American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

I had no clue Michael Campoli was a dual.

You can have him. We'll take Chychrun. :) I thought Campoli was a standout at the all state mentorship cup last year. Good coup for the program.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought the ship had sailed on Chychrun after the USNDP did not take him....or am I off?

until he represents either the US or Canada at an IIHF sanctioned event- all options are open as of now. he was set on going to the OHL so him not going to the USNDP camp is not the be all end all. we will see what camp he goes to in the next 2 years for u18/wjc.

NJDevils

Dec 23, 2007
NJ
BC just keeps getting better and better for the future. Huge score in getting Bracco to commit to playing for the Eagles.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know this happened around 10 days back, but a good read none the less for those looking to keep up with the top 98's in this country and the USHL draft.

Obviously a ton of talent in this birth year as I really haven't seen anything like it ever depth wise. So many top kids from all over the place that this birth year really needs to start receiving major attention.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/jun...tures-draft-team-by-team-results-and-analysis

plenty of names to follow for the next 2-3 years.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I know this happened around 10 days back, but a good read none the less for those looking to keep up with the top 98's in this country and the USHL draft.

Obviously a ton of talent in this birth year as I really haven't seen anything like it ever depth wise. So many top kids from all over the place that this birth year really needs to start receiving major attention.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/jun...tures-draft-team-by-team-results-and-analysis

plenty of names to follow for the next 2-3 years.

USHL draft a great gauge for non-NTDP talent in the US, futures draft especially. We had some coverage on the Phase 1 (futures) Draft and covered 30 noteworthy prospects selected over the two days as well..

Still lots of players to emerge though. The 1997s have seen plenty of names pop up already since their futures draft.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
The QMJHL draft was just held on Saturday and 46 Americans were drafted. Not surprisingly Moncton took the most (8) and since I do not pay close attention to New England hockey I was wondering whether any of you could give some insight into what could be expected of the American players drafted by them. Shannon, Moncton's GM, has said that right now he expects most will show up to training camp. I doubt any will give up their eligibility without a promise of a spot so they may pay their own way or only stay 48 hours.

Round 3
Liam Murphy

Round 4
Luke McInnis

Round 6
RJ Murphy

Round 7
Chad Krys (Everyone knows about Krys and this was likely for a few years down the road to see if he would show up after)

Round 8
Matt Koopman

Round 10
Derek Britner

Round 12
Robbie Roche

Round 13
Jonathan Alsfeld

Here are all the other Americans drafted if you wanted to see
http://www.eliteprospects.com/draft...t&sort=nation&nation=6&type=QMJHL Entry Draft

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
BChockeyblog just tweeted that Zach Werenski has committed to Michigan. Also saw about a week or two go that he might be trying to accelerate to play this year. Any news on either front?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
@russbites: News from a very good source: Hanifin is enrolling to BC this fall as is fellow NTDP teammate Zach Werenski to Michigan. Big pick-ups.

That's a a huge blow to the NTDP. I'm pretty sure they knew about Hanifin last year (hence why they signed 9 d-men as Gabriele will become full time now).

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
@russbites: News from a very good source: Hanifin is enrolling to BC this fall as is fellow NTDP teammate Zach Werenski to Michigan. Big pick-ups.

That's a a huge blow to the NTDP. I'm pretty sure they knew about Hanifin last year (hence why they signed 9 d-men as Gabriele will become full time now).

Any precedent for taking a player already playing NCAA to the U18 WC? If not, I'd imagine he'll be the first.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Thanks Billy ..... I knew you would confirm

Now what about the forward or forwards ?????

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This essentially confirms both Hanifin and Werenski to the NCAA.

@SRuggiero27: Officially a member of the US NTDP. Humbled and honored to have this oppurtunity. Special thanks to my family, friends, and teammates.

Hanifin's departure didn't mean they needed to add a s-man. Werenksi leaving does and they already did.

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Any precedent for taking a player already playing NCAA to the U18 WC? If not, I'd imagine he'll be the first.

Jim O'Brien left the NTDP to play at Minnesota as a 17 year old and played at the U18s following the end of their season. I'd imagine that both Hanifin and Werenski will be there.

RangerDanger

Jun 23, 2012
Rumour that Kirwin's rights being traded from Guelph to Windsor in OHL. Could foreshadow his move from USNDTP

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Logan Brown is listed on the Canadian development camp roster for the U17s. That could be a very big loss considering his potential. It's quite disappointing considering he was at the NTDP camp a few months back and was strongly rumored to be heading to the NTDP at one point.

Edit: To clarify, he's on the invite list. I don't know if that means he's planning to attend.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Logan Brown is listed on the Canadian development camp roster for the U17s. That could be a very big loss considering his potential. It's quite disappointing considering he was at the NTDP camp a few months back and was strongly rumored to be heading to the NTDP at one point.

Edit: To clarify, he's on the invite list. I don't know if that means he's planning to attend.

Stephen Dhillon, who is on the 2014 NTDP Evaluation Camp list is also on the under 17 Hockey Canada goaltending list. That camp starts tomorrow (June 11)

If they're eligible to play for either country guess it makes sense to get as much exposure as possible before they decide what route to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad