All-Time Wrestling Draft: 2021

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Austin seems to almost always go first. Michaels is my favourite wrestler ever, but I found it very difficult to get a fresh matchup for him a few years back. Good to get going on a... snowy April day.

Reactions: Kaner9

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Austin seems to almost always go first. Michaels is my favourite wrestler ever, but I found it very difficult to get a fresh matchup for him a few years back. Good to get going on a... snowy April day.
I'm not an Austin fan. But we saw what workrate did for me last year so I'm going a different direction I guess. Have to sell out to corporate.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I love Austin. Have a few ideas for him if I ever land him. It’s subjective though. A guy I really like doesn’t get a lot of love here (though sole really like him) so for me to main event him doesn’t always work. Similar predicament with Michaels.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not an Austin fan. But we saw what workrate did for me last year so I'm going a different direction I guess. Have to sell out to corporate.

I don't love Austin in this setting, but there are certain versions of Austin that I'd be quite interested in seeing. I look forward to taking a look at what you put out.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't love Austin in this setting, but there are certain versions of Austin that I'd be quite interested in seeing. I look forward to taking a look at what you put out.

I have a particular version I’d have considered had he fallen to me.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Macho King is a clear sign someone has a plan.
I have a loose plan, but more importantly I've always wanted to use Savage and haven't yet. He's pretty versatile so even if it's a reach for the top 3, I'm not painted in any kind of corner.

The only person besides Savage I was thinking was Michaels, so it was an easy choice.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have a loose plan, but more importantly I've always wanted to use Savage and haven't yet. He's pretty versatile so even if it's a reach for the top 3, I'm not painted in any kind of corner.

The only person besides Savage I was thinking was Michaels, so it was an easy choice.

I don’t think he’s a reach at all. That said I’d have to come up with something for him.

Reactions: Hawkman

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Obviously, agreed. Gargano went first on my list at 12 last year. I drafted him 5th. Both numbers are first round picks. This is about creativity. Who cares where anyone is drafted? I do not.
Didn't mean it as an insult so much as a surprise.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One of these years I’ll get Foley. Had an idea for him this year too but never really thought I’d get him.

I can see how one might consider Gargano a reach because one might be able to wait, but he’s also got a major point going for him in a draft with the considerations this one has. I took him a couple of years back, but I’m short on ideas for him as a a character after that. Anyway, I agree that how you get your guys is less important than getting them and how you use them.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I love the Gargano pick. He is one of those rare must see wrestlers. Whenever he is in a match he looks good but more importantly makes his opponent look good. He may not have the big marquee name to sell out a stadium but everyone will remember his match because more often than not it stole the show.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The problem with taking Gargano is that he isn't even the top diminutive 21st century wrestler out there - Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson is. I believe that Hawkman knows this but didn't know how to handle a real top end talent.

I do need to reevaluate things though. The Rock was #1 on my draft board, and while I didn't expect to get him at 8 I'm still rattled that CHGoalie of all people stole a wrestler that I wanted.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The problem with taking Gargano is that he isn't even the top diminutive 21st century wrestler out there - Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson is. I believe that Hawkman knows this but didn't know how to handle a real top end talent.

I do need to reevaluate things though. The Rock was #1 on my draft board, and while I didn't expect to get him at 8 I'm still rattled that CHGoalie of all people stole a wrestler that I wanted.

DB is great. My problem is he’d be nearly impossible to book as I want to without making a trade to get his opponent.

And to think The Rock has already done a scathing promo on Jack Slater Productions.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
DB is great. My problem is he’d be nearly impossible to book as I want to without making a trade to get his opponent.

And to think The Rock has already done a scathing promo on Jack Slater Productions.

It's no coincidence that The Rock has sold out to Hollywood. I wanted Hogan for Bryan's opponent, primarily for my own interest, but that's not happening. As of right now I don't really have anyone in mind and I'll probably get his opponent in a few rounds.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
We are flying through this draft. I was hoping to get my picks in this weekend, little alone after six hours.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
DB and Eddie are a great start. One of those unfortunate marches that has already happened in an earlier draft as that is one of the storylines I like for both guys.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I can’t believe Jericho lasted as long as he has. Biggest steal so far if you ask me.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Jericho has lasted notably longer before. I rather naively thought he’d fall to me. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This is indeed an impressive pace. Fastest it's ever started I'm sure.

DB and Eddie are a great start. One of those unfortunate marches that has already happened in an earlier draft as that is one of the storylines I like for both guys.

My plan is to likely split Bryan and Guerrero. They sort of fulfil the same roles but I really like the versatility and that they can carry their own matches. Most of the time I've split my first two picks into different matches. I don't recall Bryan and Guerrero being matched up before (there likely wasn't an angle behind it or I'd remember) but I do prefer to go with something totally new.

I can’t believe Jericho lasted as long as he has. Biggest steal so far if you ask me.

Jericho always seems to go too late for whatever reason. As an overall package he should probably go in the top 10 every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->