Waived: Alzner, Weise, Peca, Varone & Ouellet - All clear waivers and assigned to Laval

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
They hope to find another Byron. But the thing is Byron ain't that great. He reminds me Petrov a lot. Good player but wont improve your team if it's not good enough will just help you be a bubble team. With a plan like that they'll miss more than hit.

I don't see the problem with that. Every team in the league could use a Byron. No, he won't be a guy that'd put you over the top but I don't think anyone expects that either. Doubt that's the "plan". Acquiring guys like Drouin is part of the plan. MB does have a hard on for endless hard working depth though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I can see a scenario where KK gets sent down, no joke. He looks too slow for the NHL at the moment, so I hope they have a plan to improve his speed and explosiveness. If not, he'll struggle this season.
In the realm of "anything can happen"?

Sure...but I think that's a very unlikely scenario.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
huu, I dont remember really, can anyone be nice enough to remind me, why was Peca signed for 2 years again ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
And? He’s ready for the next step. Who develops properly playing 4th line with nobody wingers in the NHL?

Let's not pretend we know what's best for each individual player and that, once again, development and progression are linear.

Thus far poehling has shown that on big stages he is a game breaking talent. He has come under the radar and slowly through college. What's the rush now and who says he plays with bad winger on the 4th line. Weal is a great energy player and someone like Byron can stabilize a line like that. He progresses in the "4th" line spot and all of a sudden he's going to be promoted.

In my eyes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
MB is having the team in Laval, the Rocket renamed, the Waiver Wires!! Catchy. Must have been Gainey/Gauthier signed all this talent....couldn't be MB's fault...no way.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I doubt it was meant for KK. However, when MB said that others have had a mediocre camp other than Drouin so there is no reason to pile on JD, I'm sure he was referring to KK among a few others.

.....Young kids that can be sent down to Laval.......If you don't want to lose them to waivers, the only players that fit that description are Mete and KK. Aside from Suzuki and Fleury.

I'm pretty sure he is not happy with KK's performance. It would not surprise me if he was sent to Laval.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Great
Weal
Not sure

Unless you want to call Lekhonen great....
Weal has been great in preseason, that doesnt mean he is guaranteed to be great in the regular season.

I expect Lehkonen to still miss soccer nets from 2 feet away playing with Domi and Suzuki.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Weal has been great in preseason, that doesnt mean he is guaranteed to be great in the regular season.

I expect Lehkonen to still miss soccer nets from 2 feet away playing with Domi and Suzuki.

It's Weal, not Cousins, that has the real potential to replace Shaw - even to surpass him.

Suzuki replaces Drouin.

Hopefully Lehkonen hits the soccer nets.

And Poehling bumps Drouin out of the top 9.

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Domi Suzuki
Poehling Kotkaniemi Weal
Byron Drouin(?) Armia (Drouin as the 4c! Hard to see where he fits)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad