American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Does anyone know what's going on with Devin Kaplan? I know he's had some type of injury issue, but has he really only played 4 games this year?

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
So does anyone know when the '04 NTDP camp invite list usually gets released officially?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
All the names are certainly there. Everyone from the YOG roster also there, plus three of the hyped names that weren't at the YOG (Pierre, Kaplan, Leddy). The biggest name I see missing is Zach Filak.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
All the names are certainly there. Everyone from the YOG roster also there, plus three of the hyped names that weren't at the YOG (Pierre, Kaplan, Leddy). The biggest name I see missing is Zach Filak.
Yep. I can't remember if he's been talked about here but Spencer Sova is another nice player in this age group who didn't make that YOG team

ASPIFC

Jun 20, 2019
Any notable duals who was snubbed? Nice to see Max Namestnikov there. At some point it looked that he is going to same direction like his brother.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Any notable duals who was snubbed? Nice to see Max Namestnikov there. At some point it looked that he is going to same direction like his brother.

This is a really strong age group so there may be a couple of fringe players who didn't get an invite in previous years would've been there. My only surprise was Jack Graber out of MSC U15 not getting an invite.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
This is a really strong age group so there may be a couple of fringe players who didn't get an invite in previous years would've been there. My only surprise was Jack Graber out of MSC U15 not getting an invite.

I'm sure there will be a few more players that end up getting invited, as every year some of the first invites drop out, either because of injury, they choose not to go, etc. Jack Graber is definitely one that could be considered a snub at this point. Also was a little surprised not see Ryan Schelling invited. He's already getting a lot of OHL draft buzz, but he still plays for his local high school in the NY suburbs, so maybe he was overlooked because of the competition he plays.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I'm sure there will be a few more players that end up getting invited, as every year some of the first invites drop out, either because of injury, they choose not to go, etc. Jack Graber is definitely one that could be considered a snub at this point. Also was a little surprised not see Ryan Schelling invited. He's already getting a lot of OHL draft buzz, but he still plays for his local high school in the NY suburbs, so maybe he was overlooked because of the competition he plays.
He spent a bit of time on one of the top 16U teams in the country and has had a D1 commit for a long time already, so I don't think he was missed but as mentioned this was a group with a lot of similarly talented players around that fringe

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
8 Minnesota
7 Michigan
3 Connecticut
3 Mass
3 Missouri
2 Arizona
2 Colorado
2 Florida
2 Penn
2 Texas
2 Wisconsin
1 Alaska
1 California
1 Illinois
1 Nebraska
1 New Hampshire
1 New Jersey
1 New York
1 North Dakota
1 Ohio
1 Rhode Island
1 Washington
1 Virginia

Based on the invitees, surprised to see not as many from Wisconsin, California, Illinois, and New York this year.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I would think Joey Pierce will be a top three round pick in 2021. He looks and plays like he is 24 years old already.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
8 Minnesota
7 Michigan
3 Connecticut
3 Mass
3 Missouri
2 Arizona
2 Colorado
2 Florida
2 Penn
2 Texas
2 Wisconsin
1 Alaska
1 California
1 Illinois
1 Nebraska
1 New Hampshire
1 New Jersey
1 New York
1 North Dakota
1 Ohio
1 Rhode Island
1 Washington
1 Virginia

Based on the invitees, surprised to see not as many from Wisconsin, California, Illinois, and New York this year.
Seems like a weak age group from IL. Chris Able is pretty solid tho

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
About what I expected for the MN group. I thought Trey Ausmus had a pretty good chance to make the list, especially with his brother Gage having been on the team, so that'd probably be my most surprising omission.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

Don't know if there are any but there are 4 on the list as it stands

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Notable last names in that group: Brady Berard (Brett's brother), Marek Hejduk (Milan's son), Cruz Lucius (Chaz's brother), Max Namestnikov (Vlad's brother), Tyler Duke (Dylan's brother), Chase Pietila (Blake's brother), Seamus Powell (Eamon's brother), Jeremiah Slavin (Jaccob's brother).

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Don't know if there are any but there are 4 on the list as it stands

There are six dual nationals: Gauthier (Sweden), Hejduk (Czech), Namestnikov (Russia), Hutson (Canada), Muir (Canada), Sova (Canada)

Notable last names in that group: Brady Berard (Brett's brother), Marek Hejduk (Milan's son), Cruz Lucius (Chaz's brother), Max Namestnikov (Vlad's brother), Tyler Duke (Dylan's brother), Chase Pietila (Blake's brother), Seamus Powell (Eamon's brother), Jeremiah Slavin (Jaccob's brother).

Gauthier and Snuggerud are also from NHL families

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Nick Pierre (Hill-Murray) won a MN HS State Championship tonight. Wonder how that affects his decision on what should be a guaranteed NTDP offer. More likely to leave because of it or more enticed to return and try to repeat?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
he's not the only good young player on that team, maybe depends on them as well

Yeah, I think only 2 of their top point producers were seniors, plus their starting goalie, so I imagine they could be poised for another title run next season if they get everyone else back. Not a big leap I know given they're a powerhouse program who just won it. MNHS followers - what's your take on next year's top contenders?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Yeah, I think only 2 of their top point producers were seniors, plus their starting goalie, so I imagine they could be poised for another title run next season if they get everyone else back. Not a big leap I know given they're a powerhouse program who just won it. MNHS followers - what's your take on next year's top contenders?
Probably the usual suspects for the tourney it self. More and more rural areas are becoming suburban and with that is an influx of money. Places like Andover and Rogers are getting better and better and are giving the prep schools a run for their money. Someone else would have to chip in when it comes to individual players though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad