Post-Game Talk: Almost a win...

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Did you get the tickets through ticketmaster or other means? Just curious as I wasn't seeing any going for that low. I was seeing a lot of 40buck tickets with all the added charges.

When did they announce Connor wasn't going to play?

Ticket master app. I didn’t hear about it until 5 minutes before the game. Only found out through a friend.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I thought Currie could have used more icetime, the guy seems to skate well. I thought Koskinen played well, but the overall lack of talent is a bit of problem

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I thought Currie could have used more icetime, the guy seems to skate well. I thought Koskinen played well, but the overall lack of talent is a bit of problem
Koskinen was still second guessing a lot this game, he was hesitating before some of his pushes across the crease. The one where AZ dinged it off the post was due to Koskinen hesitating before he followed the pass.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Koskinen was still second guessing a lot this game, he was hesitating before some of his pushes across the crease. The one where AZ dinged it off the post was due to Koskinen hesitating before he followed the pass.
The Crouse drive? That one didn't hit the post, his stick did.

I mean I guess what you're saying, I think you're just looking for what you're "expecting" to find.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If I would've said Koskinen was going to face 35 shots and only let in 2 goals, people probably would've thought I was crazy.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
The Crouse drive? That one didn't hit the post, his stick did.

I mean I guess what you're saying, I think you're just looking for what you're "expecting" to find.
I'm rooting for the guy, we really have no choice. I'm just trying to judge objectively. No doubt he played better, but there's still things to work on.

space321

May 11, 2011
Hitchcock needs to go... this team isn't THIS BAD. The team should be TMac level bad, but this is just brutal. After the honeymoon period ran out, we've won like what, 5 or 6 games in two months? I f***ing called it when he got hired, but apparently he "said all the right things" which meant that he was gonna magically take this team to the playoffs.

His over reliance on "vets" and "hard hitting" players is baffling. He demoted Rattie after 2 goals in 4 games. Played our AHL callups like 6 minutes each. Plays Lucic/Kassian and now Colby Cave like 15+ minutes. And its CLEARLY NOT WORKING because we've 1 win in the last 10 games. Yet nothing changes.

Reactions: TheRebuild

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
So many empty seats at the game last night. Easily 1000+. Hardly any line ups for drinks/food. Gotta be hitting the Oilers bottom line.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines

One thing I think gets missed a lot when discussing our goaltending is the shell shocked effect of playing behind our defense. Hesitating, indecision, playing too deep, going down too early... all of that imo stems from a goalie that feels like he's got to do it all himself because you never know when the D is going to actually take their man (etc). It happens to every goalie that's played here over the last few years... they come in looking good then after a while getting hung out to dry they turn into Ben Scrivens and play too deep and go down too early.
We'll never have good goaltending until the defense is upgraded, the goalie has to trust the team as much as the team has to trust the goalie.

Reactions: TB12 and ujju2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing I think gets missed a lot when discussing our goaltending is the shell shocked effect of playing behind our defense. Hesitating, indecision, playing too deep, going down too early... all of that imo stems from a goalie that feels like he's got to do it all himself because you never know when the D is going to actually take their man (etc). It happens to every goalie that's played here over the last few years... they come in looking good then after a while getting hung out to dry they turn into Ben Scrivens and play too deep and go down too early.
We'll never have good goaltending until the defense is upgraded, the goalie has to trust the team as much as the team has to trust the goalie.
Have to think playing behind 13 different defenders this year adds a bit of an element to this.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad