no, ERod is not a solution.
Well i feel like any one of Ritchie Comtois or Jones makes sense then... as mittlestadt is pretty small... they also work as protecting/doing the dirty work for him.

Jones is a buzzsaw, lot of energy + solid pker… but prob has the least scoring potential out of the 3.
Ritchie is the biggest and meanest.... still finding his potential but he had a fairly strong season last year, hopefully with new coach/system he can take another step forward.
Comtois is the best offensive threat soft hands, good skater, big body, good shot. He is the most raw at this point, but his potential is def the highest

I do think there is some potential between the 2 clubs, obviously Anaheim would add to any of those 3 in a trade for risto. Risto is about as perfect of a fit as well find in the league right now for our defense.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Well i feel like any one of Ritchie Comtois or Jones makes sense then... as mittlestadt is pretty small... they also work as protecting/doing the dirty work for him.

Jones is a buzzsaw, lot of energy + solid pker… but prob has the least scoring potential out of the 3.
Ritchie is the biggest and meanest.... still finding his potential but he had a fairly strong season last year, hopefully with new coach/system he can take another step forward.
Comtois is the best offensive threat soft hands, good skater, big body, good shot. He is the most raw at this point, but his potential is def the highest

I do think there is some potential between the 2 clubs, obviously Anaheim would add to any of those 3 in a trade for risto. Risto is about as perfect of a fit as well find in the league right now for our defense.
How would you rank the following

Silvferberg
Rakell
Kase

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How would you rank the following

Silvferberg
Rakell
Kase

Hm
Rakell >/= Kase
Silfverberg

I think rakell is the best player, but I don't think kase is as far behind him as most people who don't watch the ducks would think.... and if he can stay healthy this year I think people are going to be impressed by kases end of season stats.

Rakell also benefits from playing on the top line, and top PP unit... kase generally plays on 3rd line and 2nd pp unit.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Hm
Rakell >/= Kase
Silfverberg

I think rakell is the best player, but I don't think kase is as far behind him as most people who don't watch the ducks would think.... and if he can stay healthy this year I think people are going to be impressed by kases end of season stats.

Rakell also benefits from playing on the top line, and top PP unit... kase generally plays on 3rd line and 2nd pp unit.
I think Buffalo would want one of them in exchange for Ristolainen.

Kase is often brought up but I think Silfverberg would be a great fit in Buffalo.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Buffalo would want one of them in exchange for Ristolainen.

Kase is often brought up but I think Silfverberg would be a great fit in Buffalo.

Those guys are untouchable, imo and have been most of the Ducks offense.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Rasmus Ristolainen is as top 10 NHL draft pick, 24 year old RHD, on a good contract, who has put up 40 plus point season for 4 straight years.

At this point, Buffalo wouldn't want a 1st round pick and any of those B level prospects, they're going to want players who can help this team now. Need for need.

The fact that fans on both teams are uncomfortable with each others offers probably means somewhere in between is fair.

Maybe

Silfverberg/Rakell and Holzer

for

Ristolainen and Rodrigues

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rasmus Ristolainen is as top 10 NHL draft pick, 24 year old RHD, on a good contract, who has put up 40 plus point season for 4 straight years.

At this point, Buffalo wouldn't want a 1st round pick and any of those B level prospects, they're going to want players who can help this team now. Need for need.

The fact that fans on both teams are uncomfortable with each others offers probably means somewhere in between is fair.

Maybe

Silfverberg/Rakell and Holzer

for

Ristolainen and Rodrigues
I could get behind silf + holzer... i think rakell is significantly more valuable than risto tho

But idk that the ducks would trade silf rakell or kase at this point

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Guys are sleeping on Kase. Underrated player and would look great next to MoJo and Skinner.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

So we can get a replacement C (that *may* be ready to see icetime 3 years from now) as long as you protect the pick so we don't get one that's too good? Pass

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
So we can get a replacement C (that *may* be ready to see icetime 3 years from now) as long as you protect the pick so we don't get one that's too good? Pass
Lol. Assuming Comtois and Ristolainen are close to a wash (personally I'd want more as a Sabres fan). Do you think a top 5 pick should be on the table for Terry? Personally I think that's a sizable overpayment by Buffalo.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
For me Comtois or Kase have to be the basis here. The adds from either side can be debated but without one of those guys Sabres shouldn't be at the table on this one.

I'd love to find a way of including Ritchie because the Sabres badly need sandpaper that can play an NHL shift but I understand trading 2 wingers of that ilk is not in the Duck's fans plans. Not that I'd ever regret the Nylander for Joker trade but a similarly struggling prospect like Nylander for Ritchie would be an interesting topic. Cest la vie....

In regards to silf its not that hes a bad player by any means but the sabres should be looking to shed some salary in a deal like this. adding almost 4 million in a dedundant position of veterans winger isn't great asset management on our end. The lower costs of a comtois/kase/Ritchie would all be more preferable.

Reactions: IlikeEich

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
For me Comtois or Kase have to be the basis here. The adds from either side can be debated but without one of those guys Sabres shouldn't be at the table on this one.

I'd love to find a way of including Ritchie because the Sabres badly need sandpaper that can play an NHL shift but I understand trading 2 wingers of that ilk is not in the Duck's fans plans. Not that I'd ever regret the Nylander for Joker trade but a similarly struggling prospect like Nylander for Ritchie would be an interesting topic. Cest la vie....

In regards to silf its not that hes a bad player by any means but the sabres should be looking to shed some salary in a deal like this. adding almost 4 million in a dedundant position of veterans winger isn't great asset management on our end. The lower costs of a comtois/kase/Ritchie would all be more preferable.
I disagree. Sabres are looking to win now. Comtois doesn’t make their team now and would be given the Tage treatment. Silf, Rakell, or Kase would have to be involved and Buffalo needs either RW or C. Our L side is stronger than the right.

Moving Risto and ERod for Silf and Holzer gives Sabre’s some salary help this year and then next year we still have Sobotka, Vesey, Sheary, Bogo, Scandella, others coming off the books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->