Waived: Alzner, Weise, Peca, Varone & Ouellet - All clear waivers and assigned to Laval

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Les jeunes qui poussent."

First words to come out of the PC.

Reactions: TRG

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Claims that evaluation not complete on young players remaining at camp.

Fielded a question about Drouin. Very political answer, about how they expect more from him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Claims that evaluation not complete on young players remaining at camp.

Fielded a question about Drouin. Very political answer, about how they expect more from him.

When asked about the trade rumors the last few days. He said that he doesn't know where they come from. Probably someone in his basement in Toronto.

I admit, I laughed at that.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bergevin on if Drouin is on the block said most of those reports come from basements in Toronto. :laugh:
Well this just further proves he's out of touch because Drouin certainly should be on the block pre season has showed us that he has 0 chemistry with anyone on this team and he doesn't fit Julien's strategy so his answer if he was a good GM would have been we are listening to offers and if we get one we like a move will be made.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Which is why they're on waivers.

I'll say this, if all five clear, along with Barber who cleared yesterday. Laval is in for a big season.

But it wouldn't surprise me if even if they clear, one or more will be moved.

The poster above is right. The last thing you want is 6-7 NHL has been in your AHL teams to help your kids. You want good AHL vets not NHL vets. Alzner already said he did not want to play for laval this year. Personally i would try to move Weise and Alzner or ask them to return home and pay them for nothing. They are done and i don't think you want this kind of guys around in the AHL unless they are dedicated to help the kids like Keane was. maybe Weise wants to play this role but Alzner already expressed not wanting to.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well this just further proves he's out of touch because Drouin certainly should be on the block pre season has showed us that he has 0 chemistry with anyone on this team and he doesn't fit Julien's strategy so his answer if he was a good GM would have been we are listening to offers and if we get one we like a move will be made.

The hotdogs are better, screw the transparency.

Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
26 players left at camp.

15 forwards
8 defensemen
3 goalies

We know Lindgren will get cut. So that would be 25 players. They'd only need to cut two players.

The decision then becomes if they carry 8 defensemen or 14 forwards.

Reactions: Redux91

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Just sounds like MB being coy and playing his cards close to the vest. He's not going to comment on any particular player who is involved in trade talks so there is a good possibility that Drouin is being marketed.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Even if Drouin is indeed on the block MB wasn't gonna publicly say so during a media scrum.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

How does it prove he's out of touch? You expected him to say "yes, he's on the block?" Of course he won't admit to it. He never admitted Galchenyuk was on the block, but he was. No GM will go out and say that a current player of his is on the block.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
26 players left at camp.

15 forwards
8 defensemen
3 goalies

We know Lindgren will get cut. So that would be 25 players. They'd only need to cut two players.

The decision then becomes if they carry 8 defensemen or 14 forwards.

98.5 saying that with the way Bergevin answered one of the questions, it was all but a given that Poehling made the team. Now, I don't know which question that was, I don't remember the comment.

Will Hudon hit the wire by the weekend?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I might be the only one but I think alzner gets a call up once he's in mid season form. I saw some heady plays and hardpasses from him.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->