American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike8219

Feb 21, 2008
South Buffalo
www.youtube.com
Clayton Keller
Zachary Walker
Trent Frederic
James Sanchez
Joey Anderson
Patrick Khodorenko
Max Jones
Nick Pastujov
Graham McPhee
William Lockwood

James Greenway
Matt Hellickson
Ryan Lindgren
Michael Campoli
Adam Fox
Chad Krys
Griffin Luce
Luke Martin

Joseph Woll
Jake Oettinger

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Clayton Keller
Trent Frederic
James Sanchez
Riley Tufte
Joey Anderson
Patrick Khodorenko
Max Jones
Nick Pastujov
Graham McPhee

Adam Fox
Chad Krys
Griffin Luce
Luke Martin

Joseph Woll
Jake Oettinger

You can add defensemen Ryan Lindgren and Michael Campoli to the commit list as well. Apparently Riley Tufte has turned down his invite as well to stay with Blaine HS.

Last edited:

Johnny Snake Eyes

Apr 2, 2007
maine
If you had to make an all-star team of the current NTDP U-17s and the incoming team from next year what would it look like. It seems like these two classes are loaded.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
William Knierim (Chicago Mission U16) just tendered with Dubuque (USHL). Was at the USNTDP camp last month, drafted by Owen Sound (OHL).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kyle Connor has been amazing at the U-18 tourney. He has really stepped up and took over a top role with this team. He has to be in the top 15 conversation for next years draft.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yup.

Pretty unreal how good our class for 2015 is shaping up to be.

hopefully we dont see epic falls like McColgan, Ambroz, Jacobs, etc faced a few years back...

right now I would have to imagine that all of Eichel, Hanifin, White, Werenski, Connor, Bittner, Texeira, Greenway, are all top 30 prospects.

Texeira might be borderline but I think once the graduations happen from Portland this kid is going to sky rocket next year with increased ice time.

a number of kids could really rise like Bracco, Fitzgerald, Yan, Jones, etc from the USNDP.

the extreme wild cards : Askew and Robbie Jackson could be homeruns or drop off the Earth type players.

I like both Wilkie and Henley from the OHL as risers as well as Dello from Tri-City...

hopefully the overall depth picks up over the year as we have a lot of top end players for once!

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Connor definitely is Top 15 for next year, no question.

I think we have both been on the same page with Connor for some time now. I was amazed how well he played last year coming into the USHL and this year he simply dominated at a level that likely fellow first rounder Nick Schmaltz couldn't even come close to. I am trying to be a bit more reserved on projections of players with my older age now (hahaha) but Kyle Connor is one of the better forward prospects to have come along in the past few years for the US. To know that Connor, Eichel, White, and Bittner are all coming out of the same draft might make up for the past 3 years of NHL drafts we have had with lack of top 10 talent (Galchenyuk, Trouba, and Jones excluded).

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yup.

Pretty unreal how good our class for 2015 is shaping up to be.

to quote your post again, I might be a bit optomistic but I actually think the 2016 draft will be even better for the US as insane as it sounds.

pretty crazy statement when we can likely have 4 guys go in the top 10 next year, but the 2016 draft is shaping up to be a monster draft especially with depth and on defense.

Max Jones, Keller, Logan Brown, Pastujov, Tkachuk, Kirwan, Matthews, Krys, Luke Martin, Ben Gleason, Joey Anderson, Lindgren, Greenway, Campoli, Knieriem, Griffin Luce, Cam Dineen, Mitch Eliot, Lewandowski, LaLonde, and Hank Crone are all legit high end prospects that many can fall into the top 30. Extreme talent and depth here.

And that isn't even talking about Chychrun likely top 3(still has to decide who to play for), Callan Foote, Dominic Mersch, and all those extremely talented Minnesota kids/Shattuck boys : Bellows, McPhee, Tufte, Wait, Kenny Johnson (Jack's younger brother), Kiersted, etc, etc, etc

this draft as it stands has the chance to be one of the best ever for USA Hockey, and that is excellent considering how strong 2015 is likely to be as well as how solid the 2014 draft will be with risers like Larkin, Milano, Tuch, Schmaltz, and MacInnis all starting to make noise in the rankings.

the names listed above for the 2016 draft I did it very fast so I might have slipped a few late 98's in there so if so my bad!

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think we have both been on the same page with Connor for some time now. I was amazed how well he played last year coming into the USHL and this year he simply dominated at a level that likely fellow first rounder Nick Schmaltz couldn't even come close to. I am trying to be a bit more reserved on projections of players with my older age now (hahaha) but Kyle Connor is one of the better forward prospects to have come along in the past few years for the US. To know that Connor, Eichel, White, and Bittner are all coming out of the same draft might make up for the past 3 years of NHL drafts we have had with lack of top 10 talent (Galchenyuk, Trouba, and Jones excluded).

Unless multiple scouting services rate a prospect in the first round we must temper our enthusiasm! :sarcasm:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
to quote your post again, I might be a bit optomistic but I actually think the 2016 draft will be even better for the US as insane as it sounds.

pretty crazy statement when we can likely have 4 guys go in the top 10 next year, but the 2016 draft is shaping up to be a monster draft especially with depth and on defense.

Max Jones, Keller, Logan Brown, Pastujov, Tkachuk, Kirwan, Matthews, Krys, Luke Martin, Ben Gleason, Joey Anderson, Lindgren, Greenway, Campoli, Knieriem, Griffin Luce, Cam Dineen, Mitch Eliot, Lewandowski, LaLonde, and Hank Crone are all legit high end prospects that many can fall into the top 30. Extreme talent and depth here.

And that isn't even talking about Chychrun likely top 3(still has to decide who to play for), Callan Foote, Dominic Mersch, and all those extremely talented Minnesota kids/Shattuck boys : Bellows, McPhee, Tufte, Wait, Kenny Johnson (Jack's younger brother), Kiersted, etc, etc, etc

this draft as it stands has the chance to be one of the best ever for USA Hockey, and that is excellent considering how strong 2015 is likely to be as well as how solid the 2014 draft will be with risers like Larkin, Milano, Tuch, Schmaltz, and MacInnis all starting to make noise in the rankings.

the names listed above for the 2016 draft I did it very fast so I might have slipped a few late 98's in there so if so my bad!

I agree 2016 looks really good as well but for me 2015 is all about Jack Eichel. He's an NHL caliber franchise center and that's what USA Hockey has desperately needed for so long, especially now that Galchenyuk is looking more and more like an LW. The Backes', Kesler's, Paveslki's, Bjugstad's our nice, but if we're going to compete on the national stage we need a center we can throw out there and not be completely overmatched by the Crosby's, Toews', Stamkos', etc. And to me, Eichel's that guy.

Hanifin looks like he could be every bit as good as Jones too, if not better. Then Connor, White, etc. just really excite me as depth guys for the program.

I think we've got a great young core with Kane, Kessel, Galchenyuk, Eichel, JVR, Bjugstad, Saad, Pacioretty, Trouba, Jones, McDonagh, Hanifin, Faulk, Gibson, and Quick. It's just very exciting to see where the program is now really.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Derek Daschke of the Oakland Grizzlies has tendered with Cedar Rapids of the USHL. Daschke was the 200th overall pick in the OHL draft to Guelph Storm.

Cedar Rapids also tendered Chicago Mission forward Hugh McGing

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
also, super star 98' Hank Crone was tendered by Omaha of the USHL and will be playing there this season. kid is sick and extremelly gifted and a BU recruit already as well. Crone has all the talent to be a top player come draft day just hope he grows a bit more and fills out. keep a close eye on this kid who many say is one of the best forwards in the nation.

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013
Congratulations to team USA and coach Danton Cole for the winning another gold medal at the U 18 tourney! The NTDP should be very proud of the team. So much depth there!:handclap

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
UMASS commit Alex DeBrincat from Lake Shore Academy signs with the Erie Otters. Late '97, 2016 NHL Draft Eligible.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
hopefully we dont see epic falls like McColgan, Ambroz, Jacobs, etc faced a few years back...

right now I would have to imagine that all of Eichel, Hanifin, White, Werenski, Connor, Bittner, Texeira, Greenway, are all top 30 prospects.

Texeira might be borderline but I think once the graduations happen from Portland this kid is going to sky rocket next year with increased ice time.

a number of kids could really rise like Bracco, Fitzgerald, Yan, Jones, etc from the USNDP.

the extreme wild cards : Askew and Robbie Jackson could be homeruns or drop off the Earth type players.

I like both Wilkie and Henley from the OHL as risers as well as Dello from Tri-City...

hopefully the overall depth picks up over the year as we have a lot of top end players for once!

What are your thoughts on Boka? He's always impressed me. Thanks for your input.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

Khoderenko could be a top 5 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad