All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought KO was already off the board :laugh:
A rare case for me of someone who I didn’t really factor into my plans but like I said I couldn’t let him drop further so I’ll find something for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I have no plans for Pillman but he seems like a fun guy to use. Sometimes those situations work out nicely, and sometimes they suck.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I wish that Owens lasted just a few more picks to me. I had I think a great idea for him.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Is it? I feel like that went quick but maybe that’s because it was the only thing I was doing
After looking into last year, we are about at the same spot now that we were then. One week in, round 8. Last year we had two more people though, so I guess that pace is a tad better.

Last edited:
Reactions: GKJ

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure what it says about the current product when there have been over 40 former world champions chosen now close to 100 picks in. And not one of them includes the current WWE champion who just defended his title at WM a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: theedge9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not sure what it says about the current product when there have been over 40 former world champions chosen now close to 100 picks in. And not one of them includes the current WWE champion who just defended his title at WM a couple weeks ago.

It says... nothing good about current WWE. Then again you can find a WWE champion from every era that hasn't been picked yet.

Reactions: BruinDust

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Except for Raw and Smackdown, I think the current product is okay.

Regarding the strategy of drafting or not drafting tag teams, so far I don't regret it. Even if I had drafted Rey Fenix at 77, Terry Funk 78 and Bruno 85 were both gone by my next pick, 92.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Except for Raw and Smackdown, I think the current product is okay.

Regarding the strategy of drafting or not drafting tag teams, so far I don't regret it. Even if I had drafted Rey Fenix at 77, Terry Funk and Bruno were both gone by my next pick, 92.

By current product, I should of said Raw and SD, or even just Raw (I actually like the current main event scene on SD, best it's been in awhile).

Reactions: Hawkman

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I haven't watched an episode of Raw or SmackDown since summer 2019 and it more than looks like I've missed nothing great. I still keep tabs on what's happening and I caught a bit of Mania. This is the first year I haven't watched all of WrestleMania since 1998.

Reactions: Hawkman

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Me too. In 2019 none of their wrestlers were Top 50 in the world. I'm not including NXT or UK in that statement. Walter was a good pick by GKJ.
I guess it depends on what you like in wrestling. WWE still has Bryan, Styles, Cesaro, Bàlor (in NXT now), Owens, Zayn and a few others I would call more than competent at worst, and world class at best. Zayn in particular has been putting on a chicken shit heel clinic for the past few years.

For me, the lack of coherent storylines and the ever-presence of 50/50 booking is what's driving me away from not just WWE, but most wrestling these days.

Reactions: Habsrule

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Oh wow Bruiser Brody slipped through the cracks.

I'm also surprised I was still able to get Demolition. I picked the Steiners first because I thought maybe someone would grab Scott on his own soon. As far as I know, Steiners vs. Demolition has never happened.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Oh wow Bruiser Brody slipped through the cracks.

I'm also surprised I was still able to get Demolition. I picked the Steiners first because I thought maybe someone would grab Scott on his own soon. As far as I know, Steiners vs. Demolition has never happened.
There are quite a few that have slipped thru the cracks...

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
The pace is better than a year ago when we were all on lockdown.
That is a massive stretch. We did 120 picks in the first 8 days last year. We've done 97 in the first 8 days right this second. Excluding Saturdays, we're averaging less than 10 picks a day.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That is a massive stretch. We did 120 picks in the first 8 days last year. We've done 99 in the first 8 days right this second. Excluding Saturdays, we're averaging less than 10 picks a day.
I think a lot of the delay is on me. Working a brutal schedule right now in health care. My bad peeps.

Reactions: theedge9

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I think a lot of the delay is on me. Working a brutal schedule right now in health care. My bad peeps.
You're cool. You haven't missed a pick. My wife works 60+ hours a week in healthcare so I know what it's like.

Reactions: Natey

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I planned on taking Doink (and Jannetty if possible) later on. Interested in seeing how they are used.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad