Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Ritchie was starting to put it together because he got 4 greasy points last night? Get real. We get rid of the nuisance and get someone with actual potential. Heinen is much better defensively, can actually skate and was BURIED in Boston behind great wingers. Let's see what he does here on the top 2 lines before we write him off.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It doesn't mean everything, but a lot of Bruins fans thought he'd be a big piece of a Palmieri trade and are very pissed about this. Ritchie had a great night last night and has come along but I think Heinen is gonna be a very nice pickup.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Good riddance, I'm elated to see the hunk of stupid go. Heinen is way better when he shows the occasional flash of offense. All for this.

Reactions: bags07

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Heinen sounds like Bonino-lite, and the cost was more expensive. But, I'm fine with it. Team's going to bad next year, another bad year on Ritchie cripples his value.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He's not a center. He's a two way wing that doesn't really excel at anything. He's mainly been at LW on Boston's 3rd line. His big production a couple years ago IIRC came when he filled in their top 6 due to injuries.

Anyways, not surprised. I figured BM has been looking to move Ritchie for a while. I don't necessarily like it though.
Ah, thanks. NHL has him listed as a center.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Developing power forward with skill for a run-of-the-mill third liner. We'll be looking back on this one like the Wild Bill and Theodore trades. Murray giving up on a talent too soon.

Reactions: McDonald19

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Bruins fan here, you will like what Heinen does in the defensive zone, he is awesome, but from the blue line in on the offensive zone, he never put it together. He can also kill penalties for you and was on our second PP unit.
Who was on Ritchie's line?
I hope he is better than his brother, who is in the minors now.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Judging from the Boston thread they aren't too happy about it, they are stating that Heinen is soft though

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Trade for the sake of trade. Ritchie was putting it together, what's the point of this?

I didn't see a reason why Ritchie needed to be traded as he seemed to be rounding his game, finally... again.

Team is awful. Team is awful because forwards are awful. Fan base is weirdly resistant to trading any of the forwards

I don't know about the player coming back, but KyleJRM does have great point. In that case, I understand why. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. Although Ritchie did score two goals last night, his overall game has been on pause. I was expecting Ritchie to come on like gangbusters this year after showing up last season in 60 games. Only now is Ritchie starting to turn things around. The same could be said of Terry. Down in the AHL, Comtois is now turning it on.

I'm numb with the trade, but I do understand the move. If this new guy is less sloppy in his play and plays 200ft, then that's good for the young Ducks. We need a new direction and KyleJRM was helpful in identifying this.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Developing power forward with skill for a run-of-the-mill third liner. We'll be looking back on this one like the Wild Bill and Theodore trades. Murray giving up on a talent too soon.
I know he's a power forward, but does Ritchie really have that much developing left? He's played over 300 NHL games (including the playoffs) and is basically the same player as he was 3 years ago. He is what he is, which is a solid 3rd liner.

If he breaks out like Karlsson or Theodore that would be a shock.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
not a big Ritchie fan, but I dunno about this one... of course, I know nothing about Heinen, either.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
How is Murray allowed to still be gm
Another garbage move completely useless, Ritchie developing into a top line power forward traded for a slightly less physical Devin Shore unbelievable but nothing surprises me with this moron

It's funny. I've always said Power Forwards take the longest to develop. Remember how long it took Maroon to come along?!

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
How is Murray allowed to still be gm
Another garbage move completely useless, Ritchie developing into a top line power forward traded for a slightly less physical Devin Shore unbelievable but nothing surprises me with this moron
that's sarcasm right?

i hate murray as much as the next person but ritchie has been "developing" for years now. he's not going to get any better than what we've seen and heinen is the better all around player anyways

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Heinen seems to have more of an offensive upside, which the Ducks need desperately. Also heard Heinen is good defensively, maybe better than Ritchie?

Ritchie - GP 287 (43 G , 66 A) 109 points .38/PPG

Heinen - GP 220 (34 G, 69 A) 103 points .47/PPG

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad