Speculation: All things Spezza Round II - This time it's business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if you look at the initial offer murray took

Penner / Cogs / Smid

that would have been a very good return for heatley the thing is though heatley has much more power in where he wanted to go and it seemed like he wanted to go to a single team

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
if you look at the initial offer murray took

Penner / Cogs / Smid

that would have been a very good return for heatley the thing is though heatley has much more power in where he wanted to go and it seemed like he wanted to go to a single team

Yeah as terrible as that trade was, its pretty well known that Heatley handcuffed the team in terms of a destination. The Sharks knew they could get it done dirt cheap and I'm sure Murray only got Michalek by taking Cheechoo. Imagine the return if he refused to take Cheechoo, or the circus of keeping Heatley!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Vermette
Samuelsson
2014 1st Rd Pick

For Spezza + Gryba

Then

Weircioch
Prince
Puempel
2nd Rd Pick

For Erhoff + Stewart

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Stewart
Hoffman-Vermette-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Erhoff-Cowen
Phillips-Ceci

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Vermette
Samuelsson
2014 1st Rd Pick

For Spezza + Gryba

Then

Weircioch
Prince
Puempel
2nd Rd Pick

For Erhoff + Stewart

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Stewart
Hoffman-Vermette-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Erhoff-Cowen
Phillips-Ceci

Like the 1st trade. Hate the 2nd trade.

shibster

Dec 5, 2005
Your expectations are way too high. Why would the Blues, who believe they are contenders, deal away core players? And as others have mentioned, Schwartz's value is higher than Spezza's - 21 years old, under team control for another 5 years, and already a top-6 forward with the potential to be a top-line LW.

Oshie might be available, although I think the Blues would want to pair Oshie up with Spezza.

Well, one reason is that Spezza would instantly become their best forward and primary powerplay option. That's their biggest area of need when you look at their team.

I highly doubt either of those players will ever reach the point totals that Spezza has (...and might once again with high-quality wingers).

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
blah dont want Vermette back. I think stewart is a better option than him in terms of top 6 forwards to target.

rather have berglund or bonino if those are the center choices

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Your expectations are way too high. Why would the Blues, who believe they are contenders, deal away core players? And as others have mentioned, Schwartz's value is higher than Spezza's - 21 years old, under team control for another 5 years, and already a top-6 forward with the potential to be a top-line LW.

Oshie might be available, although I think the Blues would want to pair Oshie up with Spezza.

Only on this forum is a guy with the "potential" to be a first liner worth more than an actual point per game first liner. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Only on this forum is a guy with the "potential" to be a first liner worth more than an actual point per game first liner. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

contract length and age play a huge part..Spezza is almost a rental

unless you find a 30 year old number 2 defensemen who is avaliable and only as 1 year left then you wont get that

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
A player, a prospect, and a pick?

Silfverberg, Noesen, and a 1st rounder from Anaheim?

Which would mean Spezza for Ryan?

Damnit Murray!

:)

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
contract length and age play a huge part..Spezza is almost a rental

unless you find a 30 year old number 2 defensemen who is avaliable and only as 1 year left then you wont get that

Spezza is almost a rental? Since when do guys with 1 year left on their contract count as rentals? I guess MacArthur, Ryan, Methot and Anderson are also all rentals on this team???

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Spezza is almost a rental? Since when do guys with 1 year left on their contract count as rentals? I guess MacArthur, Ryan, Methot and Anderson are also all rentals on this team???

for a team acquiring him ? of course you wont give up the same for a 1 year player as a 5 year player.

you need to look at both sides

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone who hates on Murray for the sharks trade is lost. What on earth could he have done? Yeah. Keep heatley. But what does that do.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we're trading Spezza, the center piece of the trade should be a top 2 dman. Remodel the way this team plays. They have enough skill to score some goals, but it would be a roster better suited to playing better defensively and locking teams down and scoring on the transition where our speed and skill can get put to work.

Spezza for #2 dman, top 6 forward and prospect/draft pick. That's the ideal trade for me.

Then we can shuffle around some of our defensemen for offensive support.

That's an unbelievably high price. Joe Thornton didn't even get that. Not many players will return that kind of package. Let's me real here. I think we will get a borderline top 6 forward with the potential to breakout. (Berglund , wilson)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I just don't think that Berglund makes sense. If the Sens bring a center they need a legit top 6 guy, not a tweener like Berglund. They have too many centers as it is. Pageau and Dacosta can be given a shot instead of bringing in another to add to the logjam.

I really hope he isn't the centerpiece

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I just don't think that Berglund makes sense. If the Sens bring a center they need a legit top 6 guy, not a tweener like Berglund. They have too many centers as it is. Pageau and Dacosta can be given a shot instead of bringing in another to add to the logjam.

i am not a huge fan os his but some people argue that him being a 20 goal scorer makes him a top 6 winger also he might be surpressed offensively due to being on St Louis (kind of like perron)

John Holmes*

Yes, why would anyone blame Murray for the Heatley trade?

He only gave the guy a 7 year contract that made him practically unmoveable.

He handcuffs himself, shrugs and says hey...I'm handcuffed here!

Give me an overpriced broken down sniper that I will buy out, a guy with no knees and a pick I can throw away on a rental.

I actually am starting to get excited about how bad the Spezza trade is going to be.

A 3rd liner with a bum shoulder, an AHL guy worse than 5 we already have and a crap pick in a crap draft!

Great job!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I straight-up hate that return for Spezza. There's only the tiniest shred of hope of one of those assets becoming an impact player. Blues make that trade every day of the week.

If Spezza goes to the Blues I'd want at least Oshie or Schwartz coming back. People seem high on Shattenkirk, but I'd want to aim higher.

Which is why blues hang up. Schwartz will not be moved. If this is two years ago. Yeah. We probably get Schwartz +. Schwartz is more valuable than oshie. Not to be a hindsight analyst but this team should have cleaned house in 09. Spezza for a huge return. Alfie for a huge return. Phillips. Neil. When these players had real value. Live and learn. We could have gotten Schwartz like players back for Alfie and spezza with term on their contracts.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Berglund doesn't do anything for me. Even if he wasn't the primary peice id be like really? I'm tired of slow players.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Blues fans are saying he plays mostly wing. Either way. A lackluster player to get back for our now former franchise player.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's an unbelievably high price. Joe Thornton didn't even get that. Not many players will return that kind of package. Let's me real here. I think we will get a borderline top 6 forward with the potential to breakout. (Berglund , wilson)

The Thornton return was brutal, the only reason Boston isn't laughed at as milburyesque for that one is because of their luck in Muckler making a Norris defender available for nothing the very next off-season.

Sturm, Primeau and Stuart were never going to amount to much and everyone knew it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Thornton return was brutal, the only reason Boston isn't laughed at as milburyesque for that one is because of their luck in Muckler making a Norris defender available for nothing the very next off-season.

Sturm, Primeau and Stuart were never going to amount to much and everyone knew it.
Which makes it more obvious that we won't be getting the huge deal previously mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad