All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My plan is to likely split Bryan and Guerrero. They sort of fulfil the same roles but I really like the versatility and that they can carry their own matches. Most of the time I've split my first two picks into different matches. I don't recall Bryan and Guerrero being matched up before (there likely wasn't an angle behind it or I'd remember) but I do prefer to go with something totally new.

Jericho always seems to go too late for whatever reason. As an overall package he should probably go in the top 10 every time.

qpq did that matchup a few years back. Not sure the background though. Either way they’re a great start to a roster.

Jericho is my favorite of all time so I’m biased but he should definitely go top ten if you ask me. He has one drawback but @Megahab doesn’t have to worry about that.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
qpq did that matchup a few years back. Not sure the background though. Either way they’re a great start to a roster.

Jericho is my favorite of all time so I’m biased but he should definitely go top ten if you ask me. He has one drawback but @Megahab doesn’t have to worry about that.

What drawback? I sense that something is going over my head.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think that someone should let Hawkman in on the reality that wrestling existed before 2018.

Or not, now that I consider the consequences.

theedge9

May 21, 2018
Let's keep this pace a going folks :) I feel like its gonna be 8 million years till I can pick again with my next pick being skipped lol

Reactions: Kaner9

theedge9

May 21, 2018
I did not see E&C going as a team pick that's a big stance to take.

I've wanted to do it in the past - but always thought I was "giving up" a pick - C might be a bit of a reach - but I suppose it's better safe than sorry!

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I like the Rhodes pick. I happily would have taken him with one of my next two picks as I had a plan I've wanted to do with him for years.

I picked Dusty two years ago and made in my mind am amazing match. Or at least the mic work heading into the match would have been must see tv. Not going to spoil it though. Love Dusty

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I picked Dusty two years ago and made in my mind am amazing match. Or at least the mic work heading into the match would have been must see tv. Not going to spoil it though. Love Dusty

Oh yeah Dusty brings adequate in ring skills with some of the best promo skills ever. Very useful if used certain ways. I had him four years ago and enjoyed it.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Probably not everyone's favorite pick, but Sting is useful considering he didn't go to the WWE until very late and then didn't have a lot of opponents. Gives you a lot of matchup options, though the one I was looking to do can't happen...

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Probably not everyone's favorite pick, but Sting is useful considering he didn't go to the WWE until very late and then didn't have a lot of opponents. Gives you a lot of matchup options, though the one I was looking to do can't happen...
We all have to remember, in all fairness to everyone, to think of these guys at the height of the primes or most successful points. Like for me i had Andre vs Taker a few years ago and I'm pretty sure everyone saw that as 1990 Andre vs 2017 Taker instead of 1970s Andre vs like 1996 Taker...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We all have to remember, in all fairness to everyone, to think of these guys at the height of the primes or most successful points. Like for me i had Andre vs Taker a few years ago and I'm pretty sure everyone saw that as 1990 Andre vs 2017 Taker instead of 1970s Andre vs like 1996 Taker...

Yeah, that's why I do mini "bios" and why I'm pretty clear about what version of a wrestler I am choosing. So for Sting last year I was very specific as to what time frame of WCW Sting I was using from a physical standpoint but that it was TNA "Joker" Sting from a character standpoint (which I know few like but what I think was a really underrated gimmick and performance). Despite the picture I posted, that isn't the Sting I'm planning on using this year. Even with another guy I drafted last year, I was very specific as to the images I used so they played back to the bio I had for him even though I could have plugged in any number of images of his look and it wouldn't have mattered.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Andre was a good in-ring worker until his body started to fail mid-80's. Most remember him exclusively as a WWF talent but his best work was in other territories and I would rank his work with Stan Hansen in Japan as his best. This blows WMIII out of the water.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I assume that everyone basically does this, though in some cases a wrestler has various phases and you can't always pin things down. For instance when Jericho gets used there is a wide range of versions that could be used. Of course it usually helps when someone puts more info into it to lay things out, though the risk that they will pick a poor version exists. It also helps to have a little context when someone is putting out a match between two wrestlers who are typically heels.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was curious how high Cody would go, pretty close to what I figured

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was curious how high Cody would go, pretty close to what I figured

I thought he’d go lower if I left him. How far I don’t know. I don’t like how he’s currently being used in AEW, but I’m a big fan of his. Anyway, it seems old habits die hard for some of us when it comes to guys we’ve drafted before.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
With the way things have been falling in place, I moved my plans up. Was hoping to get Nakamura later but didn't feel good about him hanging around.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I feel like I am winging it right now. So far the wrestlers who I really want are getting picked just before my turn. I went with best value in my first two picks. (Flair and Lesnar)

I was really wanting Andre the Giant who was just picked. I know that it wouldn’t be the greatest technical match but it sure would be been a spectacle between Brock and Andre.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some of my plans have been scuppered at this point, but then some that I thought would be still remain a possibility. My next pick, assuming they are still available, is someone I hadn’t considered until just last night.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like I am winging it right now. So far the wrestlers who I really want are getting picked just before my turn. I went with best value in my first two picks. (Flair and Lesnar)

I was really wanting Andre the Giant who was just picked. I know that it wouldn’t be the greatest technical match but it sure would be been a spectacle between Brock and Andre.
I think the majority of us wing it. I took Sasha early quite frankly to make it easier for me to get a hold of matches and play in my end of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad