OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
FAWS total 180 in tone compared to Wandavision.. a lot of character building to..felt more like AoS or the Netflix Marvel shows

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
FAWS total 180 in tone compared to Wandavision.. a lot of character building to..felt more like AoS or the Netflix Marvel shows

Really enjoyed it. Love getting to see these characters deal with real life issues. Appreciate that theyre taking the time to explore that.

Only complaint was the end of the episode felt rushed. I honestly thought I was midway through the episode and then it ends.

Seems early on that theyre trying to live somewhere between a movie and a full series season with these shows...kinda wish they wouldve just went for it and really flushed out these stories.

Reactions: trostol and Hawkman

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, yeah, I know this is the Marvel thread but just finished up the Snyder Cut which I watched over the last two nights.

I honestly don’t really know where to stand with it. It was entirely too long for a theater movie but being on a streaming platform and broken into parts it was doable.

The movie itself was far better than the original.

It actually took the time to delve into the characters a little bit so that you cared rather than just having them show up.

They actually made Steppenwolf seem threatening as opposed to the jabroni that he was in the original.

Overall, I’m not sure it was worth the hype that it’s gotten over the last few years nor is it a 97% like it was on RT last I saw but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1st episode of Falcon & the Winter Soldier was pretty great. Opening action sequence was insanely good. Effective character building the rest of the episode.

As for Snyder Cut, i'm about 60% through and VERY surprised at how good this is.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There. It took forever, but we finally finished watching all the movies through Endgame and Spidey. Onto the TV shows!

First Spoderman making Vulture into a great villain is a huge feat. Thought he was a garbage villain before.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
1st episode of Falcon & the Winter Soldier was pretty great. Opening action sequence was insanely good. Effective character building the rest of the episode.

As for Snyder Cut, i'm about 60% through and VERY surprised at how good this is.

The opening scene was one of the best action scenes they've ever done.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There. It took forever, but we finally finished watching all the movies through Endgame and Spidey. Onto the TV shows!

First Spoderman making Vulture into a great villain is a huge feat. Thought he was a garbage villain before.

Not your first watch right?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh, it was our first watch through. Many years ago we were something like 4 films behind and thought "Ah hell it's too much to worry about, how many more can they make? We can catch up later"

This was an erroneous approach to the franchise.

Welcome to the family! Man I wish you got to see Infinity War and Endgame in theaters though. Nonetheless, the next phase is setting up to pretty epic once again based on the seeds being planted.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm amazed at how spoiler-free I kept myself for Endgame.

I had a couple friends get it spoiled from that LeSean McCoy tweet. Oh man, I had never seen them that angry.

I also think we'll never get a theatre experience like Endgame again. The last half hour in my theatre was just pure yelling and screaming at basically everything. Then the whole theater went dead silent for....you know. Such a wild range of crowd reaction and emotion.

Reactions: Rebels57

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Regarding the Falcon and the Winter Soldier

I think it's sad they made the Falcon into Iron Man, Jr. They stole his identity. The Winter Soldier should be the tough guy of the two. The new Cap looks weird, like a mutant or something.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Regarding the Falcon and the Winter Soldier

I think it's sad they made the Falcon into Iron Man, Jr. They stole his identity. The Winter Soldier should be the tough guy of the two. The new Cap looks weird, like a mutant or something.

He's nothing like Iron Man aside from the ability to fly, which he has always had because...he's...the Falcon.

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait so you didnt know what happened at the very end? The big moment?

No. I did not. My only spoiler was Thor being a fat slob. And things being unsnapped.

I realized what was about to happen based on how Strange was looking at him, and based on clues earlier in that movie and Infinity. My wife was spoiled and knew what was coming so she was paying attention to me for my reaction and she knew I was figuring it out because I started gibbering nonsense.

Infinity War was spoiled pretty completely for me from pretty much the first week it was out, so I'm really happy I escaped that fate with Endgame.

Reactions: Tripod and Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We are watching WandaVision.

Before we started watching tonight the wife and I were trying to figure out what's what. I proposed that in whatever weird fantasy island thing this is, Wanda has gained the power to bring things to life; which isn't one of her actual powers. I guessed that maybe whoever is holding her lost someone around the time of The Snap but who wasn't snapped, and they wanted to get them back; or someone lost people before they were Blipped, and wanted the same. I figured maybe they were trying to groom Wanda into being able to do that. I never thought for a second that it could be Wanda trying to live out a fantasy with dead-ass Vision.

We do the 80s episode tomorrow. This shit is way better than The Wonder Years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:rolleyes: He's using Stark tech to do things he's never done before. That's what Rhodey spoke to him about. Sad embarassing post.

First, Stark tech has been used as an explanation for the abilities of multiple characters since the MCU started. Its part of the connective tissue.

Second, What Stark tech is allowing him to do things he hasn't done before in the comics?

Falcon (comics) - Wikipedia

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
First, Stark tech has been used as an explanation for the abilities of multiple characters since the MCU started. Its part of the connective tissue.

Second, What Stark tech is allowing him to do things he hasn't done before in the comics?

Falcon (comics) - Wikipedia

Falcon isn’t a character that I follow closely in the comics but the biggest difference I notice is that in the MCU Redwing isn’t a real bird. And the character doesn’t (as far as we know) have the connection with real birds that he has in the comics. I would have preferred that they use a real/cgi bird in the MCU but I guess robot Redwing can do more cool things.

Reactions: Hawkman

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Falcon isn’t a character that I follow closely in the comics but the biggest difference I notice is that in the MCU Redwing isn’t a real bird. And the character doesn’t (as far as we know) have the connection with real birds that he has in the comics. I would have preferred that they use a real/cgi bird in the MCU but I guess robot Redwing can do more cool things.
Agreed. I was gonna say that, but I was too upset about him becoming Iron Man, Jr. Why does he need the WS with all the tech he has? So he has someone to talk to on the show? :laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Agreed. I was gonna say that, but I was too upset about him becoming Iron Man, Jr. Why does he need the WS with all the tech he has? So he has someone to talk to on the show? :laugh:

Why does he need the Winter Soldier? He doesn't, but Marvel does team-ups all the time and they already established a kind of chemistry with these two characters going back to Civil War. The fight scene at the airport where the two of them fought Spiderman was great and showed the possibility of bringing the two characters together. I'm actually looking forward to this, I like both actors and they seem to work well together. So why not?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Yeah, which is a change for the better. Falcon having telepathic abilities with Redwing and other birds would be silly.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

You could just not watch it instead of bitching about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad