American Prospect Update Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
That a boy Billy !

Now your on top of your game.

Didn't Guelph hold Kirwans rights ?

Yes, Guelph drafted him in the second round of the 2013 OHL Priority Selection, but it's extremely likely that they will trade his rights to Windsor for a 2nd round pick or two to "complete" the Ebert/Rychel trade back in November. (in the OHL you can only trade the players taken in the first round from the most recent draft)

Gordie07

Apr 5, 2012
Logan Brown is listed on the Canadian development camp roster for the U17s. That could be a very big loss considering his potential. It's quite disappointing considering he was at the NTDP camp a few months back and was strongly rumored to be heading to the NTDP at one point.

Edit: To clarify, he's on the invite list. I don't know if that means he's planning to attend.

Brown_zpsd1a43245.png

Still doesn't say that he's planning to attend.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Brown_zpsd1a43245.png

Still doesn't say that he's planning to attend.

Pretty standard response. Even kids who have no interest in the CHL, usually acknowledge being drafted.

Im wondering if he's going to take the last F spot for the NTDP. At least for a year until he gets traded. Haven't seen anything that he's going to sign in the OHL this year.

Him committing to Canada would be even stranger than Chychrun. Hopefully both end up with the US in the end.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Pretty standard response. Even kids who have no interest in the CHL, usually acknowledge being drafted.

Im wondering if he's going to take the last F spot for the NTDP. At least for a year until he gets traded. Haven't seen anything that he's going to sign in the OHL this year.

Him committing to Canada would be even stranger than Chychrun. Hopefully both end up with the US in the end.

Have it on good authority that he will be attending the Canadian Selection camp and he is 100% going the OHL route, the only question is will it be this year or next.
Keep in mind that although he will be attending the Team Canada camp, this in no way binds him to represent Canada in the future...although USA Hockey certainly must be concerned that he will.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Hasn't he lived his whole life in the US?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Any hope for Sam Kurker?

Quebec Remparts coach mentionned of of the team's former American draft pick will show up at camp. So it should be one of Jon Gillies, Matt Grzelcyk, Sam Kurker, Joey Dudek or Noah Hanifin. Kurker is the most logic one.

How was his stint with Indiana?

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Any hope for Sam Kurker?

Quebec Remparts coach mentionned of of the team's former American draft pick will show up at camp. So it should be one of Jon Gillies, Matt Grzelcyk, Sam Kurker, Joey Dudek or Noah Hanifin. Kurker is the most logic one.

How was his stint with Indiana?

Kurker said this after the Dispersal draft where he was selected by Sioux City:

The Sioux City Musketeers selected the Reading native in the first round of the dispersal draft on May 22.

"That was my No. 1 choice, and where I really wanted to go. I was lucky to get picked by them, and I am really looking forward to getting to meet the coaches in late July, when I go out there for camp," said Kurker. "I’m excited about that."

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Kurker said this after the Dispersal draft where he was selected by Sioux City:

The Sioux City Musketeers selected the Reading native in the first round of the dispersal draft on May 22.

"That was my No. 1 choice, and where I really wanted to go. I was lucky to get picked by them, and I am really looking forward to getting to meet the coaches in late July, when I go out there for camp," said Kurker. "I’m excited about that."

I said Kurker because he was the most logic one but it could be one of the other 4. I guess Dudek is the other possibility.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Dudek was in Dubuque's camp last weekend and has said previously he is going there. Could that change, absolutely.

All we know is that one will show up.

I highly doubt it's one of Gillies, Grzelcyk or Hanifin.

They also had Doyle Somerby and Kevin Duane but they released them.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Billy .... Where are you ?

Heard u20 WJ camp in Lake Placid invites are going out already

Are you with holding info

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
May not be the right place to ask this but Robby Jackson commited to SCSU this week. He sounds like he could be quite good in college. Anyone have a quick (or long ;)) scouting report?

yohockey

Nov 14, 2008
Jackson will be a good college player. Great hands and pure scorer. Size of 5'7" 170 shouldn't be an issue. He won't be physical at all or battle in corners but buries puck on breakaways. LA Kings stats inflated since his coach was also his agent and where he played every shift including all power plays and penalty kills. Great rookie season in Chicago on a mediocre team.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Don't know why I was not aware of this thread sooner. I will be covering prospects from the east coast mainly the USPHL U16 and U18 division this season so if anyone needs a report on a player feel free to ask!

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Don't know why I was not aware of this thread sooner. I will be covering prospects from the east coast mainly the USPHL U16 and U18 division this season so if anyone needs a report on a player feel free to ask!

I'm not sure if you have seen any of these guys (probably have seen Krys) but if you have and could give some insight and what to expect then that would be great. Thanks!

-Liam Murphy
-Luke McInnis
-RJ Murphy
-Chad Krys
-Matt Koopman
-Derek Britner
-Robbie Roche
-Jonathan Alsfeld

CRRhockey

Jan 29, 2013

Michael Campoli?

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
I'm not sure if you have seen any of these guys (probably have seen Krys) but if you have and could give some insight and what to expect then that would be great. Thanks!

-Liam Murphy
-Luke McInnis
-RJ Murphy
-Chad Krys
-Matt Koopman
-Derek Britner
-Robbie Roche
-Jonathan Alsfeld

Yeah don't know much about those players other than their stats. I'm sure you're familiar with Krys but I can just reiterate what everyone else is saying about him. Possesses strong offensive abilities but also has a strong defensive game. He could be stronger and play a little more physical. Completely dominates the PP and logs a lot of ice every game. Above average shot.

Michael Campoli?

No info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad