Waived: Alzner, Weise, Peca, Varone & Ouellet - All clear waivers and assigned to Laval

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Alzner would have a spot in one of the other 30 teams as a 6-7-8. Some teams are hurting on D atm and dont have prospects ready to jump in. Alzners contract in two years is easy to buyout and 2 years is enough for teams to get their D in order. Looking at Winnipeg specifically that has cap and need for a D.
Just need to entice someone with a pick or something.

If not, i'm calling francis and asking him what he wants to take alzner in the expansion draft.

If you get pushed out of a roster spot by Reilly & Folin you are not 6-7-8 anywhere in the NHL.

Reactions: abo9

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Alzner would have a spot in one of the other 30 teams as a 6-7-8. Some teams are hurting on D atm and dont have prospects ready to jump in. Alzners contract in two years is easy to buyout and 2 years is enough for teams to get their D in order. Looking at Winnipeg specifically that has cap and need for a D.
Just need to entice someone with a pick or something.

If not, i'm calling francis and asking him what he wants to take alzner in the expansion draft.

Why do you think this? There are a ton of Journeymen D available worldwide. We have guys in Laval who are far better than Alzner right now.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
If you get pushed out of a roster spot by Reilly & Folin you are not 6-7-8 anywhere in the NHL.

Reilly hasn't done well in camp. I would of preferred Alzner who was much better than last year. I doubt any team would pick Reilly up from waivers, And, in the end, if you wish to trade Alzner, he needs to showcased he can still play in the big league. So can't say I agree with management's decision on this.

Reactions: Victorius

Jul 6, 2016
Reilly hasn't done well in camp. I would of preferred Alzner who was much better than last year. I doubt any team would pick Reilly up from waivers, And, in the end, if you wish to trade Alzner, he needs to showcased he can still play in the big league. So can't say I agree with management's decision on this.

Alzner had a better camp than Reilly, no doubt.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Alzner wasn't better than last year, he just didn't look like a complete fool. Every single flaws in Alzner's game were still present it's just that no one exploited them in the short time he played to make him look like hot garbage which is just a matter of time if you attempt to showcase him.

Reilly is bad, plus he was playing on the right side this year, and playing on his off-side make him look even more terrible. It still doesn't make Alzner worthy of a spot, here or anywhere else. If you are looking for bad, you can always find a younger and cheaper option to Alzner.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad