Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Not worried about ya is this year they are absolute trash

It's Boston and that's it really

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
found this interesting. dont know how accurate but, Jays have the #6 payroll. With a lot of the bickering this offseason about spending, it appears they do spend

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

I was checking out that list and looked at the "trending players" list. I noticed Jacoby Ellsbury on that list. I have him as a spare player on one of my fantasy teams and I was curious about him.

The Yankees owe him $21 million a year for the next five years. :laugh:

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
One bad game from Tanaka and immediately it turns to "Tanaka is garbage" and "Yankees suck". Good to see all is normal around here :laugh:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wow. Rockies DFAed Miguel Castro.

I wouldn't say surprising. He hasn't exactly lit the league on fire yet and is still very young. I'll think he'll be a constant call up player for them until he's got a couple more years under his belt.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I didn't want an Upton/Carrera platoon, but replacing Upton with nothing wasn't really what I had in mind.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't want an Upton/Carrera platoon, but replacing Upton with nothing wasn't really what I had in mind.

Worse than nothing. We replaced him with Ryan Goins.

But it's okay. Someone should conceivably takeover that position, whether it's Pearce or Carrera or Pompey or someone in the minors, and bring value to the team. Bright side with this management group is that it seems they like to be proactive. Bring around enough competition and if a player struggles for a moment someone hot will take their spot.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Worse than nothing. We replaced him with Ryan Goins.

But it's okay. Someone should conceivably takeover that position, whether it's Pearce or Carrera or Pompey or someone in the minors, and bring value to the team. Bright side with this management group is that it seems they like to be proactive. Bring around enough competition and if a player struggles for a moment someone hot will take their spot.

If it's mostly just a placeholder move until Pompey is ready for action, then I'm ok with it. If Pearce is getting most of the playing time in LF, then I'm sort of ok with it since I think a Pearce/Smoak combination against RHP is the better option anyway.

Despite his horrible 2016, Coghlan is kind of an interest option, too.

There are reasonable alternatives, but I'm not sure how likely they are.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Payroll could be 400M/yr and you'd still get hordes of fans threatening to change their cell phone plans everytime a next veteran FA isn't offered a 10 yr contract.

Not true.

If the payroll was $400 million the criticism would shift to: "All they're doing is trying to buy championships. What ever happened to developing a team the old-fashioned way? Rogers is ruining baseball..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->