Weekes: Along with The Devils, significant interest on Meier are coming from Vegas, Toronto, Carolina

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Robertson is 4 months older I believe and has been better in the NHL.

Robertson has been PPG in the AHL for the last two seasons he played.

Draft rank means a lot less at this point.

I think Holtz is a good prospect, just laughing at the original quote.
4 Months older doesn't mean anything...so they're the same age.

Like I said, Robertson hasn't played 40 games in a season since he was in the OHL...so even though he has been PPG 2 years in the AHL, he still played less games than Holtz did last year who was also PPG in AHL.

In terms of the NHL, they've both sucked but Robertson has had chances in the top-6 where as Holtz hasn't.

I agree they're both solid prospects and get overrated, but Holtz is clearly better.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yes Holtz is shit . 28 randomly spaced games and can’t even scor pe at a PPG pace. Bust.
Some of these tales are quite something

You are ragging out Robertson who outside of draft position, looks to be trending better.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
You are ragging out Robertson who outside of draft position, looks to be trending better.
In what stat is he trending better? Holtz is the one who is bigger, better health history, better track record in the AHL, and yes was drafted a round and a half higher while also being drafted a year later (which is a significant difference at this young of an age)

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
4 Months older doesn't mean anything...so they're the same age.

Like I said, Robertson hasn't played 40 games in a season since he was in the OHL...so even though he has been PPG 2 years in the AHL, he still played less games than Holtz did last year who was also PPG in AHL.

In terms of the NHL, they've both sucked but Robertson has had chances in the top-6 where as Holtz hasn't.

I agree they're both solid prospects and get overrated, but Holtz is clearly better.

I'm a Leaf fan and I wouldn't trade for Robertson. The guy is small, rarely on his feet, his ass has a permanent spot reserved on the ice, has the heart of a lion but the physical force of a feather. He goes into dirty spaces A LOT, ergo why he is hurt so often, has a great shot but because of his size gets knocked off the puck easily but he is a dog on a bone when hunting the puck. In the big bad smash and bang West Conference, he'd survive a season. I love the kid but would not target him in a trade. Robertson has had chances in the top 6 on the Leafs but with 2 scoring stars on each of the 1st and 2nd line, there is not much left for him. Matthews, Nylander, Tavares are all shooters and Marner will default pass to one of those 3 before he would default to a rookie.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
In what stat is he trending better? Holtz is the one who is bigger, better health history, better track record in the AHL, and yes was drafted a round and a half higher while also being drafted a year later (which is a significant difference at this young of an age)

Depending on the site, he is not that much bigger.

Better health history sure.

Barely has a better AHL record.

The draft position is irrelevant.

Holtz has been in pro leagues for a while, I would have thought the transition would have been better.

Holtz > Robertson, but to pretend Holtz is some trump card in trades because of his draft history is laughable.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Depending on the site, he is not that much bigger.

Better health history sure.

Barely has a better AHL record.

The draft position is irrelevant.

Holtz has been in pro leagues for a while, I would have thought the transition would have been better.

Holtz > Robertson, but to pretend Holtz is some trump card in trades because of his draft history is laughable.
So you juts gave me 0 stats on how Robertson is trending better after claiming to another user he is trending better. There is 0 fans on this website that thinks Robertson is the same type of prospect as Holtz.

There was just a leafs fan that has admitted Robertson had his shot in the Leafs top-6 and he still didn't earn his place to stay there. Holtz hasn't even gotten that shot.

Your argument is the reason why people say Leafs prospects are overrated...becaues you are overrating Robertson.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Let’s compare fowards linemates for fun.

11F5BED4-F844-4B92-B914-8BB452F0D919.jpeg
57BB7ECA-C685-46ED-BBC4-91BDC56C94E6.jpeg

FF8D8A81-3386-4801-B9F6-89EB9818A3A2.jpeg
440000ED-C68E-41CA-84D3-529DF99D10DC.jpeg

Must be nice.

4B40BC16-61DC-4CD4-8ABB-5B594980AE77.jpeg

0DB45348-07E2-47C7-9E3C-D2D21C01C2BF.jpeg

023A4908-F2F3-4425-B394-A50B84D553D6.jpeg

B2E3F35A-E355-4F12-82FC-5DAAFD670335.jpeg
79E983AF-6F7E-410A-AB2E-101F423022CA.jpeg

lol Ruff’s line bingo.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don’t think there are any NJ fans on board with Holtz’s usage or development path this year. I know he has some issues with defense and foot speed, but there’s no question to me if given a good run with creators he can produce. Especially on the PP.

Reactions: StevensRocks

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don’t think there are any NJ fans on board with Holtz’s usage or development path this year. I know he has some issues with defense and foot speed, but there’s no question to me if given a good run with creators he can produce. Especially on the PP.
Since December 1st, NJ's bottom six has produced:

Wood: 29 games, 2 goals, 2 assists
McLeod: 30 games, 1 goal, 7 assists
Boqvist: 26 games, 2 goals, 3 assists
Zetterlund: 22 games, 1 goal, 5 assists
Sharangovich: 30 games, 4 goals, 5 assists
Bastian: 9 games, 0 goals, 1 assist

And yet people are shocked that a 20 year old rookie can't get any offensive traction when he gets 8 minutes a night with those guys.

Reactions: McDuffz88 and HBK27

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Holtz played w Hughes and Palat in the preseason and produced. When he’s been in the top 6 he’s looked like a good player and still shows flashes of elite playmaking when in the bottom 6 with offensive black holes on his line.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Since December 1st, NJ's bottom six has produced:

Wood: 29 games, 2 goals, 2 assists
McLeod: 30 games, 1 goal, 7 assists
Boqvist: 26 games, 2 goals, 3 assists
Zetterlund: 22 games, 1 goal, 5 assists
Sharangovich: 30 games, 4 goals, 5 assists
Bastian: 9 games, 0 goals, 1 assist

And yet people are shocked that a 20 year old rookie can't get any offensive traction when he gets 8 minutes a night with those guys.

And Zetterlund probably produced some of that moving up the line up, tbh.

I know for sure that one of those Rango goals came when he got jumped up to Jack's line (Nashville game)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad