Weekes: Along with The Devils, significant interest on Meier are coming from Vegas, Toronto, Carolina

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
1) They dont care about future
2) Stone injury gives them cap room to make move
1. What happens next year or when Stone comes back? Vegas cannot extend Meier so he would be a rental.
2. As a rental , can / will they outbid teams that will trade for him as being extended
3. Would SJ trade him to a divisional rival ?

Reactions: Bleedred

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
There was a report not too long ago that the Leafs don't want to move their 1st round pick/their top prospect, and I don't think Vegas has the right prospect unless the Sharks want Lukas Cormier. Almost certainly going to come down to the Canes and Devils, and there's just too much smoke linking Timo to New Jersey.

Reactions: Ciao

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
1. What happens next year or when Stone comes back? Vegas cannot extend Meier so he would be a rental.
2. As a rental , can / will they outbid teams that will trade for him as being extended
3. Would SJ trade him to a divisional rival ?

Who knows with Vegas, maybe they are sending someone like William KArlsson or Theodore in return along with retention from SJ.

Vegas for sure will be one of the bottom feeder teams in like 3-4 years.

They are in yolo mode with no high end prospects and aging core.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
There was a report not too long ago that the Leafs don't want to move their 1st round pick/their top prospect, and I don't think Vegas has the right prospect unless the Sharks want Lukas Cormier. Almost certainly going to come down to the Canes and Devils, and there's just too much smoke linking Timo to New Jersey.

Devils i believe have come out and said they arent moving Hughes or Nemec.

IMO if Canes make Morrow and their 1st available then it could trump any offer the Devils are willing to make.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i keep always thinking that Vegas is gonna get this done since Stone will be LTIR'd

VGK always makes a splash.... and then they will re sign him to a long term contract that is cheaper than people think and itll piss off all of HFboards

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Dubas better be ready to part with Knies and/or that 2023 1st round pick. In this deal, probably both if Meier comes at 50% off and maybe with a rental player as well.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Devils i believe have come out and said they arent moving Hughes or Nemec.

IMO if Canes make Morrow and their 1st available then it could trump any offer the Devils are willing to make.

Devils have just as deep of a prospect pool + I don't think they'll make Morrow available, Holtz is probably the best prospect on the table and he isn't a bad one to take a gamble on, he's been getting bottom line minutes this season, last season in the AHL as a teenager he scored at a PPG clip which is very good.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Who knows with Vegas, maybe they are sending someone like William KArlsson or Theodore in return along with retention from SJ.

Vegas for sure will be one of the bottom feeder teams in like 3-4 years.

They are in yolo mode with no high end prospects and aging core.
Retention is not needed by Vegas, it’s what happens when Stone comes back and not being able to extend Meier.
So essentially he is a rental. I can’t see SJ trading a player as good as Meier to SJ . A hated rival in division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad