Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
people are actually sad to see ritchie go?

surprised they were able to get heinen for him. he's the better player for sure

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He makes almost twice what Ritchie does for similar production. He’s a center, is this the new Grant?

Someone who knows him explain the trade?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There's a chance Heinen was buried behind a bunch of great players in Boston and never got the chance to breakout like he can on a team with less talent like the Ducks. There's also a chance he's just an ordinary middle 6 player. We'll have to wait and see, but it seems like a lateral move at best

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I thought Heinen would've been a throw-in in another deal, not a 1-for-1. Should've been DeBrusk or bust, Bob.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He makes almost twice what Ritchie does for similar production. He’s a center, is this the new Grant?

Someone who knows him explain the trade?

He's not a center. He's a two way wing that doesn't really excel at anything. He's mainly been at LW on Boston's 3rd line. His big production a couple years ago IIRC came when he filled in their top 6 due to injuries.

Anyways, not surprised. I figured BM has been looking to move Ritchie for a while. I don't necessarily like it though.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
RIP to the countless hours of watching Ritchie dominate in Peterborough, SSM, and San Diego. The second call-up to Anaheim really stunted his development; Ritchie never took the next step.

Heinen is more of a cookie-cutter type of player. It pains me to say this considering the upside I once saw in Ritchie, but Anaheim wins this trade. The combo of Heinen and Comtois will replace (next year) anything we lost in Ritchie.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
Heinen is slightly more skilled but not physical. Similar level offensively but better defense without the stupid penalty every game. Also shows Bob trying to shake things up

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00