Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I know he's a power forward, but does Ritchie really have that much developing left? He's played over 300 NHL games (including the playoffs) and is basically the same player as he was 3 years ago. He is what he is, which is a solid 3rd liner.

If he breaks out like Karlsson or Theodore that would be a shock.
I won't be shocked, I'm expecting it.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I mean, I'm not over the moon excited. It's about the most lateral trade imaginable. Heinen is slightly more productive and better defensively, Ritchie is more physical and makes a little less money. They're the same age, give or take half a year.

Getting mad about this is the textbook definition of homering your own players' value.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
that's sarcasm right?

i hate murray as much as the next person but ritchie has been "developing" for years now. he's not going to get any better than what we've seen and heinen is the better all around player anyways
Hes 24 and makes every line hes been on more effective. Kase is horrible without Ritchie and small Terry will be as well. He replaces the size and physical play of this altready horrible top 6?

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Boston gets a player that matches their stereotype - hulking forward willing to get nasty (sometimes at the wrong time) with a good scoring touch.

We get someone who's had a promising start whose performance has declined over the last 2 years.

tenor.gif

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'll reserve judgement until after I watch the new guy play.

I will say this: our forwards in the defensive zone have been awful all year. Blown assignments and lost puck battles. By all accounts this guy is great defensively and has contributed more offensively than Ritchie.

A loss of physicality and net presence, we will see how it shakes out.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Where did I say Ritchie had the talent of Shea Theodore? I said Murray gives up on talent too early.
You mentioned this move and then directly referenced the Theodore catastrophe trade right next to it.

This has zero chance of becoming a debacle of that nature. Shea Theodore was 20 years old when we gave up on him, and we were all well aware of his potential of becoming a top flight OFD for years. It's no surprise he has become this good for Vegas.

At 24 years old Ritchie (and Heinen for that matter) are likely pretty close to "they are what they are" territory. There's a chance one or both improves a little of course but it'd be a huge surprise if one made the jump you are insinuating

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I think this was a good move. Heinen is a 200ft hockey player that won't make mistakes and can fill in on higher lines pretty well, I think there's some high end skill in there as well... I can assure you the Ducks scouts like him. Of course Ritchie has the possibility of hitting his power forward stride in the next few years... but who knows.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah this is not going to be shea theodore 2.0

ritchie has played close to 4 full NHL seasons now and has not shown any signs of reaching that next level

Zegras11

Jun 22, 2019
Fair trade and I expect Heinen will fit in well and make a good pairing with Terry but the Ducks really need some beef up front, the forwards are looking incredibly soft.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
How is Murray allowed to still be gm
Another garbage move completely useless, Ritchie developing into a top line power forward traded for a slightly less physical Devin Shore unbelievable but nothing surprises me with this moron

Wow what is the fetish with Ritchie on this board? He's not developing anymore. He's been the same player for the better part of 3 years. He takes dumb dumb dumb penalties and is useless unless someone spoon feeds him the puck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So getting a forward who has higher offensive potential and is better defensively than Ritchie. Guess we will see a line of Heinen - Henrique - Terry. I'm optimistic.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I wouldn't even say it's a lack of hockey IQ, but Nick just doesn't seem very smart in general, or at least lacks that focus, and it's always going to hold him back from taking that next step.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Benefit for Ritchie is Boston doesn't need him to be anything he's not. They want size and net-front presence, which is what he is now, and their other forwards can do what Ritchie couldn't. Anaheim vastly needed him to be a top 6 winger, which he isn't.

Hopefully, Heinen was buried underneath that skill as well.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
You mentioned this move and then directly referenced the Theodore catastrophe trade right next to it.

This has zero chance of becoming a debacle of that nature. Shea Theodore was 20 years old when we gave up on him, and we were all well aware of his potential of becoming a top flight OFD for years. It's no surprise he has become this good for Vegas.

At 24 years old Ritchie (and Heinen for that matter) are likely pretty close to "they are what they are" territory. There's a chance one or both improves a little of course but it'd be a huge surprise if one made the jump you are insinuating[/Q.
Point taken. My intention was to point out Murray's pattern of giving upon young guys, then having them blossom elsewhere.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Benefit for Ritchie is Boston doesn't need him to be anything he's not. They want size and net-front presence, which is what he is now, and their other forwards can do what Ritchie couldn't. Anaheim vastly needed him to be a top 6 winger, which he isn't.

Hopefully, Heinen was buried underneath that skill as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad