Blue Jays Discussion: Almost time for real baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I don't think we lost that much power. Morales can crush close to 40 bombs playing 81 games at the RC. 81 games at the RC as opposed to 81 games at Kauffman, that's a big difference.

I can't see Morales coming close to 40 HR. I would bet the under on 30, even.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I can't see Morales coming close to 40 HR. I would bet the under on 30, even.

He had 30 last season playing at Kauffman Stadium. Why can't he come close to 40? He is getting more than 30 homers if he stays healthy. More games at Yankee Stadium, more games at Fenway, more games at Oriole Park. That adds up to more than 30 homers to me.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
It's about that time to get excited for opening day, watch the first 5 games religiously, realise there are 157 more of them, and get distracted by the NHL playoffs instead for a while.

Does that sound about right? :P

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bolsinger on waivers according to Sportsnet.

Tepera I guess gets the last spot alongside Osuna, Grilli, Loup, Smith, Biagini and Howell. I haven't watched much spring training, so I have no idea how good of a bullpen that is compared to last year.

Good to see some homegrown talent in there though.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Per Buster Olney, the Jays are looking for alternatives to Upton and he won't make the team

Weird turn of events. Coming into the spring it seemed like they wanted to find a way to keep both him and Zeke on the roster, and now it appears they're actively looking for ways to dump Upton. Makes you wonder if he did something during the spring off the field they didn't like.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Per Buster Olney, the Jays are looking for alternatives to Upton and he won't make the team

Weird turn of events. Coming into the spring it seemed like they wanted to find a way to keep both him and Zeke on the roster, and now it appears they're actively looking for ways to dump Upton. Makes you wonder if he did something during the spring off the field they didn't like.

What's happening with Pompey? Too injured for a spot? Goes with the Jays signing Chris Coghlan to a minors deal today I guess... Provide insurance for Pompey + take his spot in the minors or even a major league spot himself. Although I'd rather have Pearce in LF until Pompey comes back than Coghlan and then just let someone like Goins stick around a little bit longer in the meantime.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Heyman: "Jays r listening on Melvin Upton. Among teams that make sense: tigers, o's, rays, giants"

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What's happening with Pompey? Too injured for a spot? Goes with the Jays signing Chris Coghlan to a minors deal today I guess... Provide insurance for Pompey + take his spot in the minors or even a major league spot himself. Although I'd rather have Pearce in LF until Pompey comes back than Coghlan and then just let someone like Goins stick around a little bit longer in the meantime.

Had a concussion 3 weeks ago and we've heard nothing. Presumably he's still not doing anything.

When he's healthy, rehab in Buffalo and probably stay there unless he rips the cover off the ball and forces a callup unfortunately.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Bolsinger searching his name on twitter to tell blogger sites off? :laugh:

Unfortunately Boldingerz you can't really eliminate a 2 game sample to suit your story, especially when you only have a 9 game sample and more especially when it's the final 2 games before spring when you're supposed to be at your best

Last edited:

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.

Unfortunately Bolsdingerz you can't really eliminate a 2 game sample to suit your story, especially when you only have a 9 game sample and more especially when it's the final 2 games before spring when you're supposed to be at your best

That's hilarious, what a goof. His wife/gf/sister sure is attractive though!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Heyman: "Jays r listening on Melvin Upton. Among teams that make sense: tigers, o's, rays, giants"

you'd have to think there's more to the story but i'm sure any small market team wouldn't mind him at 2 million..

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Unfortunately Boldingerz you can't really eliminate a 2 game sample to suit your story, especially when you only have a 9 game sample and more especially when it's the final 2 games before spring when you're supposed to be at your best

Not to mention that as spring progresses the young kids are gone and your facing more professional bats. Today he faced mostly big league talent and got knocked around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille