All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm looking forward to laying the smackdown on your candy asses as I give the people what they don't realize they want.

KTI65m6.gif

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I suspect that I won't get the #1 on my board in the 9 spot. There are about 5 wrestlers I would look at taking next though. Looking forward to seeing how the top picks shake out.

Reactions: Hawkman

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Alright let's goooooo! I wanna see the craziest stuff y'all got :thumbu:

I've got a plan kicking around my head. Not sure about it working out but giving it a shot.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm just throwing this out there but I think we should also book the winners/finishes of our cards. I don't think that was done in previous years. I'm going to probably do that for my card if I feel creative at the time.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm just throwing this out there but I think we should also book the winners/finishes of our cards. I don't think that was done in previous years. I'm going to probably do that for my card if I feel creative at the time.

People have done that before. Some like it while others don't. I view this as basically which card would I want to see so I can't quite make sense of why someone would give results, but I just ignore that when the time comes anyway. I'm interested in knowing the build to the card (and inevitably I'm going to put a few thousand words down to lay mine out) while other aren't. The card is yours so if that's how you want to present it then that's how you should present it.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Every card I've made I have included the build, a bit about what happens in the match, and the winner(s). I try to keep everything neat with spoiler tags so that can easily be ignored if the reader wishes. It's mainly for my own enjoyment as much as it is about getting some votes.

I was already thinking I would change it up this year with no results. It'll be a game time decision but I don't sweat it either way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t book my finishes in case I can incorporate it for the next year

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
People have done that before. Some like it while others don't. I view this as basically which card would I want to see so I can't quite make sense of why someone would give results, but I just ignore that when the time comes anyway. I'm interested in knowing the build to the card (and inevitably I'm going to put a few thousand words down to lay mine out) while other aren't. The card is yours so if that's how you want to present it then that's how you should present it.

I agree with Jack. This is not about the 1, 2, 3, 4 of Howe, Orr, Gretzky, and Lemieux.

The great thing about this draft is that it's about creativity, freedom, imagination, and open minds on the part of the creator and the reader. It's not about limiting/restricting the creativity, freedom, imagination, and open minds by putting limits and restrictions on possible outcomes.

Ah yes, this is all true. I may or may not include results for mine but yes, I now agree that it shouldn't be a rule for everyone to do so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Every card I've made I have included the build, a bit about what happens in the match, and the winner(s). I try to keep everything neat with spoiler tags so that can easily be ignored if the reader wishes. It's mainly for my own enjoyment as much as it is about getting some votes.

I was already thinking I would change it up this year with no results. It'll be a game time decision but I don't sweat it either way.

Pretty much what I do/may do this year to a T.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I agree with Jack. This is not about the 1, 2, 3, 4 of Howe, Orr, Gretzky, and Lemieux.

The great thing about this draft is that it's about creativity, freedom, imagination, and open minds on the part of the creator and the reader. It's not about limiting/restricting the creativity, freedom, imagination, and open minds by putting limits and restrictions on possible outcomes.

Yeah, I think some people get carried away with complaints about formatting and other things when it’s just like “ignore the spoilers.” I think it’s fair game to post how you’d see it when the cards are revealed, but some of the quibbling over formatting and allowing it to affect your vote I never understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00